Chapter 1

The Escaped Prisoner [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 “____? “

Hearing your name, you peeked through the door with a big smile. Your eyes sparkled with glee when you saw your mother woke up. "Yes mom?" You walked towards your mother’s bed and sat on the side. While tugging your mother’s pillow, you smiled again. “How are you feeling?" You gently tug a strand of her hair to the back of her ear.

Your mother smiled at you affectionately. “I feel a lot better than yesterday. “

The smile that plastered across your face slowly stretched an inch wider. “I’m going out to buy the groceries right? “You leaned down to her and lovingly kissed her forehead while she nodded.

Then she coughed.

“Yes. Don't be late okay? “Your mother rubbed her thumb against the back of your hand as you nodded. Before you leave, you tugged your mother warmly into her blanket and kissed her forehead once more.

With one last glance at your mother, you walked out of the room and slowly closed the door.

Without making any sound, you went into your room and grabbed the white envelope. Inside the envelope was your one year salary, 700 dollars. It was not much, especially when 500 dollars was for your mother’s medical. And the remaining was for the bills and foods.

Gripping your envelope firmly, you smiled. Finally, all your hard work paid off, you were going to buy your mother’s medicine and she would recover soon. She had been sick ever since your father died 4 years ago when you were 12 years old. Your mother never seemed to stop coughing and it got worst recently. She refused to tell you anything.

Due to her health, your mother stopped working and you have no choice but to work for her at your family's small coffee shop that your dad left for you and you’ve been working there ever since. Though the money was barely enough, you were forced to work at a part time job at night without getting caught by your mother.

You can’t even attend school due to lack of money, you loved to study so it was a great lost for you. But you managed to earn some extra money to buy books for yourself to study at the morning.

Life is unfair. You sighed as you put on a jacket and walked out of your room. But I'll be strong for my mother. Glancing back at your mother’s door, a small smile appeared on your face. Just wait for me mommy, I’ll work harder for you so you can recover.

 

 

You placed all the groceries on the counter as the girl scanned it one by one. You stared at the amount while nibbling your bottom lip nervously. Please let the amount not be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter