Ep 33 The truth they wanted…

Precious presence in my life (Sequel of SHE just my baby’s MOTHER!)

 

* re-edit version*

 

Hearing that the CEO of Lee Company is going to appear on the famous talk show, TRUTH STORY, this news stormed the nation as everyone were standby themselves in front of the TV to watch for his confession regarding the latest gossip that will be shown in just 10 more minutes.

In the waiting room, Howon fixed his clothes and stared at his wedding ring. His finger automatically touched on the ring and his mouth murmured Jieun’s name.

Jieun, it must be hard to stay by my side, right? Everyone was talking behind you but as your husband, I didn’t know about it and just found it out recently. You must be suffered a lot, right?

So, now I will face the public and protect you from them! If they dared to speak harshly to you, I will definitely break their bone!

“Mr Lee, the show is about to start. Please follow me to the recording room.” A staff said and guided him there.

 

Once the door opened, Howon saw a group of cameramen standby themselves with a camera in their hand respectively.

Flash! Flash! Flash!

The cameras flashed more furiously than before and the red light from the cameras, indicating recording, was blinking from all directions into Howon’s eyes. Howon just kept himself silent and sat onto the chair prepared before the host began her interview.

 

Jieun was walking herself home after visited the doctor. She was having a great pain on her head this morning so she asked the driver to send her to the hospital without having any chance to tell Misook.

“Ahjumma must be worried now.” Jieun said and knocked her head.

“Why didn’t I realize it!” She said and stared at her handphone.

Well, this morning after the driver sent her to the hospital, she told him to leave first as she knew the driver’s son is having a fever. She told him that she will call him when the procedure was done.

However, she didn’t realize her handphone was out of battery. She looked into her bag and found that she had left her purse at home. So, she had no money to take a taxi.

Haizz… What to do! I guess I need to walk to Howon’s office and asked for his help as the office is just around there.

 

While waiting at the lane for the traffic light to turn green, a popular TV Show was shown on the big TV screen that hung on the outer wall of a building, caught away the passerby’s attention.

“Oh! It’s Lee Howon!” One of the passerby shouted. Of course, Jieun turned her attention on the screen immediately and saw her husband was having an interview on the show.

Interview? Didn’t Howon hate it so much? Why was he there?

These sorts of questions kept on popping into her mind.

Soon, the traffic was jammed as everyone stopped their vehicles and paid their attention on the interview.

 

First of all, thank you for coming here today, Mr Lee Howon.” The host greeted.

“It’s my pleasure to be here too.” Howon said and gave her a bitter smile.

“Well, Mr Lee Howon, I guess you know about the recent hot issue regarding your marriage, right?”

“Yes.” Howon answered weakly with a light nod.

“Sorry to ask that but is that the reason why you appeared here?” The host asked carefully, trying hard not to hurt his feeling. Even though she was curious about this issue, she still cared about her guest’s feeling. That’s why Minhyuk chose her show for his hyung’s first appearance after the incident.

“Yes.”

“Well, what is your thought regarding this rumor? Is this rumor real by chance?”

“Yes, it is.” Howon said with sadness flashed in his eyes.

The host was surprised by his confession. She was expected him to say No to her but all he did was admit it!

 

"Was that a bit too straightforward?" She asked and Howon noticed the reaction of everyone inside the hall. The host and the cameramen with their mouth opened widely due to his direct confession.

Howon didn’t say anything and just silent himself with a bitter smile. The host sensed that it wasn’t the way like the rumor stated. The truth regarding his marriage.

“Well, if that was real, why didn’t you have a divorce by then? Ermm, I mean the two of you just married because of the baby, aren’t you?”

“Well, what you said is 50/50.”

“Mr Lee, can you please explain further? I guess the audience didn’t get what you meant.”

 

“Well, both of us were actually forced to marry to each other by my grandma.

At first, I rejected her request as that time my heart was still ache from my first love. I was afraid of open my heart to any lady as I can’t stand to bear with the love pain that I’m going to face again.

Besides, I was still confused about my feeling to her. Yes, I did have affection toward her, but that wasn’t deep enough to be called love by that moment.

I was planned to tell this to my grandma but stopped when I thought of the future life of her.

How people will look down at her if they knew she was pregnant before married?

How she was going to have her own family if she carried a child which was not her husband’s biological one?

How hard would her life be?

These questions kept on appear on my mind.

So, after thinking properly, I decided to marry her and have a contract marriage with her.”

 

When Howon finished his last word, everyone was wowed by his answer.

“Contract marriage?” The host asked carefully to confirm about it.

“Yes. A contract marriage. She can divorce with me and formed her own family while I will take care of the child that she born.” Howon said.

“Then why didn’t you two divorce after all?”

 

“Well, at first I also thought of the same way you think. When we officially became a registered couple, I was still unable to think of her as my wife.

I treated her like she was a stranger that only existed in my life and always ignored her as I didn’t want myself to develop some feeling to her. I know I’m not a good person and she deserved a better man that can give her a happy life.

I don’t know why, whenever I saw her, I felt like there was some chemistry reactions running inside of me and pulled me to her but I always denied it and treated her badly.

Maybe because of this, she cried a lot. However, she always smiled brightly like nothing happened on the following day and never complained it to my grandma.”

 

“Once, I was upset by her as she tried to avoid me for no reason. I didn’t know why but a hurt feeling stuffed in my heart and made me feel so angry. I decided not to come home before my anger had subsided.

Even though I always stayed up late at the company on purpose, she still asked my secretary to make sure that I have my meal and enough rest.

Sometimes, she brought her handmade lunch box to the company for me but I pretended I didn’t know about it as my stupid, selfish pride didn’t allow me to forgive her.

Unable to control my emotion when I had my first fight with her, I shouted at her and left some harsh words that really hurt a lot.”

 

“What did you say by then?” The host asked, trying to hold back her tears.

“I told her that….” Howon said, with his voice started to shake. He stopped his word as he was trying hard to hold back his tears.

“I told her that ‘Don’t you hate me so much and tried to avoid me? Now, why do you still care me so much? Are you trying to fool me? Am I a fool to you?’ I remembered how she stared at me with the tears formed in her eyes.

Then, I said to her that I’m regret of coming back home that day… and stormed out of the house without letting her to have a chance to explain…

Later, I was told by my grandma that she was almost miscarried because I didn’t answer her call.” Howon said with sadness ran deep in him.

 

“Then what happened?”

“Luckily she was safe and I stayed in the hospital to take care of her. As I was too tiring, I fell asleep next to her and when the moment I woke up, I found that she was not there. I ran around the hospital and everywhere to find for her but she was nowhere to be found.

I rushed back to the room and found her there, looking for me. Even though she was the patient, she still worried about me and walked herself down to the canteen to buy food for me while her body was so weak that she might collapse anytime.

After that, I went back home and stepped into her room without realize why. I found a diary by then and realized that I had never take the responsibility as a husband! I didn’t go for the prenatal classes and appointments with her, never ask how she feels from the morning sickness, never ask if she take her meals or sleeping well every night… All the things that a husband should do, I never did it to her once, yet she still told our baby not to angry with his busy daddy and suffered it all by herself.

What a useless bastard I am! I told to myself again and again…”

His true confession caused the audiences at the verge of tears.

 

“Slowly by slowly, I found that the more I spent my time with her, the deeper was my feeling to her until she had stayed as the owner of my heart. So, I confessed and proposed to her again and finally she accepted me.

I thought everything will be alright by then. But my happy life was then gone again.

My wife had disappeared 2 hours ago and I couldn’t contact her at all. She had just missing like that and didn’t tell me where she was.

She just gone for 2 hours and I was already crazy to the maximum. I can’t bear to lose her anymore. Without her, I will really be crazy… really crazy…”

“So, can everyone who’s watching now help me to find my wife? Please! Please! I pleaded you!” Howon said and knelt on the floor.

He was crying. Cried hardly as there will be no tomorrow. As if there was no more hope for the dismal life that he’s been living. As if he lost the one that gave him the greatest support to live on.

 

While the passerby were still glued their attention on this pitiful man, they saw a beautiful lady cried sadly.

They stared at her for a while and realized she was the lady that Mr Lee was looking for!

Moved by Howon’s confession, an old lady went closer to her and said, “Let me bring you there!”

 

Knowing how worried her husband was, Jieun nodded her head and accepted her offer.

On the way to the broadcast station, the old lady switched on the radio as she afraid Jieun will feel awkward with her.

 

“This is the latest news by Kiss The Radio FM. I’m DJ Leeteuk together with DJ Eunhyuk.

Today, the CEO of Lee Company, Mr Lee Howon had stepped out and made a confession regarding the marriage rumor.  Many fans had left their comments after being touched by his confession.

Now, everyone was teamed up to help Mr Lee to search for his wife. So, if anyone noticed her, please called to the FM or send her directly to the broadcast station. Mr Lee is waiting for her there.”

“Okay, now we have received a call from an audience. Yes, anything can I help you?”

 

“Hello, Mr DJ. I’m Taejin from Seoul. Just now I watched the show with my sister and she told me that she will definitely marry to a good loyal man like Mr Lee. She said that she was envied of the lady and asked her to quickly appear to her husband. If not, she will take him away from her! So, Mrs Lee, where are you now? Please appear and we will be happy to see both of you together again!”

“Mrs Lee, I’m your junior Yoon baekhee! Please don’t let Mr Lee waits so long! Fighting!”

“Mrs Lee, I’m a farmer in a small rural village and I had heard the confession of your husband. He really love and care about you so please come back to his side! If you don’t, you will regret like me. Please protect your love!”

“Mrs Lee, I’m Girls’ Generation’s member Yuri. I called to the FM with the other members just to tell you that Mr Lee is indeed a good man! He really need you and please don’t leave him! His life would without you!” They said and started to sing “My life would without you”.

“Just like the lyrics that you heard, his life would be nothing without you, so please come back to him! Please! And SONE! Please help him to find for his wife! MUST!”

 

Heard the supporting words from everyone, Jieun cried in happiness. The old lady saw it and said, “Don’t worry, I will bring you there safely!”

However, everything doesn’t go smoothly as planned. The traffic was seriously jammed as everyone was gathered outside of the broadcast station just to watch this touching encounter by this pair of “ROMEO AND JULIET”.

“Miss, I think we are unable to drive there, so can you walk over there?” She asked before she took you by your hand and ran.

 

As everyone was stuck on the road due to the traffic jam, they listened to the radio while their eyes wandered around to search for the missing lady.

When they saw a beautiful lady ran across the bridge with an old lady besides her, they opened their eyes widely as they found the lady that they were looking for!

All of them rolled down their windows and shouted to Jieun, “Mrs Lee, you will be happy! Fighting!”

When Jieun tried her best to move around the road packed by the cars, some shop owners their speakers and asked everyone to move a little bit aside to ease her way to the station.

Understood that this traffic jam will never end before they met, the drivers left their cars on the road and ran together with Jieun, joined her on this love marathon.

Well, getting a ticket for parking the car on the road?

Haha..this won’t happen for today as the polices also joined in the marathon!

A beautiful lady ran with a group of people followed behind, from the range of young kid to old man. What a spectacular moment!

 

Finally, Jieun arrived in front of the station, but as the front was crowded by people, she was unable to pass through and walked into the building.

She began to panic and didn’t know what should be done.

Noticed her presence, a girl shouted to the crowd.

“Hey, Everyone please move! MRS LEE was here!”

Immediately, they moved to aside and let het to take her way in.

But before she was able to do so, she saw a familiar man walked toward her.

Moving closer and closer. A man that cried hardly and ran to her.

 

When Jieun’s familiar figure fell into his arms, he felt like he owns the whole world. At that moment, he felt like he had his everything.

 

 

“Jieun, please don’t leave me… Please don’t try to leave me again… Please don’t… I’ll get scared… I’m scared… I’m scared of any day without you…” He said and cried hardly.

“Yeobo, I’m sorry!” Jieun cried as she felt sorry to her husband.

“No, I should be thankful to you. Sorry for making you suffered so much! From now on, I, Lee Howon announced that he will never let go of this lady anymore! Kim Jieun, I love you!” He said and sealed a kiss on her.

The cameramen quickly took this rare moment while it was shown on the TV screen all over the world. Everyone who saw this happy ending, jumped and danced with joy at the streets, villages and even the prisoners in the jail!

 

By then, the happy moment was joined with a great news.

“Recently just hit its low, Lee Company managed to make a sharp rise by 100%! Oh! No! It’s 150% to the company’s stock in just a few minutes! It was indeed a miraculous thing that shocked the analysts as they had never seen a moment like this before! Well, maybe it’s the Howon’s effect! Anyways, congrats to the happy couple and let’s us wish them a happy life!”

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

This chapter took me 5 hours! T^T

 

The quotes for today:

 

Sometimes, the god never let you get whatever you wanted,

not because you're not suited to have it,

But you deserved something better!

 

Because I didn't know whether I will meet you again in the next era or not,

so I tried my best to give your my everything in this lifetime.

 

 

Kim Hoeun

2012.12.26

21:35