Chapter 66

The Escaped Prisoner [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

You were trembling in fear, you were still recovering from the sight of Mrs. Wu’s bodyguard stabbed Luhan. There was nothing you could do; you were being pulled into the car by force and all Mrs. Wu could say was:

 

“He deserves it”

 

Now you were facing the window, you couldn’t even look at her. She was not even a human, how could she stab Luhan like that when the boy did nothing other than trying to protect you?

 

“Low life, look at me” Her voice sounded so elegant but there was hidden meaning inside every beautiful things. For instance, Kris, he was so ily perfect but he was a prisoner. He still got many secrets that he didn’t tell you.

 

But then, maybe he did. He told you about BAP and how his father trusted him that he did nothing wrong.

 

“I need to talk to you about my son,” Mrs. Wu waited for you to turn to her but grunted when you ignored her. “Look, puny girl, my son won’t be free unless I bring him home. I am the only one that can free him”

 

Your eyes squint into slits as you turned to her with a frown, “How?”

 

She smirked at you and cackled, “I got my own ways to free my own son, and I can free him just within few minutes.”

 

Your eyes rounded with twinkling orbs inside your eyes, you grinned, “Really, are you sure?” Imagine Kris, holding you tight while smiling at you, telling you that he was finally free and ready to have you all to his own. Everything would be so perfect.

 

She nodded and looked away, she didn’t hide her smirk. “But, I need you to do one thing for me” she turned to you and smiled, “My son trust you, he will never listen to me. So why don’t you ask him to meet me at the park at 7 pm tonight?”

 

Your heart skipped, was she asking you to hand over Kris to her?

 

“I know my son is irresistible, but you need to let him go. For his own good though,” she turned to you and patted your head. You knew everything was too good to be true; there was always a catch to everything.

 

“He lives with you for quite a long time, little girl. Did he found anything to prove himself innocent to the court? No, instead you cause all the troubles for him. You lure his enemy to your house, thus giving him a very hard time”

 

She stopped patting you and reached out for her bag.

 

“He spent his entire time at your house, but it is not even worth it. Sure maybe he grows feelings for you, but did it ever cross your mind that my son still a prisoner and he did nothing because he is too vulnerable now?” She turned to you and gave you a pity look.

 

You shrunk; she was trying to tell you the truth about how a er you were. If Kris really does want to be innocent, he can straight up to meet his mother but instead he stayed with you, why didn’t he tell you that his mother can free him?

 

He loved you, which were the reason. Or maybe he hated his mother, and he didn’t want money to solve this. He wanted to prove that he was truly innocent, not with money.

 

“Do you love my son?”

 

Her voice was soft and her eyes looked genuine at that moment, you stared at them and nodded weakly. Mrs. Wu gave you one last genuine smile and turned back to her y self.

 

“Then give me Kris, I can free him. But in order to do that, you need to bring him to the park, so I can bring him home. Just one last thing though” She turned to you with a smug face that made you cringed and she giggled.

 

“You need to disappear from his life”

 

The world around you stopped when you heard what the witch had spat at you. You were going to let Kris go to his own mother, was this even worth it?

 

Yes, it is. Your mind whispered and you felt the urge to cry. You felt a lump in your throat and your vision started to become blurry. His mother was the only one that can free him, and he will never be a prisoner anymore.

 

The only thing was you were not ready to let him go.

 

“I’ll take your silence as a yes,” she grinned, obviously knew that she had won at this. She always got things she wanted in ease. Kris was her son; nothing can get into h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter