Chapter 16

The Escaped Prisoner [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A week went by and now it was time for groceries shopping. The food in your house usually last up to 2 or 3 weeks but your mother kept on cooking for ‘her’ Luhan and Sehun; Mumyeong, Kris. Not a surprise at all that the food were gone within few days.

“I’ll be back." You closed the bedroom door shut after saying goodbye to your mother and turned to the living room. “Stupid girl “Kris’s annoyed voice grumbled across the couch; he was sitting on the floor with his back facing you while Mumyeong was on the couch, wagging her cute small tail at him excitedly.

Kris nudged the puppy’s nose and tickled the side of her stomach, making Mumyeong fall down with her back against the couch; she was indeed enjoying the moment. Kris tickled her stomach suddenly and Mumyeong used her paws to push Kris’s finger away, but her strength was too tiny compared to Kris so at the end, Mumyeong let Kris tickled her.

“I’m going out. “

You mentally cursed yourself when you told Kris that, because he ignored you completely with his attentions focused on Mumyeong and only her. A sudden faint image of Tao came into your mind out of the sudden as your shoulders deflated.

Tao must hate on you right now, hard, because you broke him and Kris, his beloved apart. Tao didn’t visit Kris anymore after that awkward incident he witnessed in the bathroom when you and Kris both were trying to clean Mumyeong that day. Only Sehun and Luhan came, they got brought Kai too and Kai never stop bugging you with his flirty self. And then yesterday they brought along D.O to visit Kris, it was very nice to see D.O here with his confused big eyes.

But Kai never stop bickering with D.O.

“Buy something for Mumyeong. “Kris said without looking at you, his attention was still sticking onto his puppy. “Whatever “You glared a hole at Kris’s back for his ignoring-you rudeness and stormed out of the door then slammed it shut. You swore you heard Kris laughed in side but decided to mark it as an imagination. Because for all you knew – Kris never laughs, especially not when you’re around him.

 

“Where’s the cabbage? “

Your lips slightly quirked downwards and frowned deeply. Being in a big supermarket was never your choice, but your mother listed everything on the list that can only purchase in the supermarket in Seoul City. You had to take a bus ride despite the cold weather.

If only Kris never step into my life in the first place.

You groaned and stumped your feet as you stormed towards the food area. “Cabbage, where are you?! “You threw your arms in the air and puffed your cheeks. “It’s okay, I can skip to another things first. “You glanced down at the list and your shoulders slumped down, the list was so long and you only found butter and bread.

“This is getting annoying. “

Weird glances shot your way because of your self-talking moment; the customers mostly thought you’re insane for talking alone to yourself. So what? You glared at the next number that listed ‘milk’.

You sighed and glanced around to find the milk, then you spotted it in the big refrigerator at the side leaning against the wall; with a smile, you walked towards it and reached out to take few boxes of milk out and placed it in the cart.

“Now, I need to find some cereal. “You perked your head up and spotted the sign labeled ‘breakfast’. While heaving a deep sigh, you pushed the cart forward and proceeded towards the section. You usually eat corn flakes so you thought of it when you reached the section. It was not far away from the spot where you were standing with the still empty cart, so you left your cart there and walked up to the corn flakes section.

“ “You muttered under your breath. Your height was so small that you can’t even reached out to take the corn flakes, it was quite stupid for anyone to put things like that so way up high without a ladder at the side.

I can do this. You nodded to yourself and tip your toes to reach higher, but it was no use, you made a fool out of yourself and from a far, you swore you heard a lot snickers coming out from customers. And they won’t even offer any help. You rolled your eyes and reached higher up.

The tip of your finger reached the side of the cereal box and your eyes immediately twinkled with happiness. Yes, almost there! You reached higher up and pushed forward, but that was a stupid move to even to begin with.

Because the box went stumbling forward and down to your face; your mouth gap opened and you squealed then shut your eyes firmly while waiting for the impact. You’re expecting the box to slam into your face, but all you can feel was another body leaned against the back of yours.

Your body immediately tensed up.

You don’t really like skin ship, so when Kris was leaning against yours during the wash Mumyeong-session was a hell for you. Well, not really hell. And to add on something like this, you’re frightened especially when some stranger were leaning into you.

“Do you need any help? “

The voice echoed with a faint chuckle, your eyes opened up instantly. You knew that voice clearly; it was cold but somehow charming. In an instant, you turned your body to face the person, and your guess was indeed, correct.

It was none other than Zhang Yi Xing.

Or people called him with the charming and simple name called –

Lay.

“Why didn’t Kris come? “Lay immediately paused when he asked that and then looked away. “I forgot, he’s wanted. “He shook his head and turned back to you with a small smile, the smile that was always given out by Kris. But Lay was more to adorable, unlike Kris, that person always let out evil and mystery aura.

He was so forgetful that he forgotten that Kris broke out of the prison, he was too pre-occupied himself with – things.

You took a step away and stared up at him, then slowly you gave him an awkward smile; which made Lay raised a brow at your reaction. But then a small smirk appeared upon his lips; everything will be fun, especially when he already aimed you as a victim to test Kris ever since day one.

Duizhang fall for a girl like her, how childish.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter