Sechsundvierzig (46)

Some Things Never Change

Mr. Chou was so angry, his face was red like it's on fire. His veins were bulging and popping. 

"You have a girlfriend?" Mr. Chou asked.

Tzuyu just nodded while Yeri was still shocked. Mina and Chaeyoung too. 

"You didn't say anything about having a girlfriend!" Mr. Chou growled.

"You never asked." Tzuyu countered.

"I told you. You were going to meet your future wife! You should've told me by then! You embarrass me, Tzuyu! The Myouis will surely take offense!" Mr. Chou yelled. 

Mr. Chou carressed his chest and calmed himself down.

"Alright! Just go back to our house, you and your girlfriend! Don't let people think that you're a freeloader!" Mr. Chou ordered.

"How do I know you won't kick us out or harm my girlfriend in case you don't approve of us?" Tzuyu challened.

"YOU-" Mr. Chou began, angered that he was being challenged. He took a deep breath and exhaled as he calmed himself down. "Fine, we own an apartment near your Uni. Just ask for an empty room, there surely is one."

Mr. Chou stepped closer to Tzuyu and leaned toward Tzuyu's ear.

"She better be a good catch or you'll see what I can do to you!" Mr. Chou threatened.

"I love her, Father. I don't care what you will do to me." Tzuyu firmly said.

"You little-" Mr. Chou exhaled again. "You're lucky your friends are here."

He then turned around and left. As soon as Mr. Chou was out of sight, Tzuyu exhaled the breath he unconsciously held. He never once ever went against his father. He might look calm on the outside, but his insides were shivering uncontrollably. He turned to Yeri and quickly got another smack of the day.

"Are you crazy? Do you think I'm a toy?" Yeri yelled with tears falling from her eyes. "I know I'm a freeloader and I know that I'm just a poor girl but I'm a human being too or you think that you can do whatever you want to me because I'm poor?"

"Y-yeri.." Tzuyu stuttered.

"Wait, I'm confused. So is Yeri your girlfriend, Tzuyu?" Chaeyoung asked.

Tzuyu looked down and shook his head.
Chaeyoung quickly went to Yeri's side and guided her to the sofa. 

"Not cool, man." He murmured when he was near Tzuyu.

Chaeyoung then disappeared into the kitchen to take some juice to give to Yeri. Mina went to Yeri's side to comfort her. Tzuyu kneeled in front of Yeri.

"Please, I'm begging you. Help me!" Tzuyu pleaded. "I admit I was wrong, but I really need your help."

"That's enough, Tzuyu. You were incredibly disrespectful." Mina chimed in.

Tzuyu sighed. "Can we discuss this matter alone, please? Yeri?"

"What is there to talk about?" Yeri cried.

"Please?" Tzuyu pressed.

Yeri sighed. "Fine!"

"Are you sure, Yeri?" Mina asked.

"I'll be fine." Yeri forced a smile.

 

 

 

 


They decided to discuss the matter in a restaurant, just Tzuyu and Yeri. Tzuyu decided to take Yeri to a fancy restaurant. Yeri scanned the place. From the outfit that people wore, the ambience and the fancy live music playing. Yeri could tell this has to be a very expensive restaurant. Not to mention that Yeri was just wearing a simple T-shirt and jeans since Tzuyu didn't tell her that they were going to such place. She felt really out of place and people were looking at her as if her mere existence was an abomination.

"T-tzuyu, I've never been in this kind of restaurant before and I-I don't think I'm properly attired." Yeri stuttered.

"There's not really a rule that says you have to wear a certain attire though." Tzuyu shrugged.

"But you're wearing a suit." Yeri rolled her eyes.

Tzuyu looked at his outfit. He let out a laugh in embarrassment.

"Anyway, let's go!" Tzuyu chirped. 

"I hope the VIP section is available." Tzuyu spoke to the server.

"Of course, sir. This way!" 

 

 

 

 

Tzuyu ordered a bunch of food and Yeri was just staring at the menu wide-eyed. She's never seen such high price for food. Can the food here prevent you from aging or something? Why the expensive price? Soon after the food came one by one. Yeri looked at the food. They were decorated but they were all in small portions.

"Why are they all in small portions?" Yeri asked.

"To be honest, I don't know." Tzuyu responded.

"But they're all so expensive. The prices almost gave me a heartattack." Yeri retorted.

"Don't think about it! Think of this all as peace offering. I really did you wrong back there. I'm sorry. I just panicked, I guess." 

Yeri just kept silent.

"Eat up!" Tzuyu chirped.

Yeri has never in her life eaten with fork and knife and was weirded out. How was she supposed to eat with a fork and a knife.

"Um, can I maybe ask for chopsticks?" Yeri asked.

Tzuyu furrowed his eyebrows as he elegantly cut his steak. "Oh right! Let me cut them into bitesizes for you so it's easier for you."

After a while, they finished everything. 

"How is ist?" Tzuyu asked.

"I mean, it's good but I still think it's too expensive. I don't wanna eat at this sort of place ever again." 

Tzuyu let out a laugh.

"Yeri,...

"I'm really sorry but I need your help." Tzuyu began.

Yeri frowned.

"You don't like treated like a toy? I've been treated like that my whole life.

"They chose the schools I go to. They chose the friends I could hang out with. They chose the University and major I should take and they chose a girl for me to marry and of course I will have to inherit their company.

"And I never fought it because they're my parents and I just thought it was pointless to fight against them but when they paired me with Mina. Something in me just snapped.

"I should've fought against them sooner. I don't want to betray Chaeyoung. So, I put up a fight. They can't continue controlling me like this. Like you said, I'm a human being too."

"Why do you drag me to this mess? Just because you can?" Yeri countered.

"I apologize for that. I know this isn't related to you, but I need someone, who will pretend to be my girlfriend and preferably not someone they approve of. No offense to you, my parents are vain." 

"I don't know, Tzuyu." 

"I know you like Chaeyoung." 

Yeri's face instantly flushed. "I-I-I'ts not true."

"It's not nice, isn't it? Chaeyoung and Mina are together and you're harboring a feeling for Chaeyoung."

Yeri bit her lip and sighed. 

"So?" Tzuyu asked.

Yeri reluctantly nodded. Tzuyu smiled.

"Thank you."