The fan

I want to marry you… (WGM)

 

The next morning

‘I don’t think they’re awake yet’ a short cameraman said.

‘Yeah, plus, I wouldn’t want to enter and find an embarrassing scene…’ another one said doing a face. The latter nodded in agreement.

‘Ok, let’s knock first’ said the PD heading to the couple’s room. They knocked a couple of times but no one opened.

The three men looked at each other clearly concerned.

‘We need to start filming…’ the PD said looking at his watch.

‘But what if they’re-’

‘They’re kids, they wouldn’t be doing anything besides sleep’ the PD interrupted the shorter cameraman.

‘When you say “kids” what age are you talking about?’ the other man said with a smirk. The shorter one giggled.

‘They are not kids PD-nim, didn’t you see them yesterday in the dance floor?’ the short man said lifting an eyebrow.

The PD massaged his temple. ‘That was just a kiss, plus, both were really awkward after it’

‘Yeah, so awkward that they fell asleep cuddled in the sofa, right?’ one cameraman elbowed the other.

‘You’re over thinking’ the PD said mostly annoyed.

‘We’re not’ the sorter man said frowning playfully.

The PD shook his head. ‘You’re such s…’

The two guys wanted to reply back, but the PD interrupted them.

‘Ok, you two, zip it’ said the man glaring at both his co-workers. He knocked the door a couple more times and waited. Finally, some movement could be heard from inside, seconds later, Jiyoon opened the door with a sleepy face.

‘Good morning Jiyoon-ssi’ said the three men smiling and bowing shyly at the view of the young idol.

‘Good morning…’ she replied also bowing, then, she opened the door widely so the crew could enter.

When the three men entered, she closed the door and headed to the couch where Sungkyu was still sleeping.

‘Should I wake him up now?’ Jiyoon asked looking at the men that were organizing their equipment.

The shorter man took a look at Sungkyu on the couch and could notice that they both had sleep together, as they leave them the night before. The man smirked and eyed the PD. This one caught his team mate cue and rolled his eyes.

‘Yeah, I think you should, the stylists will be here at any moment’ said the man glancing at the door. Jiyoon nodded still sleepy and went to wake her husband.

‘Oppa…’ she whispered shaking the boy’s shoulder. He moved a little but he kept sleeping. ‘Oppa, wake up…’

Sungkyu let out a soft sound before open his eyes slowly. ‘Jiyoon-ah…’ he said softly. ‘What is it?’

‘Oppa, is time to film’ she said calmly glancing at the men adjusting their equipment. He glanced at them too and then nodded.

Slowly, he sat on the couch and stretched his arms. Jiyoon smiled at the view of her sleepy husband.

If normally, Sungkyu’s eyes are very little, when he’s sleepy, his eyes disappeared. Jiyoon found this very adorable though.

‘He looks cute’  she thought right before a couple of knocks on the door could be heard.

One of the cameramen reacted faster and went to open the door. The stylists entered the room with all sorts of bags and boxes.

‘Good morning Jiyoon, Sungkyu’ said the two women smiling at the young couple. The young greeted back and as both went to the bathroom to wash their faces, the staff started to prepare the place.

 

Jiyoon POV

‘Did you sleep well?’ Sungkyu-oppa asked me once we entered the bathroom.

‘Yeah’ I replied watching him from the reflex in the mirror. ‘You?’

He nodded and yawned. ‘I still need a couple of hours of sleep…’

‘Yeah, I feel the same’ I said opening the faucet and splashing some water on my face. The cold water refreshed my warm skin. I took out the liquid I always use to clean my face and started washing it. A few seconds later, I felt a couple of arms wrapping my waist! I got surprised so I looked up to the mirror and saw Sungkyu-oppa’s head leaned on my back. He was sleeping.

‘Oppa, are you ok?’ I asked trying not to move too much. He groaned something unintelligible. I giggled. ‘Oppa, don’t sleep on me; you’re heavy’

He chuckled. ‘Yah… are you calling me fat?’

I smiled. ‘No, I’m calling you heavy’ I said and finished cleaning my face.

‘Oppa, I finished, can you pass me the towel please?’

He stretched his arm and without moving his head from my back, he passed me the little towel. I dried my face slowly giving him time to keep sleeping. Actually, it felt really good that we were having this little intimate time without cameras around…

‘Jiyoon-ah, remember that we have to buy our wedding album before leave Busan…’ he said almost in a whisper.

‘Yeah’ I said turning around to face him. He groaned a little and moved his head. ‘Oppa, if you keep sleeping, we won’t be able to go’

He nodded with his eyes still closed and leaned his head on my shoulder. His nose was close to my neck that when I felt his breath, I felt shivers.

‘Umm…o-oppa…’ I stuttered.

‘Guys, you ready?’ a smiley stylist appeared in front of the bathroom’s door. Sungkyu-oppa jumped and immediately, he moved his head away from my shoulder.

We both looked rather shocked and guilty at the woman. She opened to say something, but she closed it again and left.

I panicked a bit and glanced at my husband. He had the same expression I probably had.

‘We should go out now…’ he said slowly. I agreed and we both went out the bathroom avoiding any eye contact with the staff.

‘Oh, gosh, this is so embarrassing…’  I thought before sitting on the couch. I felt all eyes on me…on us…so I just closed my eyes and waited for the stylist to begin her art…

End POV

 

After both idols were ready, the filming started.

‘Yeobo~’ Sungkyu called out loud from the door. Jiyoon was taking forever to go out and he was getting impatient.

‘Wae~’ she replied from inside.

‘We need to go to buy the photo album before going back to Seoul’ the boy said tapping the pommel.

‘Jiyoonit is ready!’ suddenly she exploded with aegyo and her face appeared in front of him. Sungkyu got surprised but he couldn’t help to chuckle.

‘Since when you like the nickname?’ he asked admiring how good his wife looked in casual clothes.

‘Well, is either fight with the enemy or join it…I decided to join it’ she said shrugging. The boy giggled.

‘Come, let’s go’ he said taking her hand and entwining his fingers with hers. She smiled and blushed a bit.

‘I love how she still blushes with the skinship…’  thought the boy smiling to himself.

‘Oppa, what kind of photo album shall we buy?’ Jiyoon asked innocently while they walked out the hotel.

‘I don’t know, let’s go see what they have’ he said leading her to a store that was near.

‘Annyeonghaseyo~’ both young said when they entered the shop. A nice woman and her daughter welcomed them.

‘Annyeonghaseyo~ what can I do for you?’ asked the woman glancing at them and at the camera with curiosity. The daughter gasped and covered hiding a big shock.

‘We are looking for a wedding album’ Jiyoon said in a soft voice before smiling shyly. The girl was feeling embarrassed and Sungkyu loved it. He let her hand go and put his arm around her shoulders. The woman’s daughter almost passed out that moment.

‘Your face looks familiar’ the woman said to Jiyoon ignoring her request.

‘Really?’ Jiyoon chuckled nervously.

‘Yeah…’ the woman scanned the idol girl and then, she glanced at her daughter that was almost in tears now. ‘You’re from 4minute, right?’ asked the woman after observing her daughter’s reaction.

‘Yes’ Jiyoon said smiling widely. She feels really honored when people recognize her. ‘I’m 4minute’s Jeon Jiyoon’

The woman smiled widely. ‘Oh~ Yes! My daughter is your biggest fan!’ she said and put one arm around her daughter’s shoulder. Jiyoon glanced at the girl, and this one blushed so hard that even Jiyoon got worried because she was too red.

‘Are you ok?’ the idol asked rather worried to the girl. The latter nodded and her eyes filled with tears. ‘Oh, no, don’t cry’ Jiyoon was panicking, she didn’t know how to react, she always feel weird when someone cries for her, but then, she remembered how Hyuna always treats her fans; so, she, trying to imitate that, hugged the girl and patted her back softly. The girl stiffened when Jiyoon touched her, but after a few seconds, she calmed herself a bit and Jiyoon let go. ‘Are you feeling better now?’ the girl nodded shyly and smiled.

Sungkyu, that was watching the whole scene, felt really happy for his wife. He felt that after all the bad things that 4minute had been through, they deserve this kind of passionate fans.

Jiyoon turned to him with a big smile and he returned her a warm-sincere smile.

‘So’ the woman interrupted the teary moment. ‘You were saying you want a wedding album?’

‘Yes’ said Sungkyu putting his arm around Jiyoon’s shoulder again. The woman looked at them intermittently.

‘You got married?’ she asked almost lifting an eyebrow.

‘Yes’ the couple replied shyly. The woman squealed in joy while the girl giggled and look at the couple with sparkling eyes.

‘Congratulations!’ said the woman patting the idols’ shoulders. ‘Come, come, I have some good photo albums over here…’

The woman started walking inside the shop. Sungkyu glanced at Jiyoon and she also glanced at him. They snickered silently and starting to walk behind the woman. The girl walked behind them along with the cameras.

‘Did you bring your photos?’ the woman asked stopping on her tracks.

‘No, sorry…’ the boy said with an apologetic smile.

‘Oh, it doesn’t matter’ she said and took out a big photo album from a ledge. ‘Take a look at this one’

Jiyoon took it and started to pass the laminated sheets one by one.

‘What do you think?’ she asked the boy that was looking over her shoulder.

‘I like the fact that is big’ he said and she nodded. ‘I think our photos will fit perfectly here. What do you think?’

‘I like it’ she simply said.

‘We have more’ the woman’s daughter said appearing from behind them with another photo album.

Sungkyu took it and looked at it closely. ‘I also like this one’ he said to Jiyoon.

‘Rock, paper, scissor to know which one to buy’ said the idol girl with a smile.

‘You love to solve everything with that game, huh?’ observed the boy chuckling. She snickered and put her hand in front of him, ready to play.

‘Fine…’ Sungkyu said repressing a smile. ‘Two of three?’

‘Yeah’ Jiyoon said nodding. ‘kawi-bawi-bo!’ she said to start the game.

The first round, Sungkyu won; the second round, Jiyoon won; and the last round, Sungkyu won. The boy chuckled and celebrated with a little dance. Jiyoon laughed amused.

Everyone was having a laugh with the couple until Jiyoon realized the time.

‘What time is it?’ she glanced at Sungkyu’s wrist.

He looked at his watch. ‘…Time to leave…’ he said in a low voice. He was preoccupied about how late they’d get to Seoul…

‘Then its settle’ Jiyoon said taking the photo album from Sungkyu’s hand. ‘We’ll take this one’ she said to the woman. The latter smiled pleased and went to the counter.

‘You really like it?’ he asked rather worried by the way things turned up.

‘Yeah’ she said with a smile. ‘Don’t you?’

‘Yeah, I liked it first, remember?’ he said mocking her. She giggled and stuck out her tongue before going to the counter.

‘I know your photos are going to look amazing in there’ said the woman with the warmest smile.

Jiyoon nodded and a second later, Sungkyu appeared behind.

‘Where were you?’ asked the girl to her husband.

‘I was looking around, this place is nice’ he said to the woman. She thanked the boy and admired his well-mannered ways.

‘You’re lucky to have him’ the woman said winking at Jiyoon that immediately blushed. Everyone laughed at her cute reaction.

After a couple of more nice words, the couple paid for the photo album and thanked them for everything, but when they were about to leave, the woman’s daughter called Jiyoon’s attention.

‘Unnie, can you please sign me this?’ the girl showed her the “4minutes left” album. Jiyoon smiled pleased.

‘Of course’ she said and took the pen that the girl handed her. ‘What is your name?’ she asked before starting to write.

‘Yuhi’ said the girl shyly. Jiyoon smiled widely, then turned to the CD and started to write.

“For Yuhi with love
Thank you for bright my day
I hope to see you soon
♥ Jiyoon ♥”

Jiyoon took the time to write something nice for the girl. She had made her feel very special so she wanted to return that kindness.

When she finished, she handed the CD to the girl that bowed a hundred times to Jiyoon for such a nice gesture. Jiyoon thanked her too and the couple went out the store waving at the nice woman and her daughter…

---

Jiyoon’s Personal Interview

Jiyoon: (smiling widely) That girl really bright my day…no, my week. I’m really thankful to her and of course to all 4nias for always support us no matter what. (Looking at the camera) Yuhi-nah, gomawo~ saranghaeyo~! (explosion of aegyo)

 

Sungkyu’s Personal Interview

Sungkyu: I loved seeing her smile the way she did after the encounter with that girl. She was really happy. I’m very thankful to the girl for bright my wife’s day. (Looking at the camera) Thank you Yuhi-nah~!