Chapter 78

The Escaped Prisoner [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“It’s so cold.”

You pulled your cardigan tightly around your body while puffing your cheeks, trying to ignore the cold Han River winds but failed terribly. You started to regret coming to Han River, but thank God Han River was a beautiful place or else you were already back in the car.

“I need scarf.” You hopelessly looked around the row of stalls and sighed in relief when you saw the stall at the end, they were selling clothes as souvenirs. Hope there’s scarf in there somewhere. You lowered your head and skipped toward the stall.

When you arrived at the front, the stall was small but it was tidy and the old lady behind it looked friendly. The old lady glanced up at you and gave you a genuine smile. It made an unconscious smile spread across your lips.

“May I help you?” She smiled as she gestured her stall with her weak arm. “Do you have any scarf?” You whispered at her and the old lady blinked. “Young lady, why are you whispering?” She whispered back at you with a grin.

“I don’t know.” You whispered again and the both of you laughed. “Aigoo, it’s been a while young ladies that are as cheerful as you appear in front of me.” A little hint of sadness appeared within her old crinkly eyes.

Your face softened as the old lady smiled once again but the smile does not reach her eyes. “I have two left. Both of them are red” You glanced down at the scarf and nodded. “I’ll take it.” You paid the lady and took the scarf.

Waving her goodbye, you walked away from the stall while wrapping the scarf around your neck.

“Bottles for sale so come here and grab it!”

Your head snapped towards the stall that sold bottles and your eyes twinkled, you wanted to buy a bottle, you will go for an interview tomorrow at a new company so a bottle would be easy to bring along.

“I will have one.” You took the red bottle with black top and paid for it. Staring at the bottle, you gently rubbed the plastic cover.

And then, that ing moment happened.

The side of your bottle reflected someone standing beside you with a familiar face. Shock stirred into your veins when you realized that face was none other than, Wu Yi Fan. You instantly glanced up to see him but your shoulders deflated as soon as you saw the guy.

It was not Kris.

The guy had blonde hair and a tall lean body, but his eyes were small unlike Kris’s and his jaw was not sharp. Your heart instantly sank in disappointment.

I think I really should go.

Your lips quivered as tears started dripping down from your eyes down to your cheeks. The guy that sold you the bottle gave you a worried look when he saw your tears under the dim light.

“Miss, are you okay?” You turned to him and shook your head then without a word, you quickly ran away from the stall towards your car.

 

 

 

Coming here was a bad idea after all.

 

 

“I came here for an interview.”

 

The secretary at the counter looked up. She was flawless and you shrunk at her beauty. She had eyes that were glistening, high cheekbones and perfectly shaped face. Her lips looked voluptuous in red.

She stared at you for a moment before looking at her screen, “What’s your name?” Ouch. The way she spoke to you, she doesn’t seem to like you.

You told her your name and she glanced up once again, this time, her eyes were wide opened and was slightly apart. Why is her face like that? You blinked at her as she stood up and bowed at you.

Oh my God, why?

“The CEO is waiting for you at the top floor. You will find the office easily.” She finally looked up at you and smiled nervously. “You can see marble desks in front of the office.”

“Thank you.” You nodded your head at her and walked toward the elevator with a confused face. Why that secretary looked so shocked when I told her my name?

Shaking off the thoughts, you stepped into the elevator and pressed ‘90’. The company was so successful that their building had 90 floors and it was the biggest company in Seoul. You were lucky to get this interview, now you just hoped that they will give you the job.

When you arrived at the floor, you saw 10 women like you were sitting in front of the office. They were wearing high waist skirt with white button up shirts that clung on their skin, showing off their curves.

You stared down at your outfit and gulped. You just wore lacy dress that showed few of your curves and you did not wear anything underneath except for your pink with black lace lingerie. I hope what I’m wearing is good enough. You walked toward the office and took a number and you glared at it.

‘11’

Oh darn, I hate waiting.

When you finally found an empty seat, you sat down and took out your phone. Just when you glanced down your phone, you overheard few girls talking at the side.

“I hope I can seduce him.”

The girl with her hair tied into a bun grinned. “I’m wearing a red lacy bra, is it obvious?” Sure enough, when you glanced at her, the red colour of her bra was clear especially when she was wearing white.

This is an interview, not date. You glanced down your phone again and heard them whispering.

“I heard this CEO is very picky, but when he chooses an employee, that employee can stay here very long.” The blonde haired girl furrowed her brows.

The shortest one among them shook her head. “Let’s rehearse out lines again for the interview.”

What?

Why are they rehearsing lines?! You started panicking when the blonde haired girl took out a small paper and started asking the short girl questions. The short girl instantly answered her professionally and you gawked.

You don’t even know how to answer half of those questions but the short girl can. I am screwed. You nibbled your bottom lip and watched the office’s door opened. To your dismay, a red haired girl came running out with her hand clasped over .

Everyone glanced up and saw her crying as she ran toward the elevator.

Oh God, this is not a joke.

“Dragon Enterprise seems strict.” The girl beside you smiled nervously at you and you nodded. Taking a chance to peer down at her number, she was holding ‘10’. “I am Fei, by the way.” Fei reached out her hand and you shook it while telling her your name.

“Good luck.” Both of you smiled at each other.

After an hour passed by, your heart sank deeper and deeper each time a woman came out from the office crying like there was no tomorrow. So far, none of them came out with a happy face. One by one went in and now you were the only one left outside the office.

Fei just went in not long ago.

Your fingers were getting colder and your heart was about to jumped out from your mouth when the office door opened. The tenth girl turned to you with a smile, Fei was not crying. “I got a job as an employee for sales.”

“Congrats!” You stood up and bowed at her and watched her walked toward the elevator.

And then realization struck you like a rock when the woman that was behind the desk in front of the office, called your name.

It’s my turn, please let me be brave. You took a deep breath and pushed the door opened, you almost forgot to knock. When you stuck your head into the office, it was empty. Confused, you turned to the woman at the desk.

“There’s no one there.” You blinked at her and she smiled. “He went into the washroom.” Oh. You nodded and walked into the office and closed the door behind you.

The office was gray and white in colour. There was a desk at the end of the room with a magnificent view of Seoul at the ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter