Ep 38 Is this the truth, daddy?

Precious presence in my life (Sequel of SHE just my baby’s MOTHER!)

 

Ding Dong!

The doorbell rang.

Jieun, who was watching her favourite running man’s member Kang Gary, stood up and prepared to go for it. But, she was pushed down by her hubby.

“Yeobo, sit down and I will go for it!” Howon her hair and prepared to go. But, he was stopped by his son, pressing him down on the couch.

“Daddy, sit down and I will go for it! Good boy!” Shinwoo said and ruffled his daddy’s hair playfully. He smiled in satisfaction with his ‘fan service’ and went to the front door. While Jieun smiled at Howon for his “handsome” hairstyle.

“Yah! Don’t smile! Yeobo~” Howon said to his wife weakly while his wife continued to smile at him.  He tried to fix his hair back to the normal.

“Look like someone also want to enjoy the special punishment of Shinwoo..” He said and began to “attack” his wife.

“Yah! It’s itchy! Hihi…stop! Yeobo! I’m sorry.. Hihi..” Jieun replied with her hands trying to stop his tickles.

 

On the other hands, Shinwoo opened the door, revealing a middle aged lady in front of him.

Shinwoo scanned her from the head to toe before he greeted her politely.

‘Anyonghasaeyo! I’m Lee Shinwoo. May I help you?” Shinwoo stood straightly and placed his hand mannerly.

The lady greeted at him while trying to search for the one she was looking for with a glance.

“Is Kim Jieun here?” She spoke out her intention.

Heard his mommy’s name from , he felt something was not right. He called his daddy at which Howon had to stop from tickling his wife.

“Well, I forgive you because we have a guest! Continue it tonight!” Howon said and went to help his son.

 

“Who is it?” Howon asked when he came by the door. He saw the lady and greeted her with well manner. He looked at her but couldn’t remember where he had seen her before.

“I’m sorry, but you seemed familiar. May I know who you are?”

“I’m Mr Jang Siwon’s wife.” She said, leaving Howon in surprise.

Jieun’s daddy’s wife?!  Why did she come to our house? Anything happens?

Anyways, I should invite her in first.

“Come in. Jieun is inside the house.” He said and signalled Shinwoo to bring her in.

 

“Mommy, someone is looking for you.” She turned around when she heard her son’s voice.

At the moment she saw her, she froze at there, lost for words. Her mind was totally blank as she saw this lady. The one she saw with her dad in their own house 6 years ago. The lady that took away her father…

 

Feel the awkward atmosphere, Howon walked next to her and signalled her to say something. She focused back to her guest and asked her to take a seat.

The two of them didn’t say anything and Shinwoo was watching them with his daddy from a corner. Jieun closed her eyes and calm down herself for a few seconds before she broke the silence.

“Aunty, long time no see.” She said.

“Ermm, long time no see.” She replied.

“How are you recently?”

‘Fine, thank you. How’s about you?” She said and pointed to her tummy.

Sensed that she was talking about her baby, Jieun smiled and answered, “Well, the morning sickness is getting less now and I’m feeling better too.”

“Well, that’s great.” She smiled in relief.

“Then…how’s my father?” Jieun asked with her head slightly bend down. Don’t know why, she felt a weird and uncomfortable feeling passed through her body, whenever she said the word FATHER. The word that she had never have a chance to say it….

 

On the other hands, Mrs Jang was in silence upon hearing Jieun’s question. She bent her head down and just smiled bitterly, with some tears flashed in her eyes.

“Jieun ah…” She said and pleaded Jieun with her knees on the floor.

“Jieun ah… Please help me! Please help me!” She cried with her tears stained on her face. Jieun was surprised by her and quickly pulled her to a seat.

“What’s happen? Is there something wrong? To my father?” She asked the question she afraid the most even though she was hoping this is not the answer. The one she would like to deny.

 

Looking into Jieun’s eyes, she sobbed and finally let go of the secret that she had hold for 6 years. For her husband. For Jieun.

“Your father didn’t accept you as his daughter not because of me, but….but…” Her voice was shaking tremblingly and became weaker and weaker…

“but he was going to die soon…” She cried.

 

Upon hearing the words that escaped from , Jieun lost her strength and fell on the couch as she was too shocked by the sudden news. Howon and Shinwoo rushed to her side when they saw her was about to faint.

“Yeobo, are you alright?” Howon asked but get no response from her.

 

“What do you mean by he was going to die? Tell me!” She begged, trying to figure out the truth, the secret that her father hid from her.

“Siwon did try to find for you after knowing you were still alive in the world. We tried our best to search for you and prepared to acknowledge you as our daughter once we found you.

Unfortunately, just before we can encounter each other in a happy ending, Siwon… was diagnosed with brain cancer… He was sad and cried in pain after he knew it.

He told me to keep this as a secret to you as he didn’t want you to feel the lost of family again. He didn’t want to see you cry… that’s why he acted like he was unable to accept you because of me….” Mrs Jang cried hardly.

 

Jieun froze at the spot she was sitting. She couldn’t breathe properly and her mind was blank.

It couldn’t be… So this is the truth, right?

The truth you tried to hid from me?

Daddy, tell me!

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Quote of today: 

 

Telling the truth and make someone cry is better than telling a lie and make someone smile

 

 

 

Kim Hoeun

2012.12.28

18:35