Fünf (5)

Some Things Never Change

They saw different types of birds.  Chaeyoung occasionally took pictures of different animals. There were goats, ponies, and tigers.

"Chaengie, look! Look! It's your relative!" Mina chirped, pointing at the tigers.

Chaeyoung looked everywhere to find his so-called relatives, but couldn't find one. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. Mina giggled and pulled him to look at the tigers.

"Here! Your relatives!" Mina joked, laughing her heart out.

Realizing what Mina meant, he laughed as well. He'd heard people saying that he resembled a tiger cub for too many times.

"Just wait until we come across a penguin!" Chaeyoung smirked.

"There's no penguin here!" Mina smugly replied, sticking her tounge out.

"You're lying!" Chaeyoung retorted.

"You'll see!" Mina shrugged.

They walked again and saw some more animals, but of course, just like what Mina said, there was no penguin.

"I told you right! There's no penguin here!" Mina gibed, just to annoy Chaeyoung.

"Of course, there is!" Chaeyoung argued.

"What do you mean? Where?" Mina asked, looking everywhere for any sign of penguin.

Chaeyoung took a picture of Mina. The flashlight startled her.

"Here! I just took a picture of it!" Chaeyoung answered, laughing his heart out.

Realizing Chaeyoung was referring to her, she stomped her foot.

"I'm not an animal!" Mina caterwauled.

"You said my relatives are tigers, it's only fair that you're a penguin, since you walk like one!" Chaeyoung shrugged.

Mina sulked.

"You don't understand, ok? This is a result of years of ballet training! Uncultured people like you won't understand!" Mina complained.

Chaeyoung clicked his tounge.

"Penguin!" He called.

"Tiger!" Mina responded.

"Penguin!" Chaeyoung retorted.

"Tiger!" Mina responded.

Chaeyoung then chuckled. Mina chuckled alongside him. They were being silly.

"I think this is the end of this park!" Mina voiced out her thought.

"So, what are we gonna do now?" Chaeyoung asked.

"We can head to Hwayang Jeil Traditional Market to eat street food or Myeongdong Bunsik to eat lunch!" Mina replied.

"Ah, ok!" Chaeyoung replied.

"Let's go!" Mina chirped.

"Uhm, Mina. C-can we take a picture together?" Chaeyoung stammered.

Mina furrowed her eyebrows. Chaeyoung gave out an awkward laugh.

"Haha, what am I saying? Let's go!" Chaeyoung awkwardly said, walking fast, leaving Mina behind.

"I would love to take a picture with you, Chaeng!" Mina beamed.

Chaeyoung halted his step, turned around, widening his eyes.

"R-really?" Chaeyoung questioned.

Mina nodded.

"We've never taken any picture before! I don't have any photo of you from when we were younger!" Mina muttered, looking down, melancholy on her tone.

Chaeyoung pulled Mina into a hug. Mina was shocked but reciprocated the hug. They stayed like that for awhile before letting go of each other.

"In that case, we have to take lots of pictures together!" Chaeyoung grinned.

Mina smiled.

"Yeah, we should!" Mina chirped.

They then spent the afternoon taking various pictures before heading over to Myeongdong Bunsik to eat lunch.








 

Arriving at the restaurant, they quickly found their seats and ordered their lunch. After some time, the food came. They began to savor their meal in silence, as both of them were really hungry. After finishing their lunch, Chaeyoung raised his hand to ask for the cheque. The waiter handed Chaeyoung the cheque. Chaeyoung took out his wallet to pay.

"Wow, as expected from an heir of a mega company!" Mina teased.

Chaeyoung's face turned red.

"I-it's not like that!" Chaeyoung stuttered.

Mina giggled.

"I'm just kidding, Chaeng!" Mina chortled.

Chaeyoung put some money on the table and then they left.

"So, what now?" Chaeyoung asked.

"You want coffee? There's a good coffee shop nearby!" Mina asked.

"I don't drink coffee!" Chaeyoung retorted.

Mina made a face.

"I thought you're an adult!" Mina teased.

"I am an adult!" Chaeyoung argued.

"Well, why don't you drink coffee, huh? Real adults drink coffee!" Mina responded.

"What kind of logic is that? Drinking coffee is actually bad for your health!" Chaeyoung debated.

"Hmph! Just tell me you're a kid, who doesn't drink coffee!" Mina teased.

Chaeyoung sulked. Mina chuckled.

"I'm just kidding, Chaeng!" Mina giggled.

Chaeyoung continued sulking. Mina started to panic.

"Chaengie! You're not mad at me, right?" Mina questioned.

Chaeyoung ignored Mina.

"Chaeng!" Mina whimpered.

Chaeyoung began laughing out loud. Mina was confused.

"You should've seen the look on your face!" Chaeyoung guffawed.

Realizing Chaeyoung was teasing her, she stomped her foot and left.

"Hey, wait!" Chaeyoung exclaimed and followed Mina into John&Jill.

Mina quickly ordered her Americano meanwhile, Chaeyoung just ordered chocolate. They sat across each other. Mina was just sipping her Americano. Chaeyoung too sipped his chocolate.

"Mina, you're not mad at me, right?" Chaeyoung asked, afraid that he was taking his joke too far.

Mina giggled.

"No, haha! We're being silly again!" Mina pointed out.

Chaeyoung chuckled.

"Ah.... It's been a long time, since I could talk to you again!" Mina reminisced.

Chaeyoung just smiled.

"Although, I think I prefer the Chaeyoung back then! He was quiet back then. The Chaeyoung now is too talkative!" Mina joked.

"Yah! Aren't you happy I can finally talk now? This is a result of years of efforts, you know!" Chaeyoung complained.

Mina giggled.

"I'm really, really glad that life is treating you better! You got treatment and became an heir of a mega company! I'm really proud of you!" Mina complimented.

Chaeyoung just hummed.

"The only thing, that's missing is Mommy." Chaeyoung muttered.

Mina looked down.

"I'm sorry, Chaeng. I'm not a good friend. I didn't fulfill my promise to your mom. I promised your mom, I would take care of you, but I wasn't there for you in your hardest time." Mina apologized.

Chaeyoung smiled.

"It's ok, Mina. Actually, I was happy enough that I could have a friend. You know, you were my only friend back then, because of my condition. You were more than I could ask for. I understand that it could be boring, hanging out with someone who couldn't speak, like me!" Chaeyoung chortled.

Mina gasped.

"Chaengie, no! Don't ever think that way! It wasn't boring hanging out with you! I was just too stupid. I was swooning over my bully boyfriend. I didn't know, I swear. If I knew he was a bully, I wouldn't even get close to him." Mina lamented.

Chaeyoung let out an awkward laugh.

"Let's just forget about this, okay? It's all in the past anyway?" Chaeyoung persuaded.

Mina smiled and nodded.