Chapter 4

The Escaped Prisoner [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Before you knew it, morning came.

It took you few moments to feel the warmth next to you started to turn cold. Sudden flashbacks about last night with you, creeping into your mother’s room to sleep, flashed into your mind. Alarmed, your eyes shot open and you met eyes with your mother. She smiled at you with her messy hair, there were more colours on her face now, she was not as pale as before. Which was a big improvement.

A smile crept across your face when you realized your mother got the strength to sit up on the bed. “Mommy, you’re back!" You quickly tackled her.

Indeed she was better, her body felt warmer and the way she hugged you showed that she had more strength. “I feel quite better now." She smiled at you and your hair lovingly. But her hand still trembled slightly when she your hair; she was still weak but definitely better than before.

“I’ll cook breakfast!“ You offered, but you had been cooking breakfast, lunch and dinner ever since your mother became sick. You love to say it just to lighten up the mood.

You immediately ran to the bathroom and wash up. It didn't took you long before you were walking into the kitchen with an apron tied around your waist. You snatched a rubber band off from a drawer and tied your hair up into a messy pony tail. With a smile, you took out few vegetables, some bread and few eggs.

But then something made you stopped halfway. There’s another person in the house. You slowly glanced up the stairs from the kitchen and gulped. Please let everything yesterday be a dream. You put down the cooking utensils and went up the stairs.

By the time you reached your door, you took a deep breath and reached your hand out to the door. You knocked few times and waited for an answer, but there was nothing, the door didn’t budge open. You gnawned on your bottom lip again and knocked once more, but before your fist could hit the wooden the door, it slid opened. And there, your nightmare was standing there.

Stupid Angry Bird.

“What do you want? It’s ing 8 am in the morning. “His tone was plain rude but you coudln't blame him. He was not a nice person to even begin with. He raised a brow at you while frowning. When you didn't answer his question, he leaned on the side of the door and glared at you. “Spill girl, what do you want? “

You gave him an awkward smile, trying very hard not to freak out in front of him. He looked intimidating even when he just woke up with his messy brown hair. “I’m g-going to cook breakfast, d-do you w-want any – “

“NO, I’m not hungry. “

But his belly didn’t listen to him because at that precise moment, his stomach growled. He blinked at his tummy and turned to stare at you, as if he dared you to laugh at him. You were having a hard time trying not to laugh at him.“Fine, I’ll go down. Now get out of my sight so I can wash up. “

BANG!

The door slammed again, it was your second time being slammed across the face by a door, not to mention your own bedroom door. With your face all crumbled up again, you stomped your feet and walked down to the kitchen.

I shouldn’t care about his appetite. You complained to yourself. I should've just leave him starve in my room and just let him die there.

 

 

 

Not long after you had settled down the eggs on the bread, footsteps started to approach the kitchen. You glanced up and you blinked, in front of you was none other than the prisoner. You still didn't know his name though and somehow it made you mad.

He raised a brow at you and walked to the table then sat down on one of the chair. Look at him, being all comfortable in my property. You glared at him when he wasn’t looking, because that was the only way you can do it. Whenever he met eyes with you, you couldn't helped but become scared and weak.

He’s a prisoner, so of course I’m scared.

You reminded yourself that as you placed the vegetables on the side with BBQ sauce. He looked around the kitchen when you set the plate in front of him, in an instant; he shot you a cold stare as he started to dig in.

You stared at him while he was eating, he didn’t glance up at you so it was your chance to get a good look at him. He was still wearing his torn jeans and black t-shirt, he wasn’t wearing his jacket and he didn’t put on his hat. Should I buy any new clothes for him? Since he doesn't have any clothes with him other than this. Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter