Elf (11)

Some Things Never Change

Chaeyoung stayed in Mina's Mansion for about 3 weeks. Their days were mostly spent indoor, either playing video games, swimming, watching movie, or painting for Chaeyoung. They only went out if Mina was in the mood which was a rare occasion. Thankfully, Chaeyoung was okay with that.

Right now, they were just watching a movie. Living together had made them comfortable with each other, thus Mina leaning her head on Chaeyoung's shoulder. Chaeyoung still felt his heartbeat raise every time Mina initiated physical contact with him, but Mina didn't need to know that.

After the movie ended, Chaeyoung quickly said, "Mina, it's been a while that I've been living here. Next week I'm going to start studying in University so I have to go home soon. I've had a lovely time here. Thank you very much!"

Chaeyoung smiled showing his dimple. Mina frowned.

"When are you going to leave?" Mina questioned.

"Tomorrow!" Chaeyoung replied.

Mina looked down. If Chaeyoung left, then she would definitely be alone again. She thought and thought. Suddenly, she thought of an idea.

"Chaeyoung, didn't you say that you live in a condo?" Mina asked.

"Yeah, that's true. Why?" Chaeyoung answered.

Mina smirked.

"I have a proposition. What about living in my mansion with me instead of living alone at your condo?" Mina suggested.

Chaeyoung was taken aback.

"I don't think that's a good-" Chaeyoung expressed his disapproval before he was cut off by Mina.

"Oh, come on, Chaengie. If you go back to your condo, I would be all alone again, don't you want to accompany me?" Mina appealed to Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung rubbed her nape.

"Please! You can decorate your room however you want. We can even hire a professional to design your room differently if you still don't like it!" Mina pleaded, showing her puppy eyes.

Of course, Chaeyoung couldn't bare to say "no" to that eyes. He sighed.

"I'll call my dad tomorrow, okay?" Chaeyoung breathed.

Mina smiled.

"Okay, I'll be waiting for your answer. Goodnight, Chaengie." She chirped, hugged him then skipped to her room. Chaeyoung just shook his head.




 

Next morning, as promised, after showering and eating breakfast, he went to his room to call his father. His father answered and greeted him cheerfullly.

"Hi Chaengie, What's up?" His father greeted.

"Hi Dad, Uhm, this might sound weird, but you remember Mina? I told you a lot about her" Chaeyoung asked.

"Wasn't she your friend from your old school in Seoul?" His father asked.

"Yeah, uhm, I met her again recently." Chaeyoung replied.

"No way! So.... Ah! I think I get it! You want to court her!" His father chirped.

Chaeyoung's face turned beet red.

"What? No!" He quickly denied.

His father chuckled.

"Aye, don't be shy! Don't worry! I'll give you tips on how to get to 'em ladies! After all, your father was quite the ladies' man!" His father chuckled.

He face palmed.

"But seriously dad, there's something more important that I need to tell you!" Chaeyoung retorted.

"What is it?" His father questioned.

"I slept over at Mina's Mansion for about three weeks now." Chaeyoung started.

"Oh?" His father said in low tone.

"Wow, you guys are quick, huh!" His father chortled.

"NO! YOU MISUNDERSTOOD!" Chaeyoung remarked.

"Just a friendly sleepover!" Chaeyoung defended himself.

"Anyway, she wants me to move in with her." Chaeyoung stated.

Her father laughed cheerfully.

"I'm getting a grandchild soon!" His father bubbled.

"DAD!" He shouted.

"We have our own rooms, you know!" Chaeyoung argued.

His father chuckled.

"So, what do you think?" Chaeyoung asked.

"I say, it's a good idea! Makes it easier for you to court her!" His dad stated.

Chaeyoung blushed.

"You think so?" Chaeyoung questioned.

His father hummed.

"But I trust your decision, son! Whatever you think is best for you!" His dad added.

"Okay!" He breathed.

"How are you in Busan?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Oh, you know, just the usual! I hope I can retire soon! And you'll replace me!" He beamed.

Chaeyoung smiled.

"I'll study hard, dad! I promise, I won't disappoint you!" Chaeyoung promised.

"Good, but don't be too hard on yourself  and you know that no matter what, I'm proud of you, son!" His dad breathed.

"Thank you, dad!" Chaeyoung beamed.

"You're welcome, son! I have to get back to work! Love you!" His dad breathed.

"Love you!" He replied and then hung up.

"So, did your father approve of it?" Mina asked and Chaeyoung jumped in shock, only to discover that Mina's head was sticking out from the gap that she made through the sliding door.

"Mina, what are you doing?" Chaeyoung asked.

Mina slided the door open and got inside and sat on his bed.

"I'm wondering if you will move in or not!" Mina answered.

Chaeyoung sighed.

"My father said that it's up to me!" Chaeyoung explained.

"So, will you move in with me?" Mina asked, smiling brightly, showing her gummy teeth and blinking her puppy eyes.

Chaeyoung pondered for awhile. He faced Mina and smiled.

"Okay." Chaeyoung muttered.

"Yeay!" She shouted and danced goofily around his room as celebration. Chaeyoung just chortled at her expression.

"But, I will pay rent and I want to redesign my room and get a door with a lock, not a sliding door!" Chaeyoung remarked.

"Pay rent?" Mina furrowed her eyebrows.

"You don't need to, Chaengie!" Mina objected.

"I know, but it's only right!" Chaeyoung argued.

Mina hummed and thought and bright idea came to her.

"What about working for me?" Mina proposed.

"Working for you?" Chaeyoung replied.

"As a driver! You have to take me to my Uni every weekdays!" Mina retorted.

"Ah! That's okay, too. I guess!" Chaeyoung replied.

"Good! Move your stuffs from your condo to here! I will help you!" Mina offered her help.

"Ah! No need! I can do that myself and I will have to tell my landlord about it too, plus I have to start redesigning this room as well!" Chaeyoung breathed.

"It's okay! Take it slow!" Mina soothed.

"But seriously, I want to see your condo! Sounds like you love living there!" Mina chirped.

"Okay, you can look around my condo! But it's really small, incomparable to your mansion!" Chaeyoung warned.

"Why didn't you choose a bigger condo? There are big condos out there, you know!" Mina questioned.

"Yeah, but I live alone, so I don't need a large space." Chaeyoung reasoned.

"Ah, you're right!" Mina muttered.