The gift

I want to marry you… (WGM)

 

Last day in Malaysia

Hyuna called one of the men with the cameras and whispered him that went to see what Jiyoon was doing in the market. The man smiled knowing exactly what the girl meant with this and nodding he went to a place where the charismatic girl couldn’t see him.

The man spotted a very concentrated Jiyoon. ‘What is she doing?’ he thought grinning while focused her with his camera.

---

Jiyoon POV

Why is this so difficult? Is just a silly gift, is not a wedding ring for chrissake!’ I screamed inside my head. I wanted something really special though. Unique.

I took a pretty turnkey with the twin towers on it. ‘Should I give him this? This is a pretty souvenir but is not unique I should find something more special... WAA~! Im going crazy! What should I do?

‘What are you doing?’ a voice said behind me and freaked me to death. I jumped in surprise and turned around to see no one else but my best friend Gayoon smiling innocently.

‘What the hell…? You almost gave me a heart attack!’ she giggled.

‘I didn’t know you were so concentrated’

‘I wasn’t’ I lied. She squinted. ‘What?’

‘I know you’re lying’

I sighed. ‘I…’ I hesitated. ‘I was looking for a gift…’ I managed to mumble.

‘For Sungkyu-oppa?’ I nodded shyly. She giggled and hugged me. ‘Oh, you’re so cute’ I blushed.

She hugged me tight for a second. ‘Oh, I didn’t notice’ she said braking the hug and looking at me.

‘What?’ I asked nonchalantly.

‘You’re wearing his jacket…’ she made a circle with her index finger while she pointed at me.

What?’ I looked down and saw that as she said, I was still wearing his jacket. That left me speechless.

‘I…’ I couldn’t find a good excuse for that. I didn’t remember that I still have it on. ‘What to do?

‘I knew that that smell wasn’t yours…’ she grinned.

‘What?’ I was dumbfounded.

‘You like the smell of it or something?’ she laughed at her own words. I didn’t find it that funny…

The jacket still smells like him but I didn’t keep it for that, I kept it because I forgot to take it off… ‘Gayoon-nie is misunderstanding everything…’

‘Yah! Gayoon-ah!’ I shouted pouting. She laughed again. ‘I just forgot to take it off!’

She laughed harder. ‘Yeah, right’ I frowned. ‘Anyway, what were you saying about a gift?’

I gave her a killer gaze but decided to drop the topic. I was sure the one losing in the arguing thing will be me, so I better change the subject.

‘I can’t seem to find anything…’

‘What do you mean? I see plenty of things here’ I took a look at all the souvenirs in front of me and sighed.

I guess any of these things will do…’ I thought taking out some money to pay for the turnkey I had on my hand.

‘Wait’ Gayoon-nie said preventing me for take out the money. ‘Look’ she pointed at a little tent in the middle of the market where you can see the words “wood souvenirs” written in a cardboard.

‘Wood souvenirs?’ I asked raising an eyebrow.

‘Come on, let’s see what’s in there’ she dragged me with her.

Inside the tent there were a lot of pieces of wood with the most popular places and monuments engraved in the surface of them.

This is really unique’ I thought looking around me.

‘You should definitely bring one of this to your hubby’ I had to agreed with her. The idea was good.

‘Hello, can you… give… one of this?’ I asked the man attending in my bad engrish. He smiled and nodded understanding.

The man took a piece of wood with the twin towers in it.

‘Do you want to customize it?’ the man asked and I panicked.

What did he say?’ I looked at Gayoon-nie for help. Apparently she was as lost as I was.

‘Customize’ the man repeated and pointed at the drawing. I was still clueless. ‘Name or something’ he said and finally a light illuminate in my head.

‘Name! Yes!’ I repeated nodding furiously.

‘What name?’ he asked.

‘Sungkyu’ I said smiling awkwardly.

‘What?’ the man clearly didn’t understand what I said.

‘Sungkyu’ I repeated and made the mimic of writing, indicating the man that gave me paper and pen to write it down. He understood and handed me what I asked.

First I thought in writing it in Korean but since the man could probably mix up the symbols, I wrote it in western letters. I romanized his name.

“S-U-N-G-K-Y-U” I wrote carefully.

‘That’s it’ Gayoon-nie said nodding peeking over my shoulder. I smiled.

I gave him back the paper and the pen. He read and nodded.

While the man “customizes” the gift, Gayoon-nie and I looked around one more time. This time more patiently. Suddenly, I spotted a lens focusing us, and behind the man with the lens, I saw Hyuna and Sohyun peeking over the screen of the camera. I frowned.

The moment I frowned, both maknaes docked behind the man giggling.

‘I already saw you!’ I shouted and Gayoon turned her head to where I was looking.

Two girls with apologetic looks came out behind the man with the camera and approached us.

‘Where you two following me?’ I asked glaring them and then to the camera. Both girls shook their heads furiously but the man just smirked guiltily.

‘I knew it!’ I said and both maknaes turned their heads and glared at the man. Hyuna complained at the man but he just giggled. ‘Stalkers!’ I said pretending to be mad.

‘We are not stalkers’ Hyuna defended.

‘Why were you following me then?’ Hyuna opened to say something but nothing came out. ‘You see? Stalkers…’

‘Miss, it’s ready’ a male voice came from behind me. I turned and the man was holding the piece of wood I chose and the name “Sungkyu” engraved it on one side of the picture. I smiled satisfied with the work.

‘Perfect!’ I almost jumped.

‘Oh, it’s really pretty…’ Sohyun whispered looking at the souvenir in my hands.

‘How’s that you never bought something like this to any of us?’ Hyuna complained.

‘Because she is not married to you, silly’ Gayoon-nie said as a matter-of-fact.

‘I think is because she is not IN LOVE with you’ NamJi-leader said entering the tent with a smirk in her face.

‘What?!’ I got caught with the guard down. ‘I’m not in love with anyone!’ I shouted trying to defend myself. My friends laughed…, even the camera man laughed. I simply pouted. 

Im not in love with Sungkyu-oppa, really…’ I thought to myself while I paid for the gift.

End POV

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello guys! Sorry for the late update, I've been busy...college and stuff..., anyways, how do you like the chapter? Please, let me know as always.

I'm writing the next chapter so maybe this week I update again. Please stay tuned.

Have a nice afternoon

Thanks for reading :)