Neunzehn (19)

Some Things Never Change

As promised Chaeyoung went to Nayeon's house to teach her how to cook. Her family was displeased with Chaeyoung's presence. They thought that it was so inappropriate for a man to 'teach' a taken girl, like Nayeon, how to cook. They thought that Chaeyoung was making a move on Nayeon by using the alibi of teaching her how to cook. 

Nayeon assured her parents that Chaeyoung was just helping her. Her mother argued that SHE could teach her how to cook and that Chaeyoung's presence would be unecessary. Nayeon knew this wouldn't go well, or she would've never taken the initiative to learn by herself, but she just kept mum, not wanting to argue with her parents.

The next day, her mom made her help out in the kitchen and as expected not longer than 15 minutes and she was kicked out of the kitchen. She just sighed. It took everything inside of her not to scream at her mother. She patiently waited till dinner before she complained to her mom.

When dinner time came, she quickly fired, "You see why Chaeyoung's presence is necessary? It's because you're not patient enough with me! Meanwhile, Chaeyoung was so patient with me! Besides, Chaeyoung is in love with Mina, so you don't need to worry about him making a move on me!" 

"I'm just worried Jeongyeon would get the wrong idea!" Her mother fired back.

"Yeah, if I was Jeongyeon, I'd definitely get the wrong idea!" Her dad agreeing.

"I'm doing this for Jeongyeon, though!" Nayeon argued.

"Does he know?" Her father asked.

Nayeon smiled and shook her head. 

"I'm going to surprise him!" She chirped, determination was reflected on her dark brow eyes.

It went on for awhile, Nayeon was starting to get the hang of it. Chaeyoung was pretty patient with Nayeon. Nayeon was so excited on surprising Jeongyeon with her cooking skills, but little did she know, the boy actually was planning on surprising her. 

He came over to her house without informing her. Nayeon's house was practically his second home, since him and Nayeon had been dating for a long time. He could waltz in and out of Nayeon's house as he pleased. The timing couldn't be more wrong, because right now she was on her cooking session with Chaeyoung. It just so happened at that time Chaeyoung was standing behind Nayeon, his hands holding Nayeon's hands guiding her and patiently teaching her. 

Jeongyeon, who saw the scene, dropped the bouquet of roses he brought. He grabbed Chaeyoung and upon knowing that it was Chaeyoung, he got even madder, he quickly punched Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung fell to the ground. Jeongyeon hovered over the freshman and punched him over and over again. Nayeon quickly turned off the stove then back hugged Jeongyeon, stopping him from further injuring Chaeyoung. 

As soon as Jeongyeon felt Nayeon's embrace, he started crying. 9 years of relationship, they even planned on getiing married and now he saw that Nayeon was cheating on him with Chaeyoung. Was this his karma for mistreating the boy 6 years ago? Or Chaeyoung was plotting this revenge all along?

"Babe, calm down, ok? This is all a misunderstanding!" She whispered to Jeongyeon's ears.

He might be mad at Nayeon, but he couldn't deny that her voice instantly calmed him down. 

"Now get off Chaeyoung! Wait for me in the living room! I'll explain everything! I'll just treat Chaeyoung's injuries!" Nayeon whispered again.

Jeongyeon reluctantly obeyed. He shot daggers at Chaeyoung before going to the living room. Nayeon helped Chaeyoung stand up and treated his wounds. Nayeon dragged Chaeyoung to the living room.

"Jeongyeon, apologize to Chaeyoung now!" Nayeon barked.

Jeongyeon scoffed, "Why would I? Shouldn't he be apologizing to ME? For screwing my girlfriend behind my back?" 

Nayeon widened her eyes and she slapped Jeongyeon. Nayeon's eyes started to water.

"Is that what you think of me?" Nayeon asked. "You think I'm a ?" 

Upon seeing Nayeon tearing up, Jeongyeon quickly softened. He attempted to hug Nayeon but Nayeon took a step backwards.

"FOR YOUR INFORMATION, I WAS TRYING TO LEARN HOW TO COOK TO IMPRESS YOU! AND CHAEYOUNG WAS KIND ENOUGH TO TEACH ME HOW! AND NOW YOU'RE ACCUSING ME OF BEING A !" She shouted as she cried. 

Jeongyeon widened his eyes. He misunderstood. Nayeon grabbed the nearest pillow and threw it at Jeongyeon.

"JERK!" She yelled and stormed to her room.

Chaeyoung finally let out a sigh. He was just trying to help but ended up in all this mess. Jeongyeon looked down not daring to look at Chaeyoung in the eyes. He ed up big time.

"Hyung, you know I would never ever do that to you, right? I respect Nayeon noona and also you so much that I would never do what you thought I did. I'm just trying to help! You need to console Nayeon noona! She was so determined on learning!" He whispered.

"I-I-I'm sorry!" Jeongyeon cried.

Chaeyoung smiled.

"It's fine! I understand, but next time don't act so impulsively! It's not about my face, but about Nayeon noona. You hurt her, hyung!" Chaeyoung retorted.

"I'm really sorry about your face! W-what can I do to make it up?" Jeongyeon asked.

"Nothing, just console Nayeon noona and patch up with her! I'm leaving you guys to solve your problem, okay?" Chaeyoung whispered and left.

Chaeyoung tried his best to avoid Mina at home. He didn't want Mina knowing about Jeongyeon beating him up. He tiptoed to his room, but just as he was passing by her room. The sound of sliding door was heard.

"Chaeng, you're back!" Mina chirped.

Chaeyoung sighed.

"Yeah, I'll head to my room, ok?" He answered nervously and sprinted to his room. He thought he was safe, but Mina knocked on his door.

"Chaengie, can I come in?" She asked him.

"Uh..." He trailed.

'OMG! THINK CHAEYOUNG! THINK!' He thought.

A light bulb appeared on his head.

"I'm , Mina!" Chaeyoung shouted.

Mina blushed.

"Then put on some clothes!" She retorted, rolling her eyes.

"I feel like being at the moment!" He croaked, attempting his luck.

Mina furrowed her eyebrows.

"Why?" She asked.

"Just feel like it!" He nervously answered.

"Chaeng, don't be ridiculous! Put on some clothes!" Mina scolded.

Chaeyoung sighed. He just couldn't escape this, could he? 

"Okay, you can come in now!" He relented.

Mina quickly came inside. The moment she saw his bruises, she quickly fired him with many questions. He sighed and patiently explained to Mina the situation.

"Jeongyeon oppa, really! He should've asked first before punching you like this!" She fumed.

"It's fine, Mina! I'm fine, okay?" Chaeyoung assured.

Mina sighed.

"If you say so." She muttered. "I'll call Nayeon unnie now!"

Before Chaeyoung could stop Mina, she already skipped to her room. He sighed. Maybe helping Nayeon learn how to cook wasn't a good idea after all.