Einundvierzig (41)

Some Things Never Change

"Didn't you hear what Mina said? Chaeyoung is her boyfriend and not Tzuyu!" Mrs. Myoui retorted.

"Does it matter? This is our chance to enter the Chinese market, in exchange we offer European market to the Chou because they're dominating the Chinese market and not European one, meanwhile it's the opposite for us." Mr. Myoui explained.

"You want our daughter to marry someone she doesn't love?" Mrs. Myoui asked.

"What's with you spoiling her? Look at her stomping her feet and slamming the door when she doesn't get what she wants." Mr. Myoui rebutted.

"I'm not spoiling her. It's just that I don't think marriage should be mixed with business." Mrs. Myoui defended herself.

"Look, Sachiko. We built our empire with our blood, sweat and tears. We worked our asses off for our empire. We can only go up. we can't afford to fall." Mr. Myoui asserted.

"I know, but what's wrong with Chaeyoung? He's the Son's heir." Mrs. Myoui argued.

"First, he's illegitimate. Secondly, the Son's corp is a joke now. They're not even on the top 10 in South Korea." Mr. Myoui scoffed.

"What? It can't be! They're really famous here." Mrs. Myoui gasped in disbelief.

"That's 10 years ago!" Mr. Myoui argued. "Look! Do you want to enter chinese market, or not?" 

"I do, but I don't want Mina to be unhappy! Isn't this why we did everything in the first place? To have a better life and to be happy?" Mrs. Myoui cried.

Mr. Myoui sighed.

"Think about it! Our brand all over China! 2 Billion people buying our products!" Mr. Myoui intoned.

Mrs. Myoui just turned to the other side and covered herself with the blanket in anger. She is torned between furthering the empire and Mina's happiness.

 

 

The next morning, Mina was still sulking about the fact that she can't sleep with Chaeyoung and was frowning during breakfast.

"Mina! Loosen up that frown, will you!" Mr. Myoui snapped.

Mina then bursted into tears.

"That's the first thing you said to me after being gone for years!" Mina cried.

"You said you wanted to stay in South Korea!" Mr. Myoui retorted.

"Yeah, but can't you at least go home once in a while and not ignore me when you do?" Mina argued.

"You are so ungrateful! We did all of this for you!" Mr. Myoui growled.

"Akira, stop!" Mrs. Myoui tried to diffuse the situation.

"Stop spoiling her! We give her everything she wants and this is how she repays us!" Mr. Myoui bellowed. 

Mina then stormed her feet, grabbed her stuffs and left.

"Mina, honey!" Mrs. Myoui tried to catch up, but was held back by Mr. Myoui. 

"Let her go!" Mr. Myoui bellowed. 

Mrs. Myoui could only sigh. Chaeyoung quickly stuffed his food and excused himself politely and caught up with Mina. Yeri too did the same.

"Hey, Mina!" Chaeyoung whisper-shouted.

Mina then jumped into Chaeyoung's embrace, luckily Chaeyoung caught her and she cried harder.

"Hey, don't be like this! Be more understanding of them! They only want the best for you!" Chaeyoung softly said. "I'll take you to your Uni, ok? You can't drive in this state."

Mina just wordlessly stayed in Chaeyoung's embrace while calming herself down. Yeri too followed.

 

 


After dropping Mina off, Chaeyoung quickly drove to the Uni. They would be late if there was a traffic.

"Hmm, can I ask about Mina?" Yeri timidly said.

"Oh, um, she's not usually like this. I feel like, Mina just hasn't met her parents in a long time, and vice versa and they don't know how to face each other, but I'm sure it'll be alright." Chaeyoung assured.

"I don't know what it's like to grow up without your parents...." Yeri trailed.

"It's.... painful. You see my mom died when I was 12. Ever since then, it was me and dad, but I'm grateful at least I have dad with me." Chaeyoung explained.

Yeri gasped.

"Ooh, Chaeyoung, sorry, but it makes me grateful that I still have both of my parents." Yeri remarked. 

"Yeah, it's nice to have your parents by your side. Poor Mina, but I mean, they're doing it for her too." Chaeyoung retorted.

"But I feel like, parents' love and attention are more important to luxury." Yeri argued.

"True." Chaeyoung agreed. "We're here! We have to run though. We only have 5 minutes."

"Oh ok!"

They both then ran like a mad man to their class. Good thing they arrived just on time. Tzuyu was confused seeing them like that.

 

 

Meanwhile the Myoui couple went to their branch in South Korea. They checked everything that's going on in South Korean branch. Then they checked the news.

"Ooh, the Chous are here too!" Mr. Myoui exclaimed.

"Akira, can you please think about it again!" Mrs. Myoui pleaded.

Mr. Myoui sighed.

"Mr. Kim! Please arrange an appointment with the Chous!" Mr. Myoui ordered.

"Yes, Sir!" Secretary Kim answered.

"Akira!" Mrs. Myoui growled.

"Look, let's meet them first, ok? Nothing wrong with that!" Mr. Myoui said, annoyed.

Mrs. Myoui sighed.

 

 

 


"Sir and Ma'am, the Myouis would like to meet you both." The seceratry of the Chous reported.

"The Myouis?" Mr. Chou asked. "Sure, let's meet them. Cancel some meetings if you must."

"Yes, sir."

They then arranged to meet in a restaurant.

 

 

 

 

Mr. Myoui and Mr. Chou shook their hands in glee and Mrs. Myoui and Mrs. Chou smiled at each other. They took a seat and started eating their meals.

"Chou! How long has it been since I last saw you." Mr. Myoui friendly greeted.

"Hahaha, it's been a long time since I saw you too. How's your family? How's your business? You have a daughter right? Myoui Mina, she went to school with Tzuyu together." Mr. Myoui replied as he cut his steak.

"Oh, we're doing great. Business is doing great too. I've actually met Tzuyu yesterday. He came to the mansion. I heard he's  a student at Seoul national. I won't doubt his intelligence then." Mr. Myoui complimented.

"Hahaha, thanks for your compliment Myoui. Did Tzuyu come to your mansion? I didn't know that." Mr. Chou said, confused.

"Yeah, well Chaeyoung and his friend Yeri are currently staying at the mansion, so they decided to work on their project in the mansion." Mr. Myoui explained.

"Son Chaeyoung? Isn't he the Son's heir? Why is he staying at your mansion? He doesn't have a place to stay?" Mr. Chou asked.

"Who knows?" Mr. Myoui shrugged. "Anyway, Tzuyu really grew well haha, last time I saw him he was still very short, now he's towering over me." 

"Hahaha, yes Tzuyu must've gotten my genes." Mr. Chou joked.

"He must have." Mr. Myoui agreed.

Mr. Myoui cleared his throat.

"So, uhm. Tzuyu and Mina are grown up now and we could offer the European market in exchange for the Chinese market. What do you think?" Mr. Myoui proposed.

Mrs. Myoui quickly gave Mr. Myoui a sharp glare. Mr. Myoui just ignored it. Mr. Chou paused for awhile, gave Mrs. Chou a look, before continue eating. Mr. Chou cleared his throat.

"We might need some time to think about it, considering Tzuyu and Mina just came of age and all." Mr. Chou awkwardly said.

"Haha, sure take your time. We await your response." Mr. Myoui chirped and then they continued eating.