Sechsundzwanzig (26)

Some Things Never Change

The next day, Mina walked extra slowly to the studio. She didn't know if Jimin was gonna be there, probably not. Even if Jimin was there, surely he would still be heartbroken. Surprisingly though, Jimin was there. As soon as Jimin noticed Mina's presence. He slowly walked to her with a smile on his face. Mina couldn't tell if it was fake or not.

"Hey, Mina! Sorry about yesterday!" Jimin apologized. "I was not feeling well."

"But I feel better now!" He added.

"Oh yeah, I also haven't congratulated you yet! Congratulations on your relationship, Mina! I hope you and your boyfriend last long!" Jimin congratulated.

Mina was shocked. She didn't expect this at all. She scanned Jimin's face. Jimin looked happy to her. Mina then gave him a small smile.

"Thanks." She murmured.

They then continued with practice.

What Mina didn't know was that Jimin was very miserable the day before that. He skipped all his lessons and went home. At home while being miserable, he thought about if he was in Chaeyoung's position. It would be unfair for Chaeyoung if he insisted on his feelings for Mina and he also had to respect Mina's decision in choosing Chaeyoung. Thus, he had decided to let Mina go. It certainly wouldn't be easy, but he had to try and face the reality that maybe Mina just wasn't meant for him.

 


That day, Chaeyoung was happily whistling as he got into Mina's Uni to pick her up, but as soon as he saw Mina happily chatting with Jimin. He quickly frowned. Chaeyoung was really upset. What was it that Jimin got, that he didn't have? Mina was His girlfriend, not Jimin's. He wanted to give Mina a piece of his mind, but then he thought again. It had just been two days since they became official. Nah, he didn't want to ruin it for himself.

Mina's face was red and bright as she entered Chaeyoung's car. She even waved happily to Jimin as Chaeyoung drove away. Chaeyoung got even more upset after that. Mina was oblivious to that, of course.

She casually started a conversation, "Hey Chaeng, how's class today?"

Chaeyoung calmed himself down before muttering, "Good."

"Nice." Mina chirped. "Oh yeah, before I forgot, me and Jimin will be the final act in a performance in about a month. You'll be there, right?"

Chaeyoung didn't know how to respond to that. Suddenly, what Jeongyeon said, crossed his mind. The dance would be so intimate. Would he be ready to witness that? Chaeyoung sighed.

"Chaengie?" Mina called.

"Surely, you would be there to support me?" She asked.

Chaeyoung still kept silent. Mina was confused. Why was Chaeyoung so quiet? Not long after, they arrived home. Mina got off the car first. Chaeyoung rolled down his car.

"Um, Mina, I have to go. You get inside first, ok?" Chaeyoung said then drove away.

Chaeyoung quickly called Tzuyu and Jeongyeon and they agreed to meet up at a soju tent. Chaeyoung arrived first, so he ordered food for the three of them. After awhile, Tzuyu arrived then Jeongyeon. Their food came too and they started eating.

"What's wrong? Why did you call us to meet here?" Jeongyeon asked after he finished his meal.

"Nothing" Chaeyoung sighed. "I just don't know what to do."

"What do you mean?" Jeongyeon asked.

"I think that I'm a bad boyfriend. I get jealous too easily. I wanna know how to fix that because I'm feeling guilty towards Mina." Chaeyoung shared.

"So yesterday, I asked Mina out on a date to the mall and Mina refused. I mean, Mina did mention to me that she doesn't like going to the mall but the whole time, all I could think about was she went to the mall with Jimin. So, I gave her a cold shoulder and Mina looked so sad after that.

"Today, she was happily chatting with Jimin and I got jealous, I gave her a cold shoulder again and she asked me if I would attend her performance with Jimin and I got more upset thinking about how intimate the dance would be, but what kind of boyfriend would I be if I didn't support my girlfriend

"I'm really, really scared to lose her. I waited 6 years just for this moment. I don't wanna ruin it, but if I keep being jealous, sooner or later, she would get tired of me. So, I'm asking you guys, if you guys can give me an advice? I have a jealousy problem."

Chaeyoung sighed.

"I think, that's normal. If I were you, I would be like you too. I think, it's Mina, that needs to understand that you're her boyfriend now and act accordingly." Jeongyeon explained.

"No, no, no, no, it's not Mina's fault. It's mine. I am too jealous. Poor Mina, she has to deal with someone with jealousy problem like me." Chaeyoung argued.

"Chaeng, listen. I've been in a relationship for 8 years. That is normal." Jeongyeon rebutted.

"No, it's my fault. I'm always in a bad mood." Chaeyoung argued again

Jeongyeon was about to make a rebuttal before it was cut off by Tzuyu.

"Guys, stop!" He shouted. "Both of you are right. Chaeyoung, it's completely normal to feel jealous, but at the same time. Mina must try her best not to make you feel jealous too. What you should be doing right now, is talk to Mina. Express your frustrations to her and think of a solution. Instead of fighting here with Jeongyeon hyung." Tzuyu advised.

"You're right, Tzuyu." Chaeyoung admitted.

Jeongyeon nodded in agreement.

"Tell Mina to lessen interaction with Jimin!" Jeongyeon suggested.

Chaeyoung shook his head.

"I don't wanna be controlling." Chaeyoung retorted.

Jeongyeon sighed.

"I'm warning you, Chaeng. If you're gonna let her do whatever she wants. This relationship won't work." Jeongyeon warned.

"Thanks, but I don't wanna control her." Chaeyoung responded.

Jeongyeon sighed again. They then parted ways after that.

 

 

Mina was in the living room watching a Movie, when he got home. Mina quickly jumped and sprinted to him the moment she noticed that he was home.

"Chaengie, where have you been?" She asked.

"Oh, I went out with Jeongyeon hyung and Tzuyu." Chaeyoung answered.

"You should've told me." Mina whined.

"Sorry." Chayoung apologized.

"By the way, you will come to see my performance right?" Mina asked with hopeful eyes.

Chaeyoung nodded.

"Yeay!" Mina celebrated and danced goofily.

Chaeyoung chuckled. Mina then embraced Chaeyoung into a tight hug.

"Thank you, Chaengie." She thanked him.

After they let go of the hug, Chaeyoung said, "Mina, starting from tomorrow, I don't think, I'll be able to pick you up. You'll be ok going to the Uni by yourself, right?"

"Of course." Mina responded with a smile.

Chaeyoung smiled back.

'Can't get jealous, if I don't see Mina and Jimin's interaction.' Chaeyoung thought.