Epilogue

The Escaped Prisoner [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“You can’t meet her before the wedding, or you’ll bring bad luck.”

 

Tao glared at Kris, who laid on the bed with his legs dangling at the edge. He groaned when s started filling his bedroom. Damn. He wanted you in the bedroom, not EXO. “I need to see her.” Kris sat up with a pout and EXO swore they wanted to kick Kris right there so hard in his crotch.

“You’ll get to see her every day after you’re married. So man up and stop whining.” Lay lectured Kris and grabbed his wrist, pulling him out from the room. He obediently followed Lay like a lost puppy.

The guy could not stop whining though, but he paused for awhile and stared at EXO questioningly. “Why are you all dragging me out from my room?” He squint his eyes at every one of them, judging them, hard.

Luhan slapped his own forehead and sighed at his leader. “You’re having a party, duizhang. It’s a tradition to have party. ____ is having her own party at her own house too.” Just by hearing your name, Kris started whining again.

“I need to call her –“Kris pushed through EXO but was yet again, dragged away by Kai and Tao. These two had grown so much that their muscles were huge. Kris admitted his lost. He had no choice but to limp his way down to his party.

The one he did not want to attend.

His mom was the first person to greet him when he stepped his foot in the living room. The lady was so excited. It annoyed Kris that she was taking over everything but he was thankful that his mother had moved on from the entire I-hate-poor-people thing.

She did not want to ruin Kris’s relationship anymore, not when Kris had helped to grow her company.

Kris even opened up his own company after that, it became a prestigious company in Seoul and Kris’s mother could never shut up about it. She was proud of her son.

“Where’s dad?” Kris could not hide his enthusiasm and waved his EXO away when Kris’s mother told him that his father was in the kitchen. “I’ll be right back.” Kris nod at his mother and his friends.

Though, even when he was walking away from EXO, he still had his eyes on his friends.

He saw Kai was talking to someone through his phone. That shy smile appeared upon Kai’s lips told Kris that Krystal was on the line. After years of bonding their relationship, Kai had gathered his courage to ask Krystal out. Krystal was over at your house along with Girls Generation, Yeon Hee and Won Hee.

Kai was happy, that was all Kris wanted to see.

Kris tore his eyes away from Kai and watched his EXO with a proud face, as if he was the father to EXO. Things had changed so much after all these years. All the members had become successful in their own ways.

Suho decided to invest his money and eventually, he became a billionaire. Of course, Kris helped him in few points but then Suho deserved this. D.O and Kai, these two had opened up a new restaurant, just beside your new renovated family restaurant.

Baekhyun had opened up his own cosmetic store while Chanyeol decided to help out his family business, he had opened up few different stores, and one of them was a restaurant. Sehun though, decided to work with Kris, because Luhan was working in Dragon Enterprise.

Lay had his own company, but Kris was one of the share holders. Not that Lay mind about it though, he trusted his duizhang after all. Xiumin, the same as Luhan and Sehun, he worked with Kris too. They were always the loyal ones.

Tao on the other hand, still could not decide what he wanted to do. But he was coaching students for Wushu and he seemed to enjoy it a lot. Chen, the troll king, decided to work on and off in between Lay and Kris’s company.

He was taking advantage of these two CEO. Kris would definitely punish him one day. Lay was the one that came up with the idea.

I am proud of them. Kris smiled and as if they sensed their leader was looking at their way, all of them turned their heads and gave him that adoring smiles that Kris loved a lot. ‘Enjoy the party!’ Kris mouthed and walked into the kitchen.

The old man behind the kitchen counter was happily frying his chickens. Kris never liked chickens though, but if his father cooked it, Kris would take few taste of it because he did not want to be rude. Chicken was not his style after all but it could be an exception for his father.

“You’re here, my boy.” He smiled brightly at Kris and the guy grinned, childishly slipping onto a stool and watched his father fried the chicken thigh. “Want to taste it?” Mr. Wu gave Kris a piece of the chicken but Kris shook his head.

“Chicken is not my style.”

Mr. Wu ignored Kris though. He shoved the chicken into his son’s mouth and earned an angry grunt from Kris. “Dad, I said chicken is not my – oh damn, this is good.” His eyes widened but shrunk and apologized quickly when his father snapped at him for saying ‘damn’ word.

After few more yelling, his father finally stopped. Though, he had this expression that Kris could not put a finger on so he decided to ask his father. “What’s the matter, father?” His voice was quiet. Thank God that this party were just family and friends so the house was not that crowded.

“I heard from your mother, that you hadn’t been the best son.”

Kris instantly snorted, “She hadn’t been the best mother too.”

“Yifan, where are your manners?”

Mr. Wu gave Kris a sharp look and the guy sighed. “Fine, I am sorry. Mom just pisses me off. Even earlier today, it’s as if this is her party instead of mine.”

“You know your mother, Yifan. You’re going to get married tomorrow, and in the future, you will be a father. But always remember this, Yifan. You will never be here if it weren’t for your mother. If you are not born on this earth, you will never meet your girl that you called baby wolf.” Mr. Wu smirked.

Oh hell, like father like son.

“She knows she did wrong, that’s why she helped you arranged your wedding, your honeymoon, your flight tickets. So don’t be so hard on her.” Mr. Wu handed Kris a fried chicken thigh and Kris took it without hesitate.

Fine, maybe mom wasn’t so bad. Kris nodded and watched his father reached out to grab his hand. Mr. Wu looked up and locked his gaze with Kris. He suddenly had the urge to hug his father, he looked o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter