Chapter 12

The Escaped Prisoner [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Stop it.“

You smiled awkwardly as you shifted your eyes to the three idiots. You don’t want to be rude to them, because after all, you were the one that invited them in, unwillingly. You shifted your gaze to the quiet one and exhaled. Well, at least one of them is quiet.

“I mean it.“

The edge of your lips started to twitch. They didn’t stop bickering with each other ever since you let them in and that was about an hour ago. You swore that this was your biggest mistake ever. You regretted for being nice to them.

Turning to the angry bird, you shot Kris a ‘help’ look but he shot you back his ‘who ask you to let them in’ look. You glared at him and looked away. Then, to your dismay, you saw a cushion came flying towards your way.

You ducked down just in time and you heard a sly voice from the side. “Opps, I didn’t mean to throw it your way." He turned to the guy next to him and flicked his forehead. “It’s your entire fault, Sehun!“

If you haven’t guess it yet, those three idiots were Sehun, Tao and Luhan. And the quiet one was none other than Lay, the arrogant rich boy. Your gaze fall upon each of them and realized something. Wherever Sehun goes, Luhan will always be there. And then wherever Kris goes, Tao will always be there. Like as if they were a couple or something.

Though Lay looked like he was single and solo. Or maybe his partner wasn't here.

Sehun pointed at himself and his eyes shot open. “ME? You’re the one who threw that dang pillow to her direction!" Sehun pushed Tao and Luhan held his ‘lover’ back, you kind of chortled at that thought. “Sehun, Kris will kill you!" He hissed and Sehun flinched when the older one mentioned Kris.

He slowly turned to Kris and Tao smirked in victory. Hyung will always protect me, no matter how annoying I am.

“I'm sorry, okay?! Tao is just so annoying." Sehun complained and Tao puffed his cheeks. “Look who's talking.“

“Tao, can you please lower down your voice? “

Kris’s voice was surprisingly calm, he never use that tone with you before and you couldn’t helped but be envious of dumb Tao. You noticed Kris always used harsh tone when he was talking to you. He showed no kindness when he was with you. But when his friends showed up in front of him, Kris will transform into a completely different person.

Tao pouted at Kris and leaned against the worn out couch, then Lay came into the conversation finally. “Have you eaten, gege?" His eyes were locked with Kris’s eyes. The older guy shook his head. He didn’t swallow anything other than the dinner last night, and the ice cream during his night stroll.

“You look skinny, I’m worried about your health." Although he was calm, his eyes filled with longing. He looked as if he was trying hard not to hug Kris.

Kris sighed and tried his best to sound as calm as possible because among all his friends, Lay was the hardest one to convince. He was observant and quick witted. He would figure out easily that Kris was lying about being fine.

And Kris doesn’t want anyone to worry about him, not after he made them worried sick when he went into prison.

He remembered Tao, who came running into the prison crying when Kris was arrested even though it was against the rule to bawl in the prison office. But Tao was stubborn enough to break the rule shamelessly. All the police came to held him but he was terrifyingly stronger. It was a miracle because Tao was only 16 back then and he can fought with 8 polices at the same time.

“ing let my gege go! He is innocent!“

Kris remembered that day vividly, that was the first time he heard Tao cursed. Tao had been very obedient and never cuss, not even once. But that day he cussed, and Kris knew that Tao blinded with anger.

He shifted his glance towards his other friends, whom he cared as much as he cared about Tao. They came into the prison too, but couldn't find Kris anywhere because Kris hid himself in the prison toilet and asked the police to let him in there until EXO went home.

All of EXO looked as if they wanted to cry, none of them smile or bicker, all of them were confused and angry. For them, Kris had always been there for them and at that moment they came to be there for their dearest leader too, but Kris refused to show his face because he knew, there was nothing they could do.

“Kris? Are you still in there? “

Luhan’s trembling voice snapped Kris out from his flashbacks. The guy blinked several times trying to get himself together. He didn’t realized he was spacing out from every one of you. “I’m fine." Kris managed to groaned and turned to Lay when the guy spoke.

“You need to eat, or you’ll be sick. “

And at that precise moment, your mother shouted from the kitchen, calling everyone to breakfast.

“Thank you for the breakfast~" Luhan chirped when all of you took a seat in the dining table and your mother smiled at him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter