Chapter 38

The Escaped Prisoner [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Oh no”

 

You glared at the mirror and hugged yourself. Shivers ran down to your spine as you replayed back what had happened earlier in the room.

“He’s just being friendly”, you nibbled your bottom lip and tapped your fingers on the marble sink. Lay was acting creepy, so creepy that you thought you might slap him or push him out of the window. But no, you can’t do such things like that.

A light knock was heard on the door, your head snapped up and your heart jumped out of your throat when you realized who was behind the door. Lay. “___, are you alright in there?” His voice sounded gentle, caring, and nice - too nice.

You managed to let out a ‘yes’ and heaved a sigh. Your heart was beating so hard that it hurt your ribcage. Zhang Yi Xing was acting like a psycho outside. Sharing a bed together alone with you, and hugged you while whispering ‘we’re going to have so much fun’ like a murderer. Everything happened now was just like how murderers do in the movies.

Maybe Yi Xing was a murderer like Kris? Oh yes maybe, a big maybe because they are very close with each other. You ran your fingers through your hair and trembled. At that moment, Lay furrowed his brows and called out for you from outside, “if you’re not okay, I can call the doctor – “

His words hung in the mid-air when you opened the door with a big – fake – smile plastered across your face. “I’m fine Lay, really I am”, you tried to make your voice as calm as possible but your legs gave out on you.

Your whole body just stumbled forward and Lay’s arms caught you instantly. Your stomach twisted under his touch, making your body trembled by the sudden sickness.

I want Kris here, not Lay.

“You’re sick”, Lay breathed as he slipped his arm down to your legs and pulled you up in bridal style way. He pressed his lips into a firm line as he walked into the room. “I’m fine, just tired from the flight I guess”, you made up reasons and Lay seemed to have bought your white lies.

He nodded and set you down gently on the king sized bed. Slowly tugged you inside the blanket and then sat beside you with a frown. Your eyes met his and you felt something was wrong. Maybe you were having imaginations but Lay just seemed – wrong.

You couldn’t specify anything I mean judging by how the guy looked; Lay was so angelic and peaceful. He could never hurt you, he was nice.

“I’ll buy order some food, you haven’t eaten anything”, he smiled softly and walked out of the door, leaving you behind in the room. How strange, I remembered how bright she smiled when we arrived. Lay thought when he walked out of the room.

Click.

The front door was closed and you quickly jumped out of bed. Lay left his phone on the desk when you were in the bathroom; he just took his wallet with him. He was too blank to even think you will use his phone, seeing you sick made him panic.

Taking this opportunity, you took the phone instantly; you need to call someone now and you know perfectly who to call.

 

 

“Kris”

Your mother glanced at his way and felt terrible for the younger boy. He was lifeless for more than 30 hours already after you left with Lay. Kris never touches his food nor drinks any water. He refused to think of any plans because he knew he couldn’t do anything.

Kris glanced up and gave your mother a weak smile, “nae?”

Your mother shook her head; this is getting out of hand. “You need to eat something”, she placed the food on the tray and patted Kris’s thigh. He didn’t budge; he stared across the wall instead with a blank expression.

“I’m going”, your mother gave Kris a one last glance before she shut the door closed. The house was quite for a moment, only Kris’s even breaths were heard.

“Kris”, your voice appeared in his mind. His head shot up at your voice and looked around, his brain was playing with him and he was getting illusions. “Damn”, he gripped his head and looked down at Mumyeong who was hiding underneath the table.

The puppy looked at Kris for awhile before turning away under the table again. Kris sighed and leaned his head back whilst stared at the ceiling. It had only been one day but he was beat up. Terrible thoughts of you and Lay doing something inappropriate was killing him inside.

Then just when Kris was about to close his eyes, the door flung opened. Kris’s head shot up and glared at the on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter