Dreizehn (13)

Some Things Never Change

After running far away from the studio, she stopped to catch her breath. She decided to continue exploring the place, before heading to her first class. She tried to see if there was someone in her class that was familiar, unfortunately all of them were new faces to her. After some lessons, break time came and she quickly headed to the cafeteria as she had promised Nayeon and Momo to meet them there.

Nayeon and Momo also went to Seoul Institute of Arts. Both were in the same year, which was the third year. Nayeon was taking vocal major, while Momo taking dance major. Due to Mina exploring the Uni in the morning, she didn't have any trouble finding her way to the cafeteria. She bought some food before looking for them, but they were nowhere to be found, so she sat at an empty table and texted Nayeon and Momo.

"Where are you guys? I'm alone at the cafeteria." She texted.

She decided to eat while waiting for the both of them. Not long after, Nayeon appeared with a tray of food and sat next to her.

"Hey, Mina!" She chirped.

"What's taking you so long?" Mina asked.

"Oh, nothing much, just the queue was long." Nayeon answered nonchalantly.

Nayeon started digging into her food as well. Not long after, Momo came with a man by her side. They were also carrying trays of food. They seemed to be discussing something. Mina's face quickly turned red when she realized it was the guy dancing in the studio this morning and she almost got caught peeping at him through the window.

"Hi Nayeon!" He greeted as soon as he saw Nayeon.

"Hey!" Nayeon greeted back.

"Oh, and this is?" He asked as soon as he saw Mina.

"Oh, let me introduce you our friend!" Momo chirped.

"She's Mina! She's a freshman! She's also a dance major!" Momo added.

Mina shyly nodded.

"Wow! That's great then! I hope you like it here!" Jimin beamed.

"I'm Jimin by the way! Nice to meet you!" Jimin continued.

"You girls don't mind me eating here, right? I need to discuss about some projects with Momo." He asked.

"It's the first day and you guys have a project already?" Nayeon asked.

Jimin laughed and Mina could swear she felt like she saw the sunrise because of how bright his laughter was.

"I'm also the captain of the dance club, so I need to plan ahead." He explained.

Then, he and Momo kept on discussing about their projects. Mina didn't know why but her eyes couldn't help but avert to Jimin, noticing every single detail of him. The way he ate, the way he smiled. She noticed he way he smiled and the way she smiled was very similar. His features and the way he spoke. How his eyes sparkled when he was expressing his idea.

'He is so cool' she thought.







 

Chaeyoung and Tzuyu ended up eating together in the cafeteria. Chaeyoung still felt a little comfortable with Tzuyu because of the past, but it wasn't right to distant himself from Tzuyu, either. It was all in the past and Tzuyu had apologized. Tzuyu never really changed, he was still so quiet. Right now, both of them were just munching their lunch in silence, a very awkward lunch, until Jeongyeon walked pass their table. Jeongyeon sat beside Chaeyoung.

"So, the rumor is right. Son Chaeyoung really is here." Jeongyeon beamed.

Chaeyoung jumped in shock. Jeongyeon seemed to come out of nowhere. Jeongyeon chuckled at Chaeyoung's reaction.

"You've grown a lot!" Jeongyeon remarked.

"Uh, yeah." Chaeyoung breathed.

"And you can speak too, now!" Jeongyeon shrilled.

"Of course, he can. The moment you learn that he went to live with his father, obviously his father would seek treatment for him." Tzuyu retorted.

Jeongyeon made a face, obviously offended with Tzuyu for being such a smartass, when Jeongyeon was just trying to be friendly. Jeongyeon cleared his throat.

"Anyway, I'm glad that you can speak now and things are looking good for you now with you being an heir of a mega company and all..." Jeongyeon trailed.

He looked down.

"I wanna apologize for what happened years ago. I should've stood up for you and shouldn't have threatened you not to tell an adult. I was wrong. I was too obsessed with basketball at the time, that I was scared those boys would get suspended and it would hinder them from practicing basketball and we would lose the competition. I should've stopped those boys from bullying you." Jeongyeon apologized.

Chaeyoung just kept silent. Jeongyeon indeed had been nice to him for the most part, but Jeongyeon also threathened Chaeyoung not to tell anyone, leaving Chaeyoung to face his problem all by himself. Chaeyoung didn't hold a grudge against Jeongyeon for the most part, since Jeongyeon also tried his best to help Chaeyoung and he was satisfied with the apology. He just wished things were different then, but it was all good now.

"Anyway, if you guys are interested in joining basketball, hit me up! We always welcome new members! You guys are tall. I saw you guys in the hallway. You guys would be a great addition to our team!" Jeongyeon chirped.

"Count me out, I'm not interested in it." Tzuyu seethed.

Jeongyeon clicked his tounge.

Chaeyoung could hear Jeongyeon mutter, "Gosh I hate him.", under his breath.

"I'm just offering you guys, okay? I'll see you around!" He beamed.

"I hope you enjoy your first day so far and like it here!" Jeongyeon beamed then he left.

"Never understood that guy and his obsession with balls." Tzuyu remarked and Chaeyoung roared in laughter. For sure, Tzuyu meant balls as in basketballs, but the way he worded in made it sound like he meant something else.

"Playing basketball is healthy and also a nice game." Chaeyoung commented.

Tzuyu raised his eyebrow.

"You're interested in joining?" Tzuyu asked.

"No, I want to join the art club." Chaeyoung replied.

"Ah yeah, you're taking architecture major." Tzuyu pointed out.

"You too, right?" Chaeyoung questioned.

"Yeah, but I can't draw to save my life." Tzuyu stated.

Chaeyoung gasped.

"Then, why do you take architecture major?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Of course, my parents made me. I would never study it willingly." Tzuyu answered.

"I'm sorry, you have to study something you don't like." Chaeyoung expressed his sympathy.

"Nothing, I'm not used to." Tzuyu muttered.