Argument

I want to marry you… (WGM)

 

The couple arrived very late at their destination. It was almost 10pm when they got to the hotel so, that night, they were too tired to go anywhere, they just pay for the room and went to rest…

Room’s Busan hotel

‘This is pretty’ said the girl the moment they entered the room.

The room was really spacious and it has a couple of sofas and a table at one side of the room and at the other side, there was a big bed.

‘There’s only one bed?’ Jiyoon asked looking around her. Sungkyu put the bags on the floor and went to explore the room.

‘We’re married you know? Is only natural to sleep in the same bed’ the boy said like if it was nothing of the other world.

‘YAH! What are you saying?!’ she complained out loud.

‘Huh? Did I say something wrong?’ he asked curious.

‘Are you seriously asking?’ Jiyoon stopped one second before speak. ‘We’re not REALLY married’

‘No?’ the boy asked walking out of the bathroom. He approached her and took her hand. ‘Then what is this?’ he put her hand in front of her face. The ring shined on her eyes.

‘I-’

‘I’ll sleep on the couch…’ he said and turned around to put the bags in one of the couches. Jiyoon immediately knew that she had done it wrong. She felt guilty about it.

‘Ani, oppa, don’t be like that~’ she said following him to the sofa where he had put the bags.

‘It’s ok, I was just joking about the two of us sleeping in the same bed’ he said grinning but without any emotion. It was more like a grimace. He pushed her to one side and carried some clothes to the bathroom. He closed the door hard behind him.

Jiyoon couldn’t react. She was shocked at his reaction. She never thought he would be so mad at her for what she said…

‘I screwed it…’ She let herself fall lifeless on one couch and buried her face on a pillow.

---

Jiyoon’s Personal Interview

Jiyoon: I felt so guilty…! I didn’t know what to do to make thing right again… He was really mad at me for the first time… I didn’t mean to hurt him, I just… (sighs)

---

The cameramen exchanged awkward looks. They felt the tense atmosphere and wanted to leave, but the PD told them to stay.

Sungkyu went out the bathroom after a few minutes and without any word, he took a pillow from the bed and went to the free couch. Jiyoon was on the other.

‘Oppa, are you mad?’ she asked cautiously when the boy sat on the sofa in front of her fixing the pillow.

‘No, why would I?’ he said coolly tightening his jaw and frowning a little.

‘Oppa-’

‘Good night’ he cut off her and leaned against the pillow giving her his back. Jiyoon froze… and for a couple of seconds, she didn’t know what to do or say. At the end, she got up the couch and collecting her clothes too, she went to the bathroom with a gloomy expression.

Seeing the situation as it was, the PD knew they weren’t going to made out that night so he took it as a cue to leave.

---

Sungkyu’s Personal Interview

PD: You were truly angry this time…

Sungkyu: (serious) She said we weren’t really married… That hurts…

 

Jiyoon’s Personal Interview

PD: He got angry…

Jiyoon: (looking down) I know… I just- I mean, he wasn’t really serious about we sleeping on the same bed, right?

PD: ……….

Jiyoon: (sighs)

---

At night without cameras around…

‘Oppa…’ Jiyoon called tentatively in the dark.

There was no reply…

‘Oppa, I’m sorry…’ she said with sincerity in her voice.

Still no reply…

She got up the bed and went to the couch where Sungkyu were. She peeked over his face and saw him heavily asleep. She took the blanket she had in her hand and put it over his body.

‘You’re going to freeze…’ she whispered fixing the blanket on him. When she finished, she stared at him for a moment and then she sighed and sat on the floor leaning her body over the edge of the couch.

‘I can’t believe I’m doing this… Gosh, Sungkyu-ah why you make me do things I’m not used to?’ she started talking knowing he was asleep.

She remained silent for a moment, and then she talked again. ‘I’m truly sorry…’ She waited for an answer but it never arrived. She pouted and continued. ‘I didn’t mean to say what I said…’

‘Then why you said it?’ suddenly Sungkyu spoke breaking his mutism.

‘You were awake?’ Jiyoon startled.

‘No, but your complains about me, making you do things you’re not used to, woke me up…’

‘Oh…’ she let out sighing. ‘…Sorry…’

‘About what?’ he asked utterly cold.

She took some air before answer. ‘About waking you up… and… me saying we weren’t really married… I shouldn’t have said that…’

Sungkyu got quiet for a second. ‘Well… to tell the truth, that really hurt… but I also know this is just acting…’ he said feeling sad… ‘…for you…’ he added to himself.

‘…Ani…’ the girl said in a low voice. ‘…Not everything is acted…’

His heart skipped a beat. ‘What do you mean?’ he moved in his spot and turn around to see her.

‘I…’ the girl took a while to reply. ‘Never mind’

‘Ani! Don’t “never mind” me!’ he said getting up the couch. ‘What were you gonna say?’

She stood up. ‘Forget it, it was nothing’ she said turning her body to the opposite direction of him and started walking to the bed.

‘Jiyoon-ah…’ he called in the dark not moving from his spot. She didn’t reply. ‘Yah! Jiyoon-ah!’ still nothing from her. ‘I’m coming to the bed if you don’t reply’

‘Ani!’ she jumped and turned to look at him with a scared expression.

‘Yah! What kind of person do you think I am?’ he asked a little offended. ‘I’m not a !’

‘Then why did you say something like that?’ she asked a little too loud.

‘Because I knew you would reply if I say it’

Jiyoon frowned. ‘Is not funny…’

‘Well is not funny to talk to the air either!’ he replied frowning too.

There was a silence…

‘Oppa, you’re being difficult’ finally said Jiyoon crossing her arms over her chest.

‘Am I?’ Sungkyu asked sarcastically. ‘I just want you to say what you were going to say before’

‘I forgot what I was going to say’

‘Liar’ he said coolly.

Jiyoon got annoyed. ‘Why are you making all this mess just because of a little thing?’

‘Because maybe, for me, is not that little…’ he retorted a little loud.

She got surprised. ‘…Oppa… What are you trying to say?’

Sungkyu sighed. ‘I’m trying to say that I want you to tell me your thoughts. You never tell me what are you feeling or thinking; is like… you don’t trust me…’ he said a little hurt.

The girl gasped. ‘I trust you…’

‘No, you don’t… There are a lot of things you don’t tell me…’ he got sad. ‘I wish you could tell me your things… what bothers you, what don’t… who was your first kiss…’

Jiyoon narrowed her eyebrows. ‘So this is all is about? Who was my first kiss?’

‘I didn’t say that!’

‘Yes you did!’ Jiyoon was getting angry. ‘If you want to know who my first kiss was, why don’t YOU tell me first? Who was your first kiss?’

Sungkyu was taken aback. ‘Ani, is stupid and boring…’

‘Well, maybe for me is interesting’ Jiyoon took a step closer to him.

The boy got desperate. ‘Argh! It was an old crush from high school. Happy?’

Jiyoon got quiet for a bit. ‘Are you serious?’

‘Yes I am’ he said cutting.

‘And you didn’t want to tell me this, because…?’ she asked raising an eyebrow.

‘You hid it first’ he said pouting and looking away.

She giggled a little thinking he was behaving like a little kid.

‘I told you who was my first kiss, now is your turn…’ Sungkyu said looking at Jiyoon again. Only the light of the moon was coming from the window so he couldn’t really see her face, but he could sense how she got a little scared.

She hesitated. ‘It was…’

‘I’m waiting’ said the boy after a short silence.

‘How’s that we ended up talking about our first kiss?’

‘Don’t avoid the question!’ he demanded out loud.

‘Is not like I can say it like that!’ she replied loudly too.

‘Why not?’ he asked angrily. ‘Is it by any chance someone from the industry?’

Jiyoon didn’t reply.

‘It IS someone from the industry…’ he assured. ‘Who was it? Junhyung?’

‘What?’ she asked surprised.

‘It was Junhyung from Beast, right?’ he asked swallowing with difficult.

‘Where do you take that from?’ she scoffed rolling her eyes.

‘Intuition’ he simply said shrugging.

‘Well your intuition-’

‘Is right. Is it…?’ Sungkyu interrupted.

She remained silent; staring blankly at the tall figure standing in front of her… Because it was dark, she couldn’t tell what his expression was. The shadows tend to distort the reality, so she wasn’t sure if he was angry, hurt or simple anxious.

‘No more lies…?’ he said a little off.

Jiyoon sighed. ‘Aish, fine! Yes, it was him! But it wasn’t as you imagine it. He stole that kiss from me!’

Sungkyu opened his mouth in disbelief. ‘He stole your first kiss?!’

‘Yeah, he stole it…’

‘So you didn’t want to kiss him?’ he asked almost happy.

Jiyoon rolled her eyes. ‘What does the word “stole” tells you?’

The boy smirked. ‘What did you do?’

‘Hit him… Hard… In the face…’

He chuckled. ‘I don’t know why but I can truly picture that’

‘Yah!’ she complained taking a pillow from the bed and throwing it at him. He laughed as it hits him.

‘So…’ Sungkyu picked up the pillow from the floor. ‘What did he do?’

Jiyoon sighed again. ‘He told me that he likes me… and then he apologized for the kiss…’

When she didn’t continue talking, he got impatient. ‘Aham… I’m listening’

‘Oppa, do we really have to talk about this…?’ she asked felling uncomfortable.

He took a step closer and wanted to reach for her hand but he remembered he was a little too close to the bed, so he stopped. ‘I want to listen to the whole story’ he said instead trying to cover his attempt. She didn’t really notice so he was glad.

‘He said that he wanted me to give him a chance…’

She made another pause.

‘Aham’ he invited her to keep talking.

‘But it didn’t work…’

‘Why not?’ he got surprised.

‘He cheated on me…’ she said a little off.

‘WHAT? With who?’ he got the impulse to took her from her shoulders and shake her, but he stood still in his spot.

Jiyoon hesitated. ‘A girl from another group…’

Sungkyu knew that, since she didn’t say the girl’s name, it was someone utterly close… ‘How did you know…?’ he asked instead.

‘I caught them kissing…’

The boy felt rage boiling in his veins. ‘That idiot!’ he tight his fists hard. He couldn’t image how painful that must be for Jiyoon. He felt like punching Junhyung in the face…

‘Did you break his face? Please tell me you beat the crap out of him’ he asked making short the distance between them and doing exactly what he didn’t want to; shaking her from her shoulders.

She let out a laugh without any emotion and stopped him from continuing shaking her.

‘Not really’ she said placing a hand on his arm. Sungkyu paralyzed by the contact… ‘I was truly hurt so I couldn’t react at the moment…’ she continued. ‘Anyway, when I tried to broke up with him, he asked me for forgiveness saying that it was a just a slip, that he didn’t really feel anything for the girl but I’m not stupid, and I wasn’t going to forgive him like that, so I say no and I ended the things…’

‘That jerk…!’ was the only thing that came out of his mouth.

‘Yeah… but we’re cool now. I’m over him’ the girl said shrugging. He frowned.

Jiyoon looked at his face for a brief moment. ‘He’s angry… but he looks cute…’ she thought in a flash and half a smile crept on her face.

‘But he’s not over you’ Sungkyu said bitterly.

‘Well, too bad for him’ she almost whispered still with the smile on her face.

‘You don’t like him anymore?’ he asked a bit too surprised.

‘No’ was her answer as she pushed gently away his hand off her shoulders.

‘Do you like someone at the moment?’ Sungkyu held her index finger when she was pulling away his hands. He didn’t want to let go and she didn’t fight either…

She giggled and raised an eyebrow. ‘Oppa, are you trying to take me out information?’

‘Yeah’ he confessed showing all his teeth.

She laughed amused before reply. ‘…Maybe…’

‘Can I know who?’

‘No, you can’t’ she replied and this time, she tried to release her finger from his grip but he stopped her.

‘Why not? We said no more lies’ he whined making tighter his grip on her.

‘I’m not lying to you, I’m just not telling you’ she explained herself this time succeeding at releasing her finger from his hand.

The boy pouted. ‘Mean…’

She giggled and entered the bed. Sungkyu stood still in his spot. He didn’t want to invade her personal space anymore.

‘How about you, do you like someone at the moment?’ Jiyoon asked a few second later.

He grinned mischievously. ‘Maybe’ he said in the same tone she used.

‘Are you telling me her name?’ she asked using the same strategy as he.

‘Nope until you tell me his name’ he crossed his arms over his chest.

‘Then we’re never going to know who the other likes’ she shrugged.

‘Maybe, maybe not…’

‘What do you mean?’ she got curious.

‘I mean that maybe, you’ll tell me the name of your crush’

She laughed. ‘That’s not happening’

‘We’ll see’ he said pretty sure of his words.

Jiyoon smiled in the dark. She felt somehow closer to Sungkyu…

‘Oppa…’ she broke the brief silence.

‘Hmm?’

She hesitated a little. ‘This… This is just acting for you…?’

The boy got surprised at her question and for a second, he couldn’t decide if tell the truth or hide it.

‘…No…’ he finally muttered.

‘Araso…’ she said moving in the bed.

‘Why the sudden question?’ he asked curious.

‘Good night oppa’ was her only reply. She covered her body and leaned her head in the pillow.

‘Yah! Tell me!’ he demanded taking a step closer.

She giggled in silence and closed her eyes letting the sleep took over her.

‘Yah! Jiyoon-ah!’ he shouted, but again, he got no reply from her. He waited a few seconds and then he got closer to her bed and sneaked over the blankets. He saw her deeply asleep.

‘How can she fall asleep that easily?’ he thought watching her sleepy face. He sighed defeated and went back to the couch. He was seriously tired too so the sleep came fast.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there you guys~!

Sorry if I made you wait too long. I hope you liked this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it.

I have some bad news for you guys; I'm going to travel next week for Christmas so I'm not going to update until I return. I'm coming back the 9th of January so hopefully I return home with new and fresh ideas. Please understand. I promise to make it up to you when I'm back.

I'm always thankful to all of you for reading and commenting. I love you very much!

Take care

Have a great Christmas and a happy New Year. ~♥~

PS: Did anyone watch Exciting Cube TV ep 19? Gayoon asked Jiyoon about Sungkyu!! ashkfahsfk... but sadly, Jiyoon said something like "it was only for television"..... T_________T ( 7:01~7:20 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kodCJMavOaE ) (if anyone understands japanese better than me, you would be a nice person and translate that little part for me, please?)