Chapter 21

The Escaped Prisoner [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris stayed on his spot and didn’t move, not even an inch. He had put on his poker face and he didn’t glance towards your direction anymore. Common sense, you knew what you need to do now and that was to be quiet.

“Fancy meeting you here “

The guy sneered in a way you can’t explain; it was gruesome and ugly but his voice was y. Kris didn’t flinch, his eyes twitched with irritation instead.

Standing in front of Kris, was the guy that framed Kris. Because of this cruel person, Kris was locked up into the bars and became a prisoner; even though he did nothing wrong.

Kris didn’t say a word, there was no sound coming out from the tall guy, but from afar you can see that he was in his instinct mode; preparing for any sudden attacks that the enemies will launch unexpectedly. The guy though, grinned wickedly at Kris; he pointed his index finger at Kris and then slightly smiled. “Thanks to you, I’m free like the wind~ “He sing-song, making Kris became rigid; he angrily clenched his fist, turning his own knuckles into white.

this .

The guy paused, and then smirked at Kris once again. “You are too naïve back then, my friend. “He emphasized the ‘friend’ word and Kris winced with disgust. The person in front of him was never near the word called ‘friend’. He was the cruelest person Kris have ever met and regretted everything.

“I’m not your friend. “Kris gritted his teeth and his breath; he was trying so hard to calm down because you were there, watching his every moves and feared that anything bad will happen to him. “I am never your friend, deal with it. “Kris finally said in a low voice, he was controlling his feelings very well.

The guy sneered at Kris and then laughed with his friends. “Oh~ that hurt me a lot, buddy “

You frowned, for some reason you felt irritated by the way they treated Kris. With full of anxiety, you glanced over the bush to see Kris, and you spotted him just few meters away from the swings. He looked angry and mostly crushed, his face was all crumpled up in a way that you wanted to ran to him and cradle him into your arms.

But you can’t, not now.

“You’re lucky we didn’t report you now “The guy smiled at Kris slyly and laughed. “I want you to suffer being a runaway prisoner; I bet you can’t even go out, only past midnight you can. “He wiped away his fake tears and then gestured his hands to his gang. “Let’s go “

He turned to Kris and winked. “We will certainly meet again, my friend. For sure I’ll find you, just wait. “He even got the guts to wave at Kris like he did nothing wrong and walked away with his friends.

Kris didn’t even bother to say anything. This ing guy ruined him, he ruined Kris’s life; took away his freedom; took away everything. If only he wasn’t so naïve back then, none of this would happen.

The guy turned halfway and smiled at Kris. “I got a bar to attend – “He waved once more “- so don’t even think I let you off the hook. “He gave Kris an ugly crooked smile and turned away from Kris.

When they’re out of the sight, Kris slumped down onto the bench with his hands covering his frustrated face. Almost like forever, Kris finally called out for you. “You can come out now “His voice was low and shaky, but you heard it loud and clear because the park was dead quiet.

You slowly crawled out from underneath the bush and dusted the dirt off your knees, you arms and your . Then with a deep breath you held in your throat, you walked towards Kris and sat down beside him; not too near though, because dark aura was glistening all around him.

“You okay? “

You asked that, and it was stupid because it was clearly very obvious that Kris was not ‘okay’. He was not even near to ‘okay’, he was frustrated and angry. It ran into his spine and nerves in a way that if you’re not there, he will actually take a suicide road.

But you’re there, and he needed you badly.

Slowly he lifted his face from his hands and stared at you. Your concerned face was making his insides tingling with warmness, your eyes filled with warm and love made him wanted to pull you into a big hug.

And he did, almost.

He reached out his hands for you and you blinked at his sudden moves, but halfway reaching you, Kris had changed his mind and pulled away from you.

You’re not his to claim.

A rush of frustration and lust swept into Kris, his heart crumpled into pieces. No, this cannot be right. Kris turned away from you and clenched his fist. I can’t let her stay in between. He pushed himself off the bench swiftly. I don’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter