Siebenundvierzig (47)

Some Things Never Change

Not long after Tzuyu and Yeri left, Chaeyoung and Mina, who were enjoying their lunch suddenly heard the doorbell. Chaeyoung sighed. He got up and went to the door and peeked through the peephole. Mr. Myoui was outside.

"Mina, your father is here!" Chaeyoung exclaimed.

Mina instantly tensed. 

"Don't open the door, Chaengie! Don't open it!" Mina panicked.

Chaeyoung sighed. "I'm tired of this, Mina. Every time we get to a point where I thought we could have a future together. Something comes up."

Bang! Bang! Bang!

"Don't give up on me, Chaengie! Please don't!" Mina whimpered.

"We can't avoid him forever, you know that right?" Chaeyoung retorted. 

Mina just stayed silent, tears falling from her eyes.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

Chaeyoung sighed again. "Fine, I'll talk to your father. Stay here!"

He sighed again before getting out.

"Where's my daughter?" Mr. Myoui questioned.

"Do you have any problem with me, sir? With all due respect!" Chaeyoung asked.

"What kind of question is that? I just want my daughter." Mr. Myoui deflected.

"Your daughter is an adult. She can stay wherever she wants." Chaeyoung answered.

"This is kidnapping, you know!" Mr. Myoui pressed.

"Like I said, she's an adult. She can stay wherever she wants." Chaeyoung returned. "Your daughter is in love with me. With all due respect, sir. I love her too. You knew this. Why would you set her up with Tzuyu?"

"She's just a silly little girl. I'm her father. I know what's best for her." Mr Myoui retorted.

"That's why I'm asking. What is your problem with me? Why am I not the best for her." Chaeyoung countered.

Mr. Myoui sighed. "I wanted to avoid saying it, but you left me no choice. 

"One, you are a bastard. Born out of a wedlock.

"Two, your father's company continues to fall so far from her grace.

"Three, you bring nothing to the table, Chaeyoung. I don't think you will be an adept leader, Chaeyoung. You will fail just like your father.

"Four, I wish to expand my company to China, Chaeyoung. Your company is doing fairly well domestically. Maybe in Japan and Southeast Asian countries, but not in China."

Chaeyoung was stunned.

"Bring me my daughter in three days or I won't spare your already failing company and let me tell you, it isn't hard to destroy it." 

Mr. Myoui then left. After Chaeyoung recovered from his shock, he dragged his legs back to his apartment. Mina was still sitting in front of her plate, playing with her food. She looked up as soon as Chaeyoung got in. 

Mina's eyes were bloodshot as she just cried her eyes out and Chaeyoung's heart broke when he looked into those eyes. He quickly looked to the ground to avoid looking at those eyes. Chaeyoung was torn now. He had to choose between Mina and his father. He didn't know how to choose.

"So, what did Papa say?" Mina asked after what felt like eternity.

"Um, to hand you over to him in 3 days or he'll make my father go bankrupt." Chaeyoung answered.

Mina gasped. "You won't hand me over to him, won't you?" 

"And let my father go bankrupt?" Chaeyoung retorted. "My father is already labeled a failure because of me, Mina."

"He had to be a CEO and at the same time be a father and mother at the same time for me. He chose me over the company. I'm not that clueless. Your father's right. The company was slipping from its grace and it's all because of me." Chaeyoung cried.

Mina looked down. "So you're gonna give up on us?"

Chaeyoung just kept mum.

Mina then stomped her way to her room and started packing up and Chaeyoung just cried in agony. After awhile, Mina went out with her luggage. Chaeyoung picked himself up.

"I'll take you there." Chaeyoung breathed.

"I'm not going to my parents!" Mina badgered.

"What? Then where are you going?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Why does it matter? You gave up on us!" Mina retorted.

"I'm not letting you leave if you won't tell me!" Chaeyoung threatened.

Mina groaned. "What do you really want, Chaeyoung?" 

"I, I don't know" Chaeyoung answered in a small voice.

"Do you still want to fight for us?" Mina asked.

"Tzuyu is not a bad guy, Mina." Chaeyoung said in a small voice.

Mina sighed. "Then let me leave!"

"Let me take you to your parents!"

"I'M NOT GOING THERE!"

Chaeyoung sighed. "I'll call Tzuyu and have him pick you up!"

"If you want to give up on us, that's fine, but stop controlling me!" Mina yelled.

Chaeyoung sighed.

"Should I call Jimin?" Chaeyoung asked.

Mina widened her eyes and slapped him.

"Are you even hearing yourself, Chaeyoung?" Mina cried.

"I need to know you're well taken care of, Mina." Chaeyoung whimpered.

"Why not you, then?" Mina returned.

"We've been through this, to save my father's company." Chaeyoung replied.

Mina sighed. "We have two more days. Let's think of a solution?" 

Chaeyoung bit his fingers. Mina slapped them away.

"Stop that! It's nasty!" Mina nagged.

Chaeyoung sighed. "Ok."

Mina hugged him. "We will figure something out." 

Chaeyoung hugged back. "I hope so, Mina. The truth is, I'm not ready to lose you." 

Mina smiled. "I don't wanna lose you, either."

Just in time, someone rang the doorbell. They both broke the hug right away. Chaeyoung looked at the peephole. 

"It's Tzuyu."

Chaeyoung then opened the door.

Tzuyu and Yeri observed the couple in front of them.

"Have you both been crying?" Tzuyu asked.

"Umm yeah!" Chaeyoung answered, embarrassed.

"What's wrong?" Tzuyu asked.

"Papa came, threatened to make Chaeyoung's father's company bankrupt if he didn't hand me over to him in three days." Mina answered.

"Whoah!" Yeri exclaimed.

"Don't worry, Chaeng! We're in this together!" Tzuyu patted Chaeyoung on the shoulder.

"How do we fight against your father and Mina's father? They are literally dominating the world. My father is not as strong as them." Chaeyoung expressed his concern.

"We got this, Chaeng! We're in this together!" Tzuyu encouraged