Ep 19 What a “wonderful” day!

Precious presence in my life (Sequel of SHE just my baby’s MOTHER!)

 

Howon and Shinwoo were still waiting at the hallway with the accompany of Minhyuk and Minhee. About 15 minutes later, the red light of the emergency room was then turned off while the opened door revealing the doctor who attended Jieun’s condition.

They quickly stood up from the bench and walked closer to the doctor.

 

“ Doctor, I’m her husband. How’s my wife?” Howon asked.

He watched closer at the doctor’s face and was totally uncertain at where he had seen her before.

Feeling rude of not answering the patient’s husband “face-to-face”, the doctor then pulled down her mask and revealed her true identity.

“Dr Shin?!”

“Sorry, do I know you?” Said the doctor as she looked at him with a frowned look.

“6 years ago, my wife and I always go to checkup for our baby…”

“Oh, you’re the husband who always came up lately, right?”

Feeling embarrassed, Howon smiled awkwardly and replied a YES.

 

“So, how’s my wife?”

“Don’t worry, she’s out of danger now. But, Mr LEE!” the doctor yelled.

“Y…yesss……” Howon stood still as he was shocked to see a sudden transform of a gentle lady to a bad temper lady.

“Didn’t I tell you 6 years ago, not to trigger her emotion and let her rest more! And, how can she didn’t take enough nutrients that I had advised to you last time? Don’t you know that her body is so weak that it will be hard for her to support the baby?” The doctor spoke like a machine gun and not letting Howon to have a chance to say.

Howon bowed to the doctor and apologized sincerely.

“I’m sorry for not concerning about her health. Start from now, I will learn to be a good husband and will totally make sure that she took enough rest and nutrients. And, I will also make sure that everything is alright so that her body will not be too weak to support my baby…” said Howon and gave an exactly 90 degree bow.

But, at the same moment he bowed to the doctor, Howon sensed that something was wrong!

He flashed back to the words that the doctor said to him and his eyes were immediately opened widely as if they were about to drop out!

 

Bbbaa..baa…bb..bbyyyyyy!

“Doc..docc…doc.. doc… doocttooorr… do you mean….”

“Yes. You are going to be a father again!” The doctor nodded her head.

“YahOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Howon shouted in joy and grabbed the doctor and thanked her gratefully.

“Thank you, doctor! Thank you, my baby’s lifesaver!”

 

Then Howon continued his celebration dance with Minhyuk while Minhee watched at them with disbelief look.

“Is this the men that I saw just now? Didn’t they cry like hell as if they’re having incurable diseases? But, why just in a moment, they’re back to their… I mean “normal” side…”

Shinwoo looked at his teacher and gave her a reply.

“Well, I guess this is the power of Doctor’s word!”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, you can see how happy they are after the doctor just told them a few words! Wow! Seem like Uncle Minhyuk’s dearest friend will have a rival soon.”

“Rival?”

“Doctor.”

“Why?”

“Because the doctor’s word is as powerful as the god’s word! Look like I gonna work hard and be a doctor too so that I can control over my daddy! HIHIHI!”

 

While on the other hand, Howon and Minhyuk still hugged each other and spinned around like a new couple who successfully done a marriage proposal!

“Minhyuk ah, I will be a father again!”

“Yeah, I will also be an uncle again! Yoohoo!”

Both of them were delighted by the great news of Jieun’s new upcoming baby.

 

“Oh! Look like I need to tell grandma and Misook ahjumma about it!” said Howon and dialled his phone.

Grandma and Misook who is busy learning Hawaiian dance, picked up the call angrily and yelled, “Yah, you little thing! Why are you calling me? Didn’t I tell you I’m having honeymoon break with Misook! We’re trying to learn the hula dance now! So, stop disturbing me to seduce a handsome young guy!” Grandma yelled and hung up the call, left Howon in shock.

“Ooh! Is she crazy?! How can she hang up my call when I’m trying to tell her such a great news! Yah, Mdm Lee Jeon Miyoung! Yah! Pick up your phone and answer my call!” Howon yelled at his “pitiful” phone like a mental disorder patient while Minhyuk tried to hold on his hyung.

 

After calming down his mind, Howon called his grandma again.

Grandma glanced at the screen and saw her grandson’s name was displayed on it. To give him a lesson, she decided to do something about it.

“Yah! Mdm Lee Jeon Miyoung!”

Aloha kakahiaka! (Good morning!) Kolohe! (Troublemaker/Rascal) 'O wai kou inoa? (What's your name?)” Grandma pretended herself as a native there and tried her best to fool her grandson.

“Huh?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You……you… who are you!” Howon tried to speak English as he couldn’t understand what “she” said.

“Piha ko'u opu! (I'm full!) E hele mai 'ai (Come eat.) Mai poina! (Don't forget!)”

“Hah?!! Hello~! You… who.. who.. who are you? Heh? Speaking!” Howon yelled in a less confidence English.

Aloha Aku No, Aloha Mai No! (I give my love to you, you give your love to me!)”

“Sorry… Wrong number!” Howon said and ended the call.

 

Looking at his hyung’s weird expression, Minhyuk felt curious and asked.

“Hyung, what’s going on?”

“I called grandma but it was a foreigner who answered the call.” Howon said and gulped nervously.

 

Oh? Foreigner? Minhyuk felt suspicious about it.

No, grandma will never leave her phone to someone else. It must be grandma’s prank!

“Hyung! Pass me your phone!”

“Oh, here you are! What are you going to do?”

“Well, help hyung to take a revenge! HIHI!”

 

On the other hand, Grandma heard her phone ring and picked up again after seeing the name on the screen.

Aloha kakahiaka! (Good morning!) 'O wai kou inoa? (What's your name?)

“O Nani keiki kane koʻu inoa! (My name is Beautiful Boy!)” Minhyuk said seductively.

“Hoo~! Pupule? (Crazy?)” Grandma shouted.

Aloha Au Ia ʻOe! (I Love you!)” Minhyuk continued to joke around.

“Ooh?!”

E male ana 'oe ia'u? (Will you marry me?)”

“Yah! Who are you? Are you crazy?!” Grandma who couldn’t bear it anymore, shouted at Minhyuk in Korean.

Minhyuk who heard her speaks in Korean, laughing hardly as his grandma is easily being fool like Howon, who always being fooled by Shinwoo! Like grandma, like grandson!

“No, the one who’s crazy is grandma!” Minhyuk said in a “serious” tone.

“Minhyuk?!”

“Grandma, how can you fool hyung like this?”

“Hoh! Who called him disturb me from hunting a new grandpa for him!”

“Oh, grandpa? So, when will we attend the wedding ceremony?”

“Soon! Hahaha” Grandma kept on joking around.

“But, Minhyuk. How do you know how to speak Hawaiian?”

“Well, Minhyuk wants to dance hula dance with y Hawaiian lady.. shooh! This is our secret, don’t tell hyung, okay?”

“Oh, okay… wait me for a while. Don’t hang up.”

“Oh…”

 

While Minhyuk was still waiting for grandma’s reply, Shinwoo’s phone rang.

“Hello.”

“Shinwoo ah, Minhyuk wants me to tell you that he wants to dance hula dance with y Hawaiian lady! Any recommendation for him?” Grandma shouted loudly that everyone around Shinwoo can definitely heard it!

“Yah! Grandma! How can you tell him?”

“Well, you only say cannot tell Howon, but didn’t say cannot tell Shinwoo.”

“Ooh!” Minhyuk knocked his head frustratedly on the wall. He continued to increase the intensity as he started to knock his head on the wall rapidly and strongly. Minhee saw it and quickly pulled him away from the wall and said, “Don’t hurt yourself! People will worry.”

“Who will worry me? My hyung and Shinwoo will just clap their hands and laughed hardly in their heart!”

“NO!” Minhee spoke out her mind, gaining the attention of Minhyuk.

“You said there’s someone who worried about me. Who is she?”

‘Well… There’s someone….” Minhee said and refused to tell him the answer.

 

Shinwoo who stood beside them, continued his conversation with his great grandmother.

“Great grandmother, look like uncle already found his y lady in Korea.”

“Aiyooo… Minhyuk, you’re a naughty boy! Well, Shinwoo. Why did you all call me suddenly? Anything happened?”

“Great grandmother, mommy… she was sent into the hospital…”

“What?! How was her? Why did she’s in hospital? Anything wrong? Did she injure herself? Or someone tried to attack her? How can this happen?” Grandma began to cry in worry.

“Great grandmother, please calm down and prepare your heart and mind to listen carefully to Shinwoo’s word….” Shinwoo said seriously.

What?! Calm down? Prepare my heart and mind? Listen carefully?!

Did Jieun.. she… she… NO! It can’t be…. No! God! How dare you take away my granddaughter-in-law when I’m not there! Are you wanting a fight from me? Come down, you old folk!

Hearing no response from his great grandmother, Shinwoo thought that she might have prepared herself.

“Great grandmother, mommy is having a baby in her tummy! I’m going to be a brother soon!”

 

Upon hearing the news, grandma cried again, but this time, tears of joy came from her eyes.

“Oh, old folk! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for listen to my word! Let’s not fight from now on!” Grandma shouted in joy until she forgot the one who received the call is Shinwoo, not the GOD.

“Great grandmother, who is old folk?”

“Hah? Well, your great grandmother is learning Hawaiian.. haha” Grandma smiled nervously.

“Is it? Why did it sound like Korean?”

“Well… great grandmother also don’t know… Okay, great grandmother is sleepy, so bye!” She said and hung up the call.

Shinwoo winked his eyes as he was surprised by his great grandmother’s word.

Sleepy? But, isn’t now in Hawaii, it’s still early morning??

 

“Yes!! I’m going to be a father soon. What should I do? What should I do?”

“Appa, no matter how happy you are right now, you will never feel the same way anymore after the baby is around my age.”

“Why?”

“Because he will be appa and Shinwoo’s rival.”

“Rival?”

“The baby will have the most attention from mommy. I’m the second and appa ranked the last one.”

“NOOOOOOOOOOOO!” Howon cried frustratedly.

“Why did you tell me, you little thing! Now, what should I do? Should I happy or cry? Ah! What should I do?” He said and crashed his head onto the wall, making a small “earthquake” to the wall.

 

On the other hand, Minhyuk laughed at his brother when he saw his brother’s funny side.

“Ah haha! Hyung, why did you cry? You should be happy as you are going to have a child who gonna take away sister-in-law’s love from you!”

“Uncle... You shouldn’t laugh at my daddy. You’re neither better than him.”

“What?”

“Uncle, still remember in the car, you prayed to the god to plead him to save my mommy.”

“Yes, why?”

“Well, uncle, don’t you feel a bit waste, for using up your last wish while my mommy is okay and just having mini Shinwoo?”

 

Hearing Shinwoo’s word, Minhyuk fell himself on the ground and knocked his head again on the ground.

“Ah! Kang Minhyuk! You’re such a fool! How can you waste your precious last birthday wish so easily…. Ah!!!!”

Seeing his uncle crying so hard, he then asked him for his last wish.

“What’s your last wish?”

Thought that Minhee already left, Minhyuk continued to cry and knocked his head to the wall.

“I actually want the god to be my cupid and shoot an arrow on Minhee sshi… BUT the wish is gone! Whaaa~” said Minhyuk and cried hilariously.

Shinwoo who heard it, leave the place for both of them.

Well, Uncle. Shinwoo already helped you to pass your confession to the teacher! So, next thing you need to do it for yourself. Fighting!

 

While Minhyuk was still crying hardly, someone held on his shoulder and turned him around. Without realize who she is, he felt something soft touched on his lips.

Ah?! Minhee sshi!!

 

Being watched by Minhyuk, Minhee tried to get away from Minhyuk. However, Minhyuk wrapped his hands around her waist and pushed her back to him, kissing onto her nose.

“So, can you tell me who’s the someone you said just now?”

“Well, the one... Right in front of you…” Minhee said shyly.

Minhyuk was delighted by her confession and hugged her tightly into his arms.

“So, what’s our relationship now?”

“You’re Shinwoo’s uncle and I’m Shinwoo’s teacher...”

“Ooh?” Minhyuk released her from his arms and looked at her frustratedly with a pout.

Minhee smiled at him before she interlaced their hands together and went into Jieun’s room.

 

“You’re Shinwoo’s teacher’s boyfriend and I’m Shinwoo’s uncle’s girlfriend……”

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Haha.. I love this update! Even though I'm the author for this! xD

Laughing crazily when trying to write the Hawaiian conversation...

Maybe it's only a little but it took me about 2-3 hours to learn the Hawaiian language...

So, sorry if I made mistakes.... I never received lessons for this language... T^T

Yoohoo! 2Min shippers, like it or not? xD

 

 E honi mai ia'u! Haha...it's a phrase I learnt just now... figure it out yourself! Join me in my dream! xD

 

Kim Hoeun

2012.12.18

20:28