Chapter 7

The Escaped Prisoner [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Mom, you look beautiful. “

You smiled at your mother affectionately. Your mother mirrored your smile and then grabbed the comb. “Come here, I’ll help you with your hair." She gestured you over as you swiftly sat in front of her.

It was 7.30 in the morning and the both of you were getting ready to visit your father’s grave. You never stopped by the grave ever since your mother fell sick, but now she was healthier than before so you took this chance to go and visit your father’s grave.

Through the mirror, you saw your mother’s reflection. She wore a long black dress with her hair tied in a bun. She put on some BB cream and some eye shadow so she won’t look that pale. There were wrinkles around her eyes and forehead, making your heart softened.

You on other hand wore a black mini tube dress that covers your thighs. Your shoulders and collar bone were exposed, and on your neck you put on the necklace your dad bought for you when you were 10. Unlike your mother, you let your hair down to your shoulders, showing off your natural wavy hair.

“There, your hair is done." Your mother cupped your face and smiled at you through the mirror. You couldn't helped but to smiled back at her. “I’ll go to the kitchen to pack some food for later." Patting your shoulders, she took a step away from you and walked towards the door.

“Go get Kris down here for me, okay? “

Your mother shot you her sweetest smile and went off to the kitchen, leaving you sitting there in front of the dressing table like a statue.

“NO! We’re not bringing that guy to dad’s grave! “

You finally found your strength back and stormed out of the room through the kitchen. You leaned against the door and pressed your cheek against the doorframe while pouting at your mother.

“Mom, please, I want me and you. Only us! No one else." You straightened yourself and crossed your arms over your chest. But your mother was too busy with the picnic bag that she didn’t even bother to turn around and see what you were doing.

“Don't be a party pooper. We can bring him along, if he doesn’t want to come –" She stopped packing and turned to you. “- we can leave him here in the house, happy?" Your mother tilted her head sideways with her hands rested on her hips.

You beamed at her and nodded, then without complaining anything again, you ran up the stairs and walked straight towards your room.

Kris won’t be going anyway. You grinned and stopped in front of the door. He doesn’t even want to come down for breakfast when I called him yesterday. You smiled broadly as you knocked on the door. He will definitely say no.

You embraced yourself with all your confidence and waited for the door to slam open, but there was no answer. Blinking, you knocked on the door once more and waited. Still no answer.

Heart thumping, you turned the door knob and pushed the door wide opened. When you saw that Kris was not in the room, you panicked. Where did he go?! Your head snapped to left and right to make sure Kris wasn't hiding in the corners. He escaped? But I thought he wants to live here until his case closed.

With a frown, you walked out of your room and walked down to the kitchen. You thought you should be happy and feel relieved that Kris had gone away, but your heart and mind said otherwise. The cops were tracking him down, since he was a prisoner. But then yesterday when his friends were by his side, Kris showed you humanity. He was not that bad.

“Mom, he’s not – “

You were about to turned to the kitchen to break the news to your mother that Kris had already gone home but something caught your eye, there was something moving behind your house’s back door. With rounded eyes, you turned to the direction and your jaw dropped.

Standing there was none other than Kris, the person that you thought had already gone far away from your house.

His hair was neatly styled like an idol, showing his pierced ears. He was wearing a tuxedo with a black tie and the sight of him wearing something this formal, you couldn't helped but to be mesmerized. Kris was dusting his trousers but when he felt someone was watching him, he glanced up and locked gazes with you.

You gulped.

Kris smirked.

Your eyes widened.

He raised a brow mockingly at you.

With Kris’s sharp eyes stared into your eyes, your legs suddenly gone wobbly. Kris held the gaze long enough and neither one of you wanted to look away, not even Kris himself even though he hated your guts. His eyes trailed down to your dress and down to your legs, and then slowly he glanced up to your face and smirked at you.

“Am I that handsome? “

That snapped you out of your thoughts as you shut your mouth and glared at him. “No you’re not handsome! Not even close to handsome." You made a Tsk sound and stormed into the kitchen.

Kris chuckled at your actions before he stepped into the kitchen.

“Goodmorning, I’m ready." He bowed at your mother politely and your mother smiled at him. “Kris, you look wonderful!" She nodded approvingly at Kris and smiled. “No wonder my daughter wants you as her boyfriend! “

You sighed and you slumped down on the nearest chair. You don’t have the strength to argue with your mother anymore about Kris.

Kris on the other side was enjoying himself, the way your lips curled down into a deep frown made Kris thought twice about girls like you actually existed.

You felt Kris staring at you so you glanced up and shot him a spiteful glare. “What are you looking at? “

“Now now, it’s already 8, we should go. “Your mother took the picnic basket and walked out of the kitchen counter and through the door. Kris was a quick guy; he swiftly slipped into the space of the basket and hooked it into his fingers. “I’ll carry the food. “He offered kindly like a gentleman, not to mention like a good son in law.

You narrowed your eyes and rolled it sideways. He can be an actor.

Your mother placed her hand on her chest and smiled at Kris with her eyes twinkled. “Aww, you’re very nice. “She turned to you and shot you a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter