Too much skinship?

I want to marry you… (WGM)

 

Hey guys~ I'm here to spoil you a bit just because I left you waiting too long the last time :) Enjoy~~

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sungkyu POV

After we said goodbye to Khuntoria, we went directly to the apartment. Jiyoon seemed so tired that I felt guilty that I insisted to go swimming…

‘Yeobo~’ I called her softly reaching for her hand. She was walking a bit ahead of me.

‘Um?’ she turned her head and asked me with those sparkling eyes.

‘Piggyback?’ I asked turning my back a little so she could understand. ‘You look tired…’

‘I am…’ she said sighing.

‘I’m sorry~’ I apologized. ‘Let me make it up to you’

I took he hand and while I turned my back, I put her hand on my shoulder. She immediately put her other hand on my other shoulder and wrapped her arms around my neck while I held her legs and lifted her without effort from the floor.

‘She lost weight…’ I thought immediately I lifted her.

‘Yeobo…you lost weight…’ I said rather preoccupied. She didn’t reply, she simply leaned her head on my right shoulder and stayed there…

I tried to look up to her but I couldn’t, so I looked at one of the cameramen and he turned the little screen for me to look at her. She had fallen asleep…

She looks so pretty…’ I thought looking at the screen with a smile. I held her legs firmly and made my way to the apartment.

When I got there, I leaned her softly on the bed…

‘We’re here…?’ she asked in a sleepy voice unwrapping her arms.

‘Yeah’ I said as I turned to face her. She smiled and leaned her head on the pillow.

I caressed her hair a bit, and when she closed her eyes, I put a blanket on her and leave the room.

♫~Let’s have a heart to heart to heart…talk!~♫

I heard 4minute’s song ringing in the living room. I went quickly and searched for the origin of the sound. I saw Jiyoon’s bag and I knew it was Jiyoon’s phone ringing. I didn’t want to pick up, but what if it was her manager?

‘Ugh…’

‘Yoboseyo?’ I answered without looking at the ID of the person calling.

There was silence and then a woman’s voice sounded. ‘Err…who is this?’

I recognized it immediately. ‘Gayoon-ah?’

‘Neh’

‘Hi Gayoon-ah, this is Sungkyu’ I said cheerily.

‘Oh- Oppa! …Hey, why are you answering Jiyoonie’s phone?’ she asked in her usual teasing tone. I smiled and then, glanced at the cameramen that were giggling.

‘She’s asleep right now’ I said leaning my head back.

‘…umm…’

She was expecting more info, so I quickly explained. ‘We went swimming with Khuntoria this morning, but she was feeling tired so she fell asleep once we get here to the apartment…’

‘Oh…I see…Can you tell her to call me when she wakes up please?’

‘Sure’ I nodded.

‘Oppa, take care of her, ok?’ she said this in a neutral voice but I took it as a threat…

‘I always do’ I said almost furrowing my eyebrows.

She giggled. ‘Ok, bye’

‘Bye’

I hanged up and stared at the screen. I looked at the notification bar and saw that she had one missed call, a message unread and a mention in twitter. I had the temptation to see who wrote her…

‘No!’ I thought and blocked the phone quickly. I put it back on her bag and searched for mine.

I took my bag to the room and made myself busy until I heard Jiyoon’s husky voice coming from behind me…

‘Oppa…’

I turned around and saw her sleepy face. I smiled immediately.

‘Did I sleep too much?’ she asked worried. She glanced at the cameras.

I looked at my watch. It was half an hour since she fell asleep. ‘Not really, don’t worry’ I said walking towards her.

‘Are you hungry?’ she asked heading to the kitchen. I knew she was hungry.

‘Are you?’ I asked walking behind her. She nodded and looked back at me with a strange smile.

‘Will you prepare something for me?’ she asked me with puppy eyes.

I melted with that look…

‘I’ll bring down the moon for you…’ I thought in a flash before nodding to her request.

‘What do you want me to do?’ I asked almost too soft.

‘How about a big sandwich’ she grinned.

I chuckled. ‘Fine, I’ll do two big sandwiches, one for you and one for me’

‘YAY!’ She made a little dance.

‘She’s so cute’ I thought fighting the urge to hug her.

‘Oppa, aren’t you tired?’ she asked me with smiling eyes.

‘A bit’ I replied taking out the bread to make the sandwiches.

‘Are you going to bed early tonight?’

‘Only if you go early too’

She smirked evilly but didn’t reply.

‘Oh, I almost forgot, Gayoon-ah called’ I said distracted.

‘She called?’ she asked a bit surprised, but then, she furrowed her eyebrows. ‘Did she call you?’

‘No’ I said shaking my head furiously. ‘She called you’

‘What?’

‘You were sleeping and I didn’t want to wake you up so I picked up…’ I said hastily trying to explain myself. She changed her facial expression. It turned serious and cold. ‘I was afraid that maybe it was your manager and that it was something urgent so…’

She stared at me with cold eyes. ‘I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I won’t do it again, I swear’

She didn’t say anything; she simply looked away and went to the living room. I followed her.

‘Yeobo, yeobo, wait, I’m sorry’ I said trying to catch up with her. She walked fast and looked inside her bag for her phone. She took it and unblocked it.

‘I didn’t see anything, I simply picked up the call’

She tapped on her phone a without even looking at me.

‘Hey…I apologized, why don’t you look at me at least?’

She moved her eyes from her phone to me… I wished she didn’t…

‘Don’t do it again’ she said in a cold voice. I gulped, but at the same time, I got a little suspicious.

‘I won’t’ I said also in a cold voice. ‘But why are you so angry? You have something in your phone that I should know about?’

‘No’ she replied still in that cold tone. ‘But it’s my phone, that’s my private stuff, so, if you don’t want me picking up your phone calls too, then don’t do it again’

‘I won’t’ I said dropping my failed attempt to flip cards…

I retreated myself to the kitchen to start making the sandwiches…

End POV

---

Jiyoon Personal Interview

Jiyoon: I don’t have anything to hide, but I don’t like people looking into my phone…

---

Jiyoon POV

When I saw him going to the kitchen with his head low and almost dragging his feet, I felt bad… I didn’t mean to be rude, I just didn’t like him picking up my calls and looking in my phone…

I opened my mouth but nothing came out… I sighed and followed him to the kitchen.

‘Let me help you with the sandwich…’ I said low enough for him to not listen, but he did. He immediately turned his head to me and after a second of strange staring, he nodded.

I started to chop a tomato…

‘I should apologize for being so rude…’ I thought slicing the fruit in my hand.

We were in silence…an awkward silence…

I left the knife on the table and turned to look at him. He was slicing the bread with a serious face.

I passed my arms under his arms and around his waist. He got surprised so he moved a bit when he felt me.

‘I have nothing to hide…’ I said against his back. He stood still.

‘I’m sorry to pick up without your permission…’

He left the bread and the knife on the table and turned his body to face me. I was still hugging him by the waist.

We were really close… His face was inches away from mine when I saw him getting closer…!

I got embarrassed so I looked away ducking his kiss. He put a kiss on my cheek instead…

‘I think we should sleep early tonight…’ he said almost in a whisper. I surprised myself still hugging him so I let go immediately and nodded awkwardly before turning my back and going back to the tomato.

After that, we finished our sandwiches and eat them silently… We exchanged few words but our “dinner” was spent mostly in silence…

PD-nim got bored without our non-existing dialog so he asked the cameras to stop rolling and sat to talk to us.

‘Guys…I need more talking, this is a variety show, so, we’re going to stop the recording for today, but tomorrow, I need you to make peace and start talking again, ok?’

We both nodded and the crew started packing their things…

While the crew was preparing their stuff, I took the chance to call Gayoonie. I went to my room and called.

‘Yoboseyo?’ she picked up immediately.

‘Yo~’ I cheered immediately I heard my friend’s voice. ‘What’s up?’

‘Did you sleep well, sleeping beauty?’ she asked in a mocking way. I half smiled.

‘Yeah’

She giggled at the end of the line. ‘Hey, when are you coming home?’

I smiled widely. ‘Why, you missed me already?’

‘Yeah, you have no idea…’ she said in a neutral voice and I could almost see her rolling her eyes. I chuckled amused. ‘Yah! Get serious!’ she scolded me and I laughed.

‘Hyuna went to see WGM’s episode today and she called me panicking because you were having “tons of skinship” with Sungkyu-oppa…’ I got surprised. ‘She said something about losing you or something…Ugh, you know how it is…’

I nodded even though I know she couldn’t see me. ‘I’ll call her later and talk to her’

‘Unnie?!’ I heard in the back of our conversation. ‘Are you talking to Jiyoonie?!’

It was Hyuna almost shouting. ‘Yeah’ replied Gayoonie and I could hear some struggle and whining.

‘Unnie~!’ Hyuna’s voice rang in my ear like a thunderbolt.

‘Hi Hyuna’ I said softly.

‘Unnie…wae?!’

‘Wae what?’ I asked playing dumb.

‘You like him that much?’

‘Hyuna, this is not the time to talk about that’ I said as clear as I could. The truth is I didn’t want to answer that question yet… ‘We’ll talk when I get home, ok?’

‘Are you coming tonight?’ she asked in her usual cute voice.

I bit my lips. ‘No, tomorrow…’

‘You’re staying with him…’ she muttered.

‘This is our apartment, so yeah, I’m staying with him…’ I felt bad for my friend, she’s very sensitive… ‘Hyuna, please, we’ll talk tomorrow, ok?’

‘Ok…’ she mumbled. ‘I love you…’

‘I love you too’ I said immediately. I heard some noise and then I heard Gayoonie again.

‘Told you’ she said in worried tone.

‘I’m going tomorrow…try to talk to her’

‘I will. Now go to your husband, he’ll be wondering what is taking you so long’

‘Ok. Love you. Bye’

‘Bye’

I hanged up and went to the living room. I found Sungkyu-oppa sitting on the couch with an absent expression. The crew already left the apartment.

I gulped and sat next to him. I put my head on his shoulder.

‘There are no cameras…you don’t need to act anymore…’ he said in a deep voice. I lifted my head a little and looked at him.

‘He’s thinking I’m acting?’

‘I’m not acting…’ I said kinda hurt by his words.

He turned his head and our eyes met…

This was the first time we were alone like this. We had being alone during our trip to Busan, but we couldn’t really see our faces because we shared a talk very late at night; now was different…

I felt butterflies in my stomach when he looked at me with those small but sparkly eyes…

‘I called Gayoonie’ I said avoiding his deep stare.

‘What did she say?’

‘She said Hyuna went to see our episode today…’ I replied staring at my hands. I was feeling embarrassed for some reason.

‘Did she like it?’ he asked with a smile. I hesitated.

‘I think not…’

He seemed surprised. ‘Why?’

I gave it a second thought to what I was going to say. ‘She was worried because we’re having way too much skinship…’

Oppa remained silent for a second. He was thinking. ‘Nichkhun-hyung said the same…’

‘Victoria-unnie too…’ I added.

‘You think we’re having too much skinship?’

‘I don’t know…’ I directed my eyes to our almost entwined fingers, ‘…maybe’

‘When does my hand get there?’ I moved my hand immediately and he noticed. He also moved his hand.

Oppa cleared his throat. ‘I haven’t checked the fans’ responses to this show. Have you?’ he asked glancing at me.

I shook my head. ‘Not really. I’ve been busy…’

He took out his phone and entered twitter. I did the same.

‘“Oppa, you and Jiyoon should marry for real”, “Bouquet couple is real!”, “Oppa, why did you have to hold her hand like that? I don’t like it!”, “Oppa, stop acting like you’re in love with her!”, “Jiyoon and you make a good couple”…There are tons of mentions like this…’ he said scanning his phone.

I read mines and half of them were mentions of fans spazzing and the other half, were mentions of fans hating me…

‘Ugh…I knew it!’

‘What is it?’ Sungkyu-oppa asked me with a preoccupied expression.

‘I think we should stop having skinship on camera…’ I said almost rushing my words.

‘Why?’ he almost shout. ‘Is it too bad?’ he looked over my phone and then, he looked at me.

‘Not that bad, but…I don’t want problems…’ I mumbled.

He made a face. ‘I don’t want us to become awkward…I like the relationship we have now’

I looked into his eyes. I felt the urge to hug him and kiss him, but, I hugged myself instead and bit my lips… I didn’t reply…

‘You said you weren’t acting, so that means, what we have now is real…right?’

I remained silent…I didn’t know what to say.

‘You really want us to act differently? Pretend we are awkward with each other?’

He was asking too many questions…

‘…Ani…’ I said finally letting out some of my thoughts. ‘I like the way we are now too, but, the fans…’

‘The real fans will support us no matter what’ he interrupted me. He had a serious expression. Actually, I haven’t seen him so serious before.

Unconsciously, I reached for his hair… His expression softened.

‘His hair is so soft…’ it felt so good and natural with him that I honestly didn’t want to act like we are awkward, because we aren’t…

‘What are you thinking?’ he asked me with a warm smile. He leaned his head on my hand. I smiled.

‘I don’t want to act...’ I started talking almost in a whisper. ‘I think it’ll be hard…’

‘I don’t think we’ll succeed anyways’ he added. ‘We’re far too comfortable to act like we’re awkward’

He lifted his hand and put it on top of mine. He held my hand for a couple of seconds.

‘Let’s make a promise’ he put out his pinky finger in front of me. I entwined my own with his without even hearing what the promise was about. Whatever it’ll be, I will do it… ‘Let’s promise that we won’t let people outside change what we have now…’

‘It won’t be easy…’ I said directing my eyes to his face.

‘Let’s do our best, then’

I nodded agreeing with his proposal and we sealed the pinky promise with a smile.

‘Oppa, let’s go rest’ I proposed standing up the couch and pulling his arm to stand him up. He smiled and put some resistance. ‘Yah! Stand up!’ I slapped his hand playfully. He giggled.

‘Carry me~’ he said acting like a little kid. I found this cute.

‘I piggyback you then’ I teased and leaned putting his arm over my shoulder just like he did when we arrived to the building. He put on his other arm and I pretended to carry him to his bedroom when in real life, he was walking by his own.

‘Good night, oppa’ I said when we arrived to the entrance of his bedroom.

‘Good night, Jiyoon-ah’

I bid good bye and went to my room sheepishly smiling.

‘Confirmed…I have fallen for Sungkyu-oppa……!’

End POV