Ep 31 She’s gone…

Precious presence in my life (Sequel of SHE just my baby’s MOTHER!)

 

“Hyung! Big Trouble!” Secretary Kang rushed into the office and jumped in worry.

“Otteokke! Hyung, otteokke!” Minhyuk said.

“Stop! What happened?” Howon asked while trying to calm down his brother.

“Hyung, you still didn’t know about it! The news was now posted all over the world! Yet, you still didn’t know about it?” Minhyuk said and passed him his ipad.

 

FAMOUS FIGURE LEE HOWON MARRIED KIM JIEUN JUST BECAUSE OF THE PREGNANCY?!

A GREAT SHOCK TO THE PEOPLE!

He flipped another page and saw another shocking news.

Lee Company’s stocks fell nearly 50%, and hit its low at 12:09 PM. The analysts at the stock exchange fell into a state of confusion due to this unexpected situation. Is the Lee Company is coming to an end in his 3rd generation CEO, LEE HOWON’s hands?

 

Besides the news, there were also a lot of comments below it.

@OMG12345: OMG! I can’t believe this.

@@#$%: Oh, he was my idol! Can’t believe he do this to me!

@I’m handsome: Girls, that’s why don’t believe in man easily!

@YouStupidCow: No! He was not that type of person! I know my idol well!

@Youdontloveme: If you know him well, you’re already his wife! You stupid cow!

@Crazyinlove: Don’t judge a book by its cover! We still didn’t hear his confession yet!

@Ohohoh0h: Yeah, never said anything before the main lead told us the truth! But truth is always a lie to the people’s ear! So, this story tells us not to be a LIAR!

 

LIAR?!  

 

As soon as Howon saw this, he clenched his fists in anger and slammed it against the table.

“KANG MINHYUK! Find out the reporter and I will definitely give him a lesson!”

“But Hyung…” Minhyuk tried to persuade his hyung as he understood how protective he was to the one he loved. He will do everything to punish those who tried to hurt them.

“If you refused to do it, then don’t call me HYUNG anymore!” Howon said with a fierce gaze that held a warning behind it.

Knowing how frustrated his Hyung was, he just obeyed his order and quickly went out.

But before he went out, he heard a soft whisper, “Sorry… Minhyuk.”

A small smile was hung around his face as he realized his Hyung is still the one he knew since they were young, the innocent and protective one to the one he loved.

“Hyung, don’t worry. I will also not forgive that person! As the people he hurted was my family…” Minhyuk said and shut the door silently.

 

After Minhyuk’s leave, Howon dialled to Jieun’s number, but the voice of the lady he heard was just the operator that told him the number he called had switched off her phone. Howon dialled again, but this time is his house!

“Hello.” Misook picked up the phone.

“Ahjumma! Is Jieun there?” Howon asked worrily.

“Well, this morning she complained that she was not feeling well so I let her rest a while. Well, why do you ask so suddenly? Is there anything happens?” Misook asked as she could sense that something was not right through his shaking voice.

“Ahjumma, switch on the TV!” Even though Misook was surprised by his request, she still did as he requested. And a statement from the latest news caught her in shock.

“Howon, how can this…..” Misook stuttered. She couldn’t accept the fact that was shown on the TV screen.

“So, ahjumma, can you help me to see if Jieun is there? Please…” Howon said, trying hard to control his shaking voice.

Misook stood up from the spot and ran to Jieun’s room only to find that she was nowhere to be seen in the house.

“Howon……Howonnn….” Misook said with her voice shaking in fear.

“Jieun…. She’s gone…”

 

Startled to hear what he worried had become real, Howon dropped his phone and fell weakly onto the ground.

No, it can’t be! There’s no such thing to be happen in my life! No! NO!

 

He grabbed his car key and rushed to the places that they had been together before, but still didn’t see her or even her shadow!

He kicked the rubbish bin besides him and screamed in pain.

“Kim Jieun, where’re you?” He shouted, didn’t care how the passerby stared and thought about him.

 

By then, his phone rang and Howon answered it immediately.

“Yeobo!” Howon said, thinking it was his wife who called back after listened to the voice mail.

“Appa…”

“Shinwoo ah…” Howon called his son’s name when he heard his sobbing voice. Shinwoo…. Is crying?

“Appa, where are you? Shinwoo tried to call mommy but mommy didn’t answered Shinwoo’s call. Mommy never did this to Shinwoo before… Daddy, where are you? Shinwoo is very scared.” Shinwoo cried hardly.

“Shinwoo, where are you?”

“School…”

“Stay still and wait for me!”

He hung up the call and drove his way to the school.

 

When he arrived there, Shinwoo ran into his arms and cried hardly.

He didn’t say anything but just let himself cried as much as he could.

Affected by his emotion, a tear rolled down Howon’s face, tracing his handsome, sculpted jawline. Reaching the end of his chin, it fell and landed onto the shoulder of Shinwoo.

Shinwoo got out from his embrace and looked at his daddy. He put his hand closer, wiping away the tear stained on his face. Feeling the warmth from his tiny hand, Howon smiled bitterly at his son. Soon, both of them caressed each other and cried in their arms.

 

Cry, baby…. It will be alright then….

 

 

 

 

Kim Hoeun

2012.12.26

12:44