Ep 20 Blessed silence……

Precious presence in my life (Sequel of SHE just my baby’s MOTHER!)

 

Silently walked into the room, they saw the white fluid that hung above her, dripping slowly into her body, a drip by a drip. The paleness on her face was as white as a sheet of white paper; her weak body that was like a handful of sand, which may spill all over the ground with just a simple touch…

Seeing his wife lying weakly on the bed, a gleam of sadness crossed over his face. Slowly moved closer to the bed pace by pace, he watched her without a blink on his eyes. He just watched her silently, that silently…… This is the first time they being so silently, without anyone disturbing, without anything that will stop them from their conversation like last time. It was just a simple, silent moment that a man watched over his wife with guiltiness in his eyes.

 

Sitting beside her, he moved his hand slowly next to her. He was about to hold on her hand, but tremblingly took away his hand.

How am I supposed to hold her hand when I didn’t be a good husband that showed his responsibility to my wife? Howon paused his hand in the air and bowed down his head upsetly.

Looking at his daddy, Shinwoo went closer and sat on his daddy’s lap. He then took over his daddy’s hand together with his and placed it on top of Jieun’s hand.

 

“Daddy, even though you’re always busy and came home lately, Shinwoo and mommy never felt angry about it. Mommy always told Shinwoo how hardworking daddy is to earn money for Shinwoo to live a better life. Mommy would always tell me to sleep earlier and pushed me into the room while she waited daddy at the living room and fell asleep.

Every night, Shinwoo will also think of sleep earlier, but when Shinwoo observed the time passed from an hour to an hour, Shinwoo will just get himself out of the bed and waited daddy at the staircase.” Shinwoo said with a small smile on his face. Don’t know why, he always has this weird happy feeling when he saw his daddy came home safely.

 

“Shinwoo, do you know you might get a cold if you do so?” Howon asked gently as he worried about his son.

“I know, so I wrapped my blanket around and waited until daddy came back. Who called daddy always come home late and made Shinwoo very worry.” Shinwoo said and pretended he was angry by crossing his arms around his waist.

Looking at his son, Howon started to realize something.

Am I really this careless… so careless until I didn’t notice my son and my wife were waiting for me to reach home while I still mad at the employees on how bad their proposals were. They must be missing their families who waited patiently at home for their returns. So bad I just realized this…

 

Took his hand away from his wife, Howon placed his hand on Shinwoo’s head and caress it gently.

“Then, next time remember to wear a jacket if you stayed up late night.”

“Then, next time remember to come home earlier if you didn’t want Shinwoo to get a cold. Can’t you do it, daddy?” Shinwoo looked at his daddy with his innocent gaze.

“Ermm. Daddy promised to Shinwoo that daddy will never come home late anymore.” Said Howon and caressed his son’s face. Shinwoo embraced his daddy when he heard his promise. He hugged him tightly and felt the warmth in his dad’s arms. Soon, he felt the heaviness above his eyes and fell asleep with his daddy’s lullaby.

 

Jieun who felt the warmth from her hand, slowly get her consciousness and opened her eyes weakly. She looked at the hand that wrapped around her hand and smiled when she saw it was her husband. She saw Shinwoo slept in his arms peacefully while Howon embraced him tightly to prevent him from falling down to the floor. What’s a nice father-and-son moment that she had waiting for years…

She smiled happily as a feel of warmth and happiness came into her heart. How happy I am to have such a caring husband and an adorable son.

“Mom, are you watching me up from the sky? You must be happy to see your daughter to be so happy, right? Thank you for letting me to meet Howon and formed my own happy family. Please continue to watch over me and bring happiness to my family. Mommy, I miss you…” Jieun smiled to the sky through the glass window and shed a tear before she drifted off into a wonderful dream and met the familiar lady whom she longed to see from a long time ago…

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Quote of today from the author-nim:

 

- Don't smile because of the happiness you feel, But feel the happiness because of a smile, a truly smile that warmed your heart. -

- 不要因幸福而笑,要因笑而幸福 -

- Jangan senyum kerana bahagia, tetapi bahagia kerana senyuman yang menyentuhkan hati -

 

By Chloe Kim in 2009

 

 

P/S: The photo is the one I took with my colleague when we visited our first female patients after she gave birth to a premature baby... Her husband's hand and her hand.....

See you tonight! ^^

 

Kim Hoeun

2012.12.19

15:53