Chapter 5

The Escaped Prisoner [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Miss, two more hot milo please! “

“Can I have a cup of hot coffee? “

“Miss, where’s the menu?“

“I’m coming!" You turned to the side and placed the plate onto the table. After collected the money, you did the same to the others and then came back into the kitchen.

The coffee shop was small, so everything was connected with each other. The kitchen, the counter and the sleeping bed were all connected to one another in one row; the kitchen was in front while the counter was in the middle and last, the sleeping bed was on the right side. The bed was covered up by the two big book shelves side by side, making it looked like a room with wooden walls while the tables for customers were placed in front.

Remember when Kris told you that he would stare at you while you were working? He was not joking at all. Kris was sitting on the bed while staring at you when you were doing your job. You felt very uncomfortable with his sharp and dark eyes stuck permanently on you wherever you go.

And he didn’t even offer to help you.

You were busy making bread and coffee so soon after that, you had completely forgotten that Kris was in the shop staring at you. After 2 hours of non-stop working, finally all the customers slowly left and you can finally breathe again. Daily routine had always been like that, during breakfast and lunch hour, the shop will be packed with customers. But during the evening, there will not be as much customers.

“Oh god, I’m so tired.“ You slumped down at the counter and cupped your cheeks. I'm used to it. You grabbed a bottle of water and gulped down the cool liquid. Unknowingly, your eyes shifted towards Kris. When you spotted the stranger, you saw that he was lying on the bed with his back facing you. You blinked several times before you asked.

“Are you asleep? “

When he didn't respond, you assumed that he was asleep. "Kris?" You frowned and stood up, but before you could reach to him, you heard someone coughed beside you. Alarmed, your head snapped to the sound and, for pit's sake, you almost choked. It was a cop.

No wonder Kris is sleeping.

“Miss, is everything alright in here?" He glanced towards Kris’s sleeping figure and turned back to you. You gulped down a lump and tried your best to smile naturally. “Oh yes, everything is fine, why wouldn’t it be?" You tried to make your voice sound as calm as possible. If you were caught helping a prisoner you’ll be sent to jail. Going to jail was the last thing you wanted to do.

The police gave you a hard and long look before he spoke. “A prisoner escaped yesterday, didn’t you read or watch the news?“

You cleared your throat and shook your head. “I don’t have a TV at home, and I definitely don’t have time to read newspaper." It was true though, you really don’t have any time to read newspaper. "But I heard the news through the radio."

The police nodded and explained to you that the prisoner was a murderer, so if anything suspicious was going on the police must be there on time. “What does he looked like?“ You found yourself asking and the police answered you, totally unaware that the prisoner he was talking about was in the shop.

“He’s tall, well, majority guys in Korea are tall though. But he's a Chinese. So I guess you can see the difference." He laughed and then continued. “His hair is charcoal black. “

Chinese? Charcoal black?

You tried your best to nod at the police calmly. “I’ll try and look out for the prisoner." You gave him your best I-am-not-lying smile as he bowed his head. “Have a safe day miss. Let's hope that you won't bump into this prisoner." Then with a smile, he was out of sight. Oh, if only he knew. You gritted your teeth and cursed. Why didn't the cop realize that the prisoner is here?! You couldn't surpress your groan.

Stupid cop.

You took a deep breath and turned back to Kris. Then you cringed, because he was sitting on the bed again while staring at you with his arms crossed. You let your gaze glided towards his hair, then back to his face, and then glanced up at his hair again.

Kris rolled his eyes and scoffed. “I dyed my hair into light brown." He seemed to know what was in your mind as you nodded at him. You opened your mouth to ask why he was a murderer but again, it was interrupted by a loud voice.

“GIRLFRIEND, I’M HERE! “

Kris raised a brow as you turned to the person immediately. He was a tall boy with dark hair, his was tan and he wore a red blazer over his black tank top, he was wearing a black torn jean while his shoes are red in colour.

He waved at you and ran to the counter. While grinning, he leaned against the counter and reached out for your face. Startled, you took a step back before he could lay his finger on you. No one, I repeat, no one can lay a finger on you. The guy saw how you reacted to him and he chuckled. “Feisty, me likey~ “

“JR hyung, you must wait for us!“ A yellow haired boy walked in. He was wearing a pink blazer with a baby blue shirt. He pouted at JR then turned to you, instantly, his gaze turned into a glare as he sat down on one of the chairs. "I don't like her at all, hyung." He puffed.

Don't worry, I don't like you too. You raised a brow mockingly at him.

JR shrugged at you with an innocent face. “He’s always like that, so you should ignore Ren." He turned to Ren but Ren ignored him. “What a !" JR joked, trying to provoke Ren and Ren, the stupid boy took his bait. “SHUT UP! I’M A YOU STUPID HYUNG! “

“Shut up, Ren." Another boy came in as he pulled JR away from you and pushed him towards the table. “Aron hyung, stop doing that, I’m your leader!" JR growled at Aron but Aron ignored him by sitting on the chair next to Ren.

Then there were two more boys came in, one of them greeted you and ordered a coffee, you nodded as he turned to the table and sat beside JR. He was the only member that never pissed you off.

"Minhyun, Aron is being mean to me again." JR complained but Minhyun just gave JR a small awkward smile and looked away staring into space. JR glared at Minhyun then turned to the toughest looking guy among all of them. “Baekho hyung – “

Baekho ignored JR immediately and turned to you. “Hey, aren’t you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter