Phonecall

I want to marry you… (WGM)

 

Hi guys~ I was out a couple of weeks so I couldn't update until now. Hope you like it. Bye-yeom~~

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jiyoon POV

‘He’s not answering…’  I pouted and rolled over my body.

‘Wanna eat?’ Gayoonie asked from the door. I nodded. ‘Come’

I stood up and took my phone with me. I sat on the chair waiting for Nam-chef to pass me the food.

‘So, have you talked to your oppa?’ asked Hyuna with an unusual teasing tone. I glanced at her with a warning look. ‘What?’ she said defensively but hiding a smile.

‘Unnie, is very obvious that you like him’ this time Sohyun was the one that spoke. She stuffed with food.

I glanced at both maknaes. ‘You’ve been very curious today, huh?’

‘Jiyoon-ah’ Jihyun-unnie called and passed me a bowl with soup and another one with rice.

‘Thanks unnie’

We all started to eat silently at first. We were all hungry, like always.

‘Unnie, you need to be careful…’ finally Hyuna spoke.

‘I know’ I muttered taking a sip of my soup. It was delicious.

‘Have you checked the responses of the fans?’ Jihyun-unnie asked me from across the table. I looked up to her.

‘Yeah…, we both checked it today’

I made a pause. ‘And…?’ insisted Gayoonie.

‘Half-half’ I said picking a shrimp in my bowl of soup. ‘Is not that bad, but we’ll be more careful’

‘Good’

We all went back to silence.

‘Have you planned on telling him?’ again Hyuna spoke first.

‘Telling him what?’ I asked distracted.

‘Confessing!’ she suddenly burst out. I almost choked with the food I had in my mouth.

I coughed a couple of times before speak. ‘Jeez, Hyuna, calm down!’ I said trying to breathe calmly. I glanced at the rest of my friends. They all had the same expression as Hyuna. ‘What!’ I said defensive. ‘Guys, do you really think I-’

♪~Let’s have a heart to heart to heart, talk~♪

My phone started to ring.

‘Yoboseyo?’ I picked up immediately, I didn’t want to keep talking about confessing and I also was expecting Sungkyu-oppa’s call…

‘Jiyoon-ah’

‘Oh, oppa!’ I recognized our manager’s voice. The girls went crazy though…they thought it was Sungkyu-oppa. With my hand, I told them it was not.

‘I have good news for you’ he said oddly excited.

‘Good news?’ I asked with a grin. The last time he said that to me, it was to tell me I was going to be in WGM…

‘Yeah’ he replied. ‘I’ll go straight to the point. You’ll be in Immortal Song 2!’

‘Immortal Song?’ I asked surprised. I almost spit my food.

‘Yeah, you’ll be part of Immortal Song 2’

I didn’t reply, I was still assimilating it.

‘Aren’t you happy?’ he asked after my silence.

‘Of course I am!’ I said finally sinking the words.

‘You’ll start in two weeks’

‘Oh…ok’ I said in a soft voice. I was trying to control my voice.

‘Ok, I’ll tell you more details tomorrow. I only wanted to give you the good news’

I smiled. ‘Thanks oppa’

‘Enjoy your meal. Bye’

‘Bye’

I hanged up and stared at my phone still not believing what manager-oppa had said to me.

‘Who was it?’ Gayoonie asked without taking her eyes from her food.

‘Jintaek-oppa’ I replied leaving my phone on the table again.

‘What did he said?’

I put some rice in my mouth. ‘He said I’ll be in Immortal Song 2’

‘OMG! That’s great news!’ my four friends jumped off their seats. I nodded and tried to swallow.

‘Yeah!’ I said still chewing some food remained in my mouth.

‘OMG! I need to call oppa, he’ll tell you everything about Immortal Song!’ Gayoonie suddenly said with a big smile. She took out her phone and dialed her boyfriend’s number.

‘Hey baby, how are you?...’ she stood up the table and went to the living room.

♪~Let’s have a heart to heart to heart, talk~♪

My phone started ringing again. I looked at the screen.

“Kim Sungkyu”

I smiled widely.

‘Yoboseyo?’ I said once I answered.

‘Annyong~’ Sungkyu-oppa’s voice rang cheery in my ears.

‘Annyong oppa~’

Hyuna and Sohyun glanced at me and giggled. I rolled my eyes and stood up. I started walking towards my room.

‘I was writing you a while ago, were you busy?’ he asked.

‘Not at all’ I said remembering why I didn’t answer his mentions. ‘My members thought it was fun to do a human sandwich with me in the bottom. I was barely breathing, so I couldn’t really answer you’

He laughed. ‘I can truly picture that’

‘I tried to call you once I was released, but you didn’t answer’ I said sitting on my bed while pouting. I knew he couldn’t see my pout, but I still did it.

‘Yeah, our sink broke again so I was trying to fix it’ he said apologetic.

‘You could fix it?’ I asked amused by the mere thought of him doing such a work.

‘Not really’ he answered with a sigh.

I giggled. I could imagine oppa being all frustrated over the broken sink.

‘I guess we’ll have to call a plumber or something’

‘Yeah, please do’ I said still giggling.

‘Yeah. Hey, did you talk to Hyuna?’ he asked somehow worried.

‘She seemed much better when I get here. She and Sohyun were even playing and asking me weird questions’

He chuckled. ‘Weird questions? Like what?’

I didn’t want to answer, so I ignored his questions. ‘Oppa…’

‘Hmm?’

‘My manager called me a few minutes ago’ I said trying to change the topic. ‘He told me I was going to be in Immortal Song 2!’

‘OMG! That’s great! When you start?’

‘In two weeks’

‘That’s great news Jiyoon-ah! I’m really happy for you!’

‘Thanks oppa’ I said with a wide smile on my face. ‘Will you go to support me some day?’ I asked teasingly.

‘Of course I will! I’ll go and vote a hundred times to make you win every time’

I laughed. ‘You promise?’ I was still teasing.

‘I promise!’ he said following my game.

We both laughed at the same time. I was enjoying this phonecall a bit too much…

‘You have schedule tomorrow?’ he asked after we stopped laughing.

‘Yeah, a couple of interviews, you?’

‘Same, plus, practice until dawn’ his voice sounded tired.

‘Are you tired today?’ I asked lying on my bed suddenly feeling tired too.

‘Sort of’ he sighed at the end of the line. ‘But I feel more tired when I think of tomorrow’ he said honestly.

‘Our schedules are really tight…’ I said suddenly wanting to have some free time.

‘Yeah… I would like to have a break sometime soon’

‘Same…’ I agreed.

‘Jiyoon-ah…’ he called my name softly. I love it…

‘Hmm?’

‘When we have time…will you go out with me?’

I got speechless. ‘Did he just ask me out?’

‘We’ll see each other next weekend’ I said trying to not jump into conclusions.

‘I’m not talking about WGM…’ he said after a short silence.

I felt my heart pumping hard against my chest. ‘Then…?’

‘…I meant it like a date…’ he said almost in a whisper.

My heart stopped! Immediately, I felt the heat in my face. I fan myself still incapable of saying a word.

‘What do you say?’ he asked softly again.

‘I…’ I let some air to enter my lungs before replying. ‘It would be very nice…’

‘Great, then I’ll call you, ok?’ he said again cheery.

I nodded. ‘Sure, no prob’

It was a short silence for a moment.

‘Hyung!’ I heard in the back. ‘Jiyoon-ah, gotta go now’ Sungkyu-oppa said after he heard the one calling him.

‘Oh, ok’ I said a bit disappointed.

‘I’ll text you later’ he said immediately, like he noticed my disappointment. Maybe I was letting my feelings surface too much…

‘Ok’ I said trying to sound nonchalant.

‘I…’ he wanted to say something but he didn’t. ‘Bye’ he said at the end.

‘…Bye’ I replied wondering what did he want to say.

I hanged up and looked up; Jihyun-unnie was staring at me with an amused expression. I looked away.

‘We have rehearsal in an hour’ she said before stepping out the room. I sighed and stood up.

‘Back to my life…’

End POV

---

Sungkyu POV

‘Thanks Woonie…thanks to you I have hopes now…’

I rolled over my bed and stared at my sleeping friend. I smiled.

‘Hyung, can you wake up Woohyun-hyun please? We need to go now or else manager-hyung is going to kill us’ Hoya-hyung said to me from the door. I nodded.

‘Ok, don’t worry, we’ll leave soon’ I said while I got up my bed and went to Woohyun’s.

‘Hyung, wake up’ I said while moving him.

‘askhfk…noona…’ Woonie mumbled. I giggled.

‘Oh, gosh’ I shook my head.

‘Hyung! Stop dreaming with Seungyeon-noona and wake up!’

‘What!’ he woke up startled.

‘We need to go now’ I said amused by his sleepy face.

‘Ok…’ he yawned and stood up stretching his arms. ‘I was having one of the nicest dreams’

I glanced at him and smiled. ‘With Seungyeon-noona?’ I asked knowing the answer. He nodded and blushed a bit.

‘In my dream she was my girlfriend’

I couldn’t help to laugh. ‘Did you kiss her in your dream?’

He nodded a bit embarrassed. I smiled and ruffled his hair.

‘I called Jiyoon’ I said choosing a jacket to match my pants. ‘We talked a lot’

He glanced at me and smiled warmly. ‘Seems like you’re doing just fine with her’

I nodded feeling my face a little warm. ‘Thanks to your comment, I gained hope’

‘What did she say?’

‘She’s going to be in immortal Song 2’ I said smiling proudly.

‘OMG! That’s great!’ my friend let out with a little jump. I laughed and nodded.

‘I hope she wins a lot’

‘She will’ Woonie assured and patted my shoulder. ‘Let’s go’

I stepped out the room following him.

‘I asked her out’ I suddenly said before joining the other members in the living room. He turned his head to me with an incredible speed.

‘You did what?!’ he almost shouted.

Sungyeol and Hoya looked at us with an annoyed expression.

‘Keep it low’ I said to my friend in a whisper. He gave me a strange look. ‘I had to, hyung’ I finally said. ‘I needed to know if you were right or not’

At first, he didn’t reply, but then, he nodded slowly. ‘And…?’

‘She accepted’ I smiled with all my teeth. He sighed relieved.

‘This is going to be good stuff for Soyu-na and Gayoon-noona’ he grinned and went away before I could complain.

‘Hey!’ I tried to stop him but I didn’t really move. I sighed and smile.

‘This is going to be hell when those two find out’

I giggled and followed my friends out the apartment.

End POV