Chapter 39

The Escaped Prisoner [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Oh yeah, my friend's suggestion for the Rated story worked (i think, because after she posted it, Jason posted that rated stories can be voted) ! So now rated stories can be voted and be featured, but the featured rated stories can only be found on the rated tags *O* Thanks Sabrinasheirly!

Jason : Rated stories can now be voted on for featured. Caveat: featured will only show in sidebar of Rated sections. Cannot do more than this. (via twitter)

The sunlight shone from above, air around the place was fresh and moist. The people around brought their kids to the theme park, making their children grinned widely.

“Mommy, look!” The little girl squealed and pointed at the Mickey Mouse that stood in front of the gate, welcoming everyone to Disney Land.

Her mother smiled and bent down to carry her. She softly nuzzled her daughter’s nose and brought her in the gate. The sight was so sweet; it made you felt like you wanted to have your own child. Seeing children happy was a sweet prize.

“_____” Lay tugged you closer to him; that made you glanced up at him with a confused face. “You’re spacing out” He gave you a worried look and examined you properly. You felt slightly awkward when his eyes roamed around your body.

“I’m fine”, you waved it away and turned back to the view. Both of you were almost at the main entrance. All you had to do now was to buy tickets. “I’ll go to the ticket booth.” Lay eyed you for a moment and heaved a sigh.

“You won’t run away, right?”

That hurt you a bit, it made you cringed. You had no idea why on earth did you misunderstood Lay’s intentions, but the way he acted back at the suite was inappropriate. Girl as naïve as you would definitely thought otherwise. And anyways, you were in Los Angeles now. There was no place for you to run because you don't know L.A. that much.

 

“Promise me you won’t run away when we go to Disney Land,” he gave you a worried look when both of you settled in the living room after what happened.

You hesitate for a moment and Lay started to become anxious. “____, I told you before, I won’t hurt you. Why can’t you just believe me?” He plead with his eyes, they were different from the ones you saw when Lay caught you talking with Luhan.

These were soft and gentle, not hard and cold.

“____,” he spoke your name once more, it made you glanced up at him from across the table and bit your bottom lip nervously. “Lay, I’m sorry; I didn’t know what I was thinking”

Lay halted and blinked at you, he didn’t saw that coming. He thought you would say something else other than the sudden ‘sorry’.

“I doubted you, I – I shouldn’t have. You see, your actions, they were weird and it freaks me out. Why are you doing these to me? Bringing me out on a date that turns out to be this and wanting to share a bed with me and hugged me?” Lay wanted to answer at that point but you cut in, you were not quite finish yet – not even close.

“Okay maybe the hugging thing is okay since your friends hug me. But that wasn’t my point. My point is why are you doing this to me? I’m confused, your friends are confused too, and they thought you want to hurt me.” You crossed your arms over your chest weakly and sighed.

“Mind telling me what your plan is?”

Lay stared at you for a moment before answering you, “My intensions are simple and short, but is sincere.” He stared straight into your eyes and whispered the next line that made your eyes widened.

 

“We’re here because I want you to be mine.”

 

Lay came out from the line and quickly ran to the spot where you were standing as quickly as possible. To tell you the truth, he just knew you would run away. Your body languages all the way from the hotel to Disney Land were stiff and awkward. It was so obvious that you were still afraid of him.

But when Lay saw you were standing there with a sweet little kid beside you, his heart instantly softened. His pace slowed and his lips quirked up.

She’s still here.

He smiled and walked toward you. The little kid that was standing with you bowed her head before walking away. She gave you a little present though – a lollipop – because you accompanied her while her mother went to buy the tickets.

You waved at the loving family and turned around; only to come face to face with the Horse God, Zhang Yi Xing.

He peered to the side and caught a glimpse of the little girl earlier. “I see you made friends”, he turned back to you and caught you staring at him with a pale face. His heart clenched again and he sighed. This is going to be harder that I thought; he thought and reached out for your hand nervously.

When you felt his hand slipped into yours and intertwined fingers, you didn’t flinched. Partly because you knew Lay just wanted to spend his time with you. Well, you already knew Lay liked you because he had confessed it earlier in the suite.

The feelings were new and definitely positive. But still your heart and stomach didn’t flutter when Lay said he wanted to make you his.

“Let’s go,” he pulled you to the gate and brought you in. Big and tall statues greeted you, along with fun rides and cute goodies. Your eyes sparkled with interest and Lay chuckled. Seeing your face lightened like that made his heart softened. “This place is beautiful”, you commented and started to fly toward a booth that sell cute head bands.

Lay watched you from behind and smiled to himself. “You’re more beautiful,” he whispered and sighed dreamily to himself. For a second there he was not acting like the cold hearted Lay, but it was worth it.

With a big shaky breath he inhaled, he stepped forward to your direction. By the time he reached there, you were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter