The truth

I want to marry you… (WGM)

 

Recording Studio

Jiyoon POV:

‘And here is a large group’ one of the MCs said.

‘Really?’ the other replied faking surprise.

‘Yes, really really long, like the universe’

‘Like the universe? You mean is Inf-?’

‘Yes’

‘Here is Inf-Inf-Inf-Infinite!’ both MCs said altering the “Inf” and then saying “Infinite” at unison showing with their hands the swivel platform.

I didn’t wanted to look at them when they entered so I simply put my eyes in the empty space and clapped mechanically. One of the cameras focused me but I ignored it. I saw the monitors and after me, showed Soyu. She was looking at them but serious, almost frowning.

The MCs started to talk to them and then, as I imagined the MCs mentioned the thing Sungkyu did with Soyu and me. I still didn’t wanted to look at them but Gayoon patted my leg.

‘You can’t be spacing out the entire program’ she told me in an authority tone.

I cursed inside my head but I knew she was right, so I nodded and turned my attention to the MCs.

‘Sungkyu, you won the title of “player” after a particular thing you manage to copy exactly the same with two girls of two different groups that casually are present here today’ one of the MCs said moving his hand giving the cue to play the video in the monitors.

Images of the day Sungkyu sang to me and in parallel images of him singing to Soyu appeared on the screens. I felt a knot in my stomach. The same feelings I felt the day I saw “Children of the Night” appeared inside me again. I cursed to my insides.

One of the cameras focused Sungkyu and two more focused me and Soyu. I saw my expression on the monitors. I didn’t know my face showed my inside pain so well. Soyu on the other hand was unreadable. I was sure she was up to something, I know her well, we spend a lot of time together as trainees, so I could tell when she was planning something. I had to figure out what was it before was too late. And Sungkyu just low his head and looked at the floor.

‘Pff… like he has shamed…’I said inside my head.

‘What do you have to say in your defense?’ one of the MCs asked Sungkyu when the video ended.

Sungkyu remained in silence.

‘Don’t you have anything to say about it? So it’s true you’re a player?’ the MC insisted.

‘NO!’ exclaimed Sungkyu shaking his hands in reject of what the MC said.

‘Then what?’

‘…I… That is not what it looks like’ he said.

‘What do you mean by that? We all saw you singing the same confessing song to Jiyoon and then to Soyu, is that not what it looks like?’ the MCs addressed in a teasing voice.

‘No, I mean, Soyu is a close friend so I thought it would be nice to sing something to her’

That comment really pissed me off so I sighed furious and rolled my eyes. Gayoon patted my leg again.

‘The camera took that, put yourself together please’ warned my friend. I remained silent and tried to breathe and count to ten.

‘Sungkyu-oppa, don’t you know any other song?’ shouted Soyu from the other side of the room. Everybody laughed. I smiled. She evidently saw my reaction at his comment so she wanted to make me feel better.

‘Sungkyu, don’t you know any other song?’ the MCs repeated the question Soyu did.

Sungkyu shyly said that not by that time. Everybody laughed again and the MCs dropped the subject there to give start at the games.

‘Ok, before we start to play, one girl of each group will have to choose between these six handsome men to be the group partner’ the MC said indicating the boys to take places in the chairs. (A/N: I know Infinite have seven members, is just that I decided that that specific day Hoya didn’t go).

‘Great…’I thought angrily.

‘Sungkyu’ one of the MCs started. ‘Do you expect Jiyoon or Soyu come for you?’

I smiled sarcastic at the question. ‘Yeah, right, like that is gonna happen’

The camera took my smile and Sungkyu looked at the monitors in that moment.

‘No, I don’t think so’ I heard him saying and showing a sad face.

‘You got that right, honey’I thought smiling again.

‘Oh, you think the girls are angry with you’ the MC said teasing Sungkyu. He nodded still sad.

‘Well, let’s see what happen’ the other MC said. ‘Are you ready girls?’

‘Yes’ all the girls shouted at unison. I remained silent.

‘Guys, close your eyes’ said the MC.

I started to think which member to choose when I felt Hyuna touching my leg. I turned my attention to her.

‘Soyu-unnie is calling you’ she said and I looked at Soyu’s direction in the other side of the room.

She was waving her hands trying to tell me something. She started to do mimic indicating she and me should choose Sungkyu.

‘No way’I thought and shook my head in rejection. She insisted and I shook my head again, but then she put her hands together in a begging way.

‘You should do it and find out what is she up to’ I heard Gayoon telling me. I looked at her surprised.

‘Are you serious?’ she nodded.

I looked at Soyu and she articulate “Please” with . I hesitated but eventually sighed defeated and nodded indicating her I was going to do as she tells me. She celebrated.

‘Girls, at the count of three. One, two… three!’ the MCs said and I stood up.

‘Why do I have the feeling that I’m gonna regret have done this’I thought while I was walking to look for Sungkyu’s back.

When I get there, Soyu was already there. She smiled at me brightly. I tried to smile too but I failed.

‘I don’t like this…’

When the MCs saw Soyu and me behind Sungkyu, freaked out in silence and so did the audience and some girls around us.

The MCs indicated each boy to open their eyes and find out which girl had picked them, and each one of them freaked out at the view of Soyu and me behind Sungkyu. I smiled at the silliness of the members of Infinte. Finally the turn of Sungkyu had come.

‘Sungkyu, who do you think choose you?’ the MC asked.

‘I don’t know, maybe one of the members of Rainbow or Secret’ he said pretty convinced of his words.

The camera focused us and we both smiled mischievous. ‘Since I’m here, let’s follow the game’

‘Ok Sungkyu, open your eyes and turn around in one, two… three’

He stood up and turned around to face us.

End POV:

 

Sungkyu POV:

My heart stopped beating when I saw who picked me. I felt that my blood abandoned my face. ‘What are they doing behind me?’

I paralyzed, I didn’t know what to do or what to think of this situation.

They bowed at me and I did too mechanically. Immediately I turned my back and sat down again hoping the MCs didn’t see my fear.

‘Sungkyu, you look pale, are you ok?’ one of the MC teased me. I shook my head energetic. Everybody laughed.

‘It looks like your ultimate nightmare come true’ the other MC said and I smiled afraid.

‘Well Sungkyu, seems like the girls want to know your true feelings. You’ll have to choose between them’

‘What the hell am I gonna do now?’

‘Girls, Sungkyu, please come to the center’ ordered the MCs. We did what he said.

I was too afraid to look at Jiyoon so I looked at Soyu instead. She gave me a mischievous smile.

‘OMG, she did this!’I screamed in my head getting more afraid than before. When Soyu is up to something, nothing good could get out of it.

‘Sungkyu, the decisive moment arrived. Are you ready to choose?’ I was caught off guard so it took me a couple of seconds to process what the MC said.

‘Seemed like you are not ready’ I agreed with the MC by nodding at this statement.

‘Well, that’s what you get for play with the women’ said the MC and I felt insulted but decided to remain silent.

‘Girls, you want to show any of your charms so Sungkyu choose you?’ MCs asked.

‘No’ I heard Jiyoon saying coolly. I got surprised by the sound of her voice and turned my attention to her. She glared me serious.

‘She hates me…’I thought feeling sad looking at the floor.

‘I agree with Jiyoon-nie. We don’t need to show him anything, he’ll have to choose between us like this’ said Soyu pretending to be mad, but I know her too well, I’m sure she’s laughing inside.

‘The hell is she up to?’

‘Ok Sungkyu, you have plenty of time to think who to choose. Ready? One…’

‘Oh God, what am I gonna do?’

‘Two…’

I panicked so I looked at Jiyoon, she was impassive with her eyes closed. No movement, nothing. I looked at Soyu and she was moving her fingers. ‘What is she trying to say me?’

‘Three!’

I felt my head exploding that second. There was no way I was going to choose Soyu, she was up to something and I didn’t want to participate in it.

I moved away from Soyu and softly touched Jiyoon’s arm. She opened her eyes and looked at me surprised. I smiled at her.

‘She’s so pretty’I thought when I saw her smiling too.

‘WAA!!’ everybody started to scream.

I looked at Soyu and she was smiling too. ‘Why is she smiling?’

When everyone calmed down the MCs started to tease me again. ‘Oh, so the true feelings of Sungkyu are these’

‘I knew he was going to choose her’ Soyu said out of nowhere.

‘What?’ everybody asked interested, including Jiyoon and me.

‘Yes, I knew even before him that he will choose Jiyoon-nie’ she said.

‘How?’ wanted to know the MCs.

‘Well, you know Sungkyu-oppa and I are close friends, so one day he confessed me that the girl he really likes was Jiyoon-nie’

I opened my eyes in surprise. ‘What?’

All the people in the studio started to scream again. I was in shock. I looked at Jiyoon and she was in shock too.

‘That’s true!’ shouted Woohyun smiling all innocent. ‘I know that smile’

Everyone stop the freak out and paid attention to what Woohyun wanted to say.

‘Sometimes the members gathered together to watch some TV…’ my friend started but I interrupted him.

‘Yah! Don’t go any further’ I warned him. The MCs laughed.

‘Let him continue’ they say. I started to suffer. I know what he was going to say and couldn’t stop to cover my face all ashamed.

‘Well, we started to follow 4minute’s reality show, Mr. Teacher…’ he continued.

‘I knew it’I thought letting myself fall onto the floor.

‘…and every five words that came out of Sungkyu’s mouth whenever we’re watching the program is “Oh, Jiyoon is so pretty”, “Oh, she so smart”, “she’s so funny”, “she’s so cute”’ finished Woohyun.

The girls in the room let go a little scream.

‘Hey, that’s not true!’ I declared standing up the floor.

‘You’re right, is not every five words, is every three’ said Seungyeol.

 ‘Yah’ I heard Jiyoon’s little scream. All the people laughed. I hid my face on my hands again.

‘OMO! Sungkyu! Is that true?’ one of the MCs asked me trying to uncover my face. I wanted to kill Soyu and Woohyun for this. The MC repeated the question.

‘What is this, my friends are complotting against me?’ I said trying to avoid the question. They laughed and Soyu high fived with Woohyun.

‘Hey, don’t try to avoid the question. Answer us’ the MC insisted.

I hesitated and nervously looked at Jiyoon that was standing by my side. She was looking at me with questioning eyes.

I tried to look for help in the rest of the Infinite members but neither gave signs of wanted to help me. I sighed.

‘With this friends who needs enemies…?’ I said in a low voice. Jiyoon heard me and with the corner of my eye I could saw her nodding.

‘So?’ the MC asked impatient.

I took a deep breath and covered my face again nodding shyly.

Again the whole studio freaked out.

‘Yah!’ I heard Jiyoon again. I smiled inside my hands.

‘She’s so cute when she’s ashamed…’

‘Jiyoon, what do you think of this?’ the MCs asked Jiyoon. I uncovered my face and looked at her. She clearly panicked.

‘Did you expect that Sungkyu would choose you over Soyu or that he feels that way towards you?’ she shook her head ashamed and covered her face letting go a little scream.

‘Were you angry with him before?’ wanted to know the MC.

‘Yes’ she answered immediately.

‘Are you angry with him now?’

She hesitated. ‘No’ she replied. I smiled without noticing.

‘Oh, Sungkyu is happy now’ the camera took the moment I smiled.

‘What do you think of him?’ asked one of the MCs. I wanted to know too so I looked at her expectant.

She complained. ‘I don’t know, everything was too sudden’

Everyone laughed.

‘Ok, ok, let’s drop this now’ the MCs said. ‘Couples, please go to your seats’

We obeyed and went to take our seats, but when Jiyoon and I turned around, we saw that 4minute had changed their seats. Normally Jihyun, Sohyun and Hyuna are in the lower seat but now, the three girls were on the upper seat and Gayoon was on the lower waiting for us.

‘What the hell…?’ I heard Jiyoon saying. I smiled at the master minds 4minute girls were.

We took our sits and waited for the games to start.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello guys! I'm full of inspiration today so I wrote the second chapter.

Did you like it? Please, let me know.

Comments or anything is welcome

Have a nice afternoon.