Chapter 9

The Escaped Prisoner [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cling~

        Cling~

               Cling~

 

“Shut up, moron." Kai shot Tao a glare. Tao had been playing with the forks for so long that it made Kai lost his temper.

Tao pointed at Kai accusingly once again and pouted at Kris. “Look! He’s bullying me again gege!" Tao whispered but loud enough for you to hear it across the kitchen. Your mother couldn’t help but giggled to herself at how cute Tao was. For you, however, Tao was annoying. He was acting like a child even though you were the youngest there.

All the boys were at the kitchen table with an awkward expressions on. They don't know what to do and how to react to this. Well, not really all of them though. Kai won’t stop bickering with D.O, Tao won’t stop playing with the utensils and those two HunHan won’t stop lusting over each other.

The only normal ones were Chen, and maybe Baekhyun. But he kept on smiling for some reason with Chanyeol, and it crept you out a lot. But it was a good thing that you were busy preparing the food with your mother, or else you would punch that smile away from his face.

“Kai – “

“What? Kai and Kai and Kai, always me you blame who does silly things to Tao." Kai grumbled while rolling his eyes at Kris. Immature, Kris thought to himself and grimaced. How did Kai even became his friend anyway?

Tao was still playing with the utensils and it started to get on Kris’s nerves, the older guy quickly shot Tao a glare. “Tao, you better stop it." He gritted his teeth and inhaled quickly when he caught himself off guard, it was not like him for snapping at Tao like that, and he always had a soft spot for Tao. But Tao was getting annoying, the last time Kris talked to Tao he was quiet.

Kris glanced at Kai and frowned. Maybe Kai was the one that influenced Tao because Kai was one of the noisy ones in EXO, but Kris couldn’t put a finger on it. Tao was never the one that was easy to be influenced.

He turned back to Tao and saw Tao was staring at something across the kitchen. Being the quick-witted guy he always had been, Kris turned to the direction and caught Tao staring at you.

Your hair was tied up into a messy bun with your bangs covering your forehead. Typical guys would definitely fell for you if they saw you like this but Kris - well, he was definitely not a typical guy. Though he found himself staring at your face longer than he liked.

But at the precise moment, you turned and caught Kris staring at you. Irritated, you raised a brow and glared at him. You expected Kris to be awkward and shy because you caught him staring at you but he gave you a freaking mean straight face like usual again. While rolling his eyes, he turned his attention back to his friends.

I will never understand Kris. You mentally groaned and continued to help your mother. After few more minutes you and your mother seemed to have some difficulties with the cooking, there were too many ingredients and to prepare foods for 14 mouths, just two people couldn't handle this.

“Do you need any help?“

A soft voice beckoned from behind, your mother and you instantly looked up just to find Baekhyun and Chanyeol smiling at the both of you. Chanyeol peered down and due to his height he can see everything from above. It was so good to be tall. “I see you need a lot of our help." Chanyeol turned and gestured his friends to help but your mother protested.

“It's okay, we don’t mind helping you~" Luhan skipped towards the kitchen and unexpectedly, he reached out to your mother and hugged her. Everyone blinked at Luhan, including you. Their second oldest friend was a very friendly person, sometimes he was too friendly. Your mother hugged him back. “Aigoo, kids these days are so lovely.“

Chanyeol and Baekhyun seemed to have snuggled closer to your side and Kris saw it. Luhan and Sehun though were smart enough to be at your mother’s side. Kris stared at you at first but soon after he saw that you were smiling at Baekhyun and Chanyeol, Kris’s face slowly became sour.

Kris stood up instantly and without a word, he walked towards your side. Tao saw it and stared at Kris with a look. “What the hell is gege doing now?" Tao whispered to himself but one of his hyung heard him, Lay turned to Tao with a brow raised. “Did you say something?"

Tao shot up and smiled at Lay. “Nothing, I was just playing with my utensils!" Tao showed Lay his fork but Lay didn’t buy it, as the smartest one in the gang, Lay could see it when Tao was lying to him. He wanted to growl at Tao but he decided to shut his mouth. “Okay, just don’t break the fork." He turned away and heard that Tao sighed in relief.

Lay smirked and slowly glanced back at Tao. He won't let him off that easily.

Tao was staring at Kris again, for some reason the way Kris was acting was definitely new to him and Tao knew Kris since Tao was a kid. Even though Kris didn’t show any affection or any other ways that said he liked you, Tao still felt something fishy was going on in the air. And he was determined to find out what it was.

“I will get what I want, I am 'The Tao' for nothing." Tao mentally smirked and Lay from the side, raised a brow in amusement when he spotted that Tao was staring at Kris.

Lay saw Kris pushed Chanyeol away at first and gestured Chanyeol to help your mother, then soon after that Lay saw Kris pulled Baekhyun away, now only left him and you at one side while the others were helping your mother.

Interesting, duizhang is being possessive?

Even though Lay wanted to know what Tao was planning, he knew Kris wanted his time. Lay quickly flicked Tao’s forehead and glared at the younger kid. “I know what you’re thinking. So stop before I kill all your pandas.“

Tao's eye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter