Broken Doll

Midnight Secrets

No One’s POV:

“  Jae Jae?” Mi Su asked again.

Jae Joong was deeply in thought looking at Mi Su with half opened eyes like he was in his dreamland. His mind was somewhere else. He could smell the wet smell of rocks exactly like that night. The night that Mi Su had jumped into the water and a whirlpool had her in .Jae could remember his sudden dive into the sea,his hard struggle against the waves. His desperate sighs when he could not find the girl who had presumably wanted to commit a suicide, his tight grasp on her almost dead body, her soaked short hair, her boyish outfit that night, her coughs against his chest and the salty taste of her tears when they had fell down his cheek and found their way to his lips. How could this girl have been that strong to console him that night? The night that he had stood beside the lighthouse after his love had left him.

“ Jae Jae?? De ja vu?”

“ No , it’s nothing. I just hate her. I wanted to share my feelings with someone . I have never told anyone about my feelings since that day. I think it is better to talk about it now that I have my friends back. These years I felt so lonely without you and Hyun Joong.Let’s go to the hotel .It is late now.” Jae Joong tapped her thin shoulder and smiled. The girl was so skinny he was afraid to break her when he touched her shoulder, but she always had that smile: the familiar smile that Jae Joong had missed for a long time.

“You can always rely on me Jae. “ She lent him her shoulder and showed her not much muscular arm as if she were a superman.

Later that night Mi Su entered Jae Joong’s hotel.

“Since you do not have a boarding pass; I cannot book a room for you. Just stay in my room .I will call my lawyer to take charge of your case. I will sleep in Hyun Joong’s room. They are not coming back tonight. Is it OK?” Jae Joond asked.

“Thank you Jae.I don’t know how to pay you back. It is the second time you save my life.” She bowed.

“ Mi Su?” Jae cocked an eyebrow.

“Yes.” She answered.

“You don’t owe me anything. You are my friend. That night …it was you who saved my life.“Jae Joong held her hand.Shw blushed and scratched the back of her neck.

“Hey Jae this serious expression doesn’t suit you!!!” She slapped his arm. “Good night old chap!” She walked into Jae Joong’s room. Jae smiled and went to Hyun Joong’s room. He threw his body on the bed and took off his clothes.

“ Yuna you ruined my happiness. “ He sighed and covered his body under the bed sheets. He closed his eyes and soon he fell asleep.

Mi Su walked in Jae Joong’s luxury room. “Hey boy! It looks like a palace.” She took off her ragged clothes and went to the bathroom. She took a shower and washed her tired body. Flash backs of the horrible night when her father sold her to Yuri came back to her mind.

That night after his father had sold her to Yuri she had decided to go to the light house where she worked when Yuri had cornered her near a wrecked ship .She had jumped into the sea without a second thought. Yuri had cursed and ran away. She had been coming back to the surface when a whirlpool had her in. She had seen death before her eyes, but Jae Joong had saved her. They had gone back to the light house and she had changed into her boyish clothes. Jae Joong had cried over his broken heart in her arms till morning.

They had been classmates at that time but she had quit her studies since his father had started drinking and gambling.

“ Aish water drives me crazy!” She washed her curly short hair with shampoo. She chuckled.

“It smells like lavender!!! I feel like a princess. Jae Joong you are a gentleman. “ She mumbled to herself. “ I don’t deserve your friendship.”

Jae Joong was soundly asleep when he heard a girlish scream and his eyes snapped open . He ran to Mi Su’s room and found her holding a knife in her hand and walking backwards towards the door.She bumped into Jae Joong’s chest. She cried in shock.

“What’s wrong Mi Su . Put it down. It’s me.” Jae Joong grabbed her wrist standing behind her.

“ Jae Jae he was here. He was near the window. He  …he… he wants to kill me.” She was trembling from head to toe.

“ It’s OK .I am here.” He hugged her from the back.

“ Don’t leave me Jae. Stay with me.” She pleaded pressing his hand  on her bony waist.

“  Mi Su !” He flipped her over in his arms and hugged her wasted body tightly. “I won’t. I won’t.” He lifted her off her feet. She was as light as a feather. He took her knife and put it on the table and put her back on her bed and knelt down on the carpet beside her bed still holding her hand in his.

“ Jae Jae !” She smiled. “I am ridiculous. It is really embarrassing. I am like a scared cat! I am a very pathetic weak girl.”

“ You are stonger than most of the men I know. Mi Su you are a girl .It’s OK. Let your tears come down.” He caressed the back of her hand.

“ Jae Jae who said I wanted to cry?” She tried to seem calm.

“ Ok then you don’t need me any more. “ Jae Joong  tried to stand up but was pulld back to her .

“No Jae!” She burst into tears and pulled him down to her bed. “Stay with me.” She mumbled tapping her bed.

Jae Joong smiled in victory and lay down beside her.

“Just think that you are in a friend’s arms.” He embraced her body and put her head on his arm.

“Am I not?” She kissed his forehead.

“Hey don’t take advantage of me! What was that?” Jae Joong laughed pressing her to his chest.

“I just wanted to thank my friend.” She punched his chest lightly.

“Ahhh!” Jae Joong turned the lights off and covered their bodies with a blanket. “ I am happy that you are back.” He closed his eyes felt her breath on his neck.

“ Mi Su?” He asked. The broken doll was already deep asleep in his arms.