Zwei (2)

Some Things Never Change

Meanwhile, Mina liked playing video games until late at night. So, when the rest of the world was asleep, she was awake. When the rest of the world was awake, she was asleep, but of course, her friends being the 'good' friends they were, wouldn't let their friend spend the holiday only playing video games and sleeping. So, they crashed her place to drag her outside.

Nayeon got into the penguin's room and sang an opera song as loud as she could. The penguin, who was woken up, could only groan and covered both of her ears using her pillow, but of course it didn't really do its job. Mina then was forced to wake up, a scowl was visible on her face.

"Haha, finally you wake up! I knew noone could resist my beautiful voice!" Nayeon boastfully said, flicking her hair.

Mina took a deep breath then released it to calm herself down. Otherwise, she would snap at Nayeon for sure.

"What do you want, Unnie?" She asked, annoyed.

"Let's go to the mall!" Nayeon proposed.

"Again?" Mina groaned.

"Oh come on, Minari! Don't tell me you're gonna spend the holiday all camped out in your room!" Nayeon griped.

"What's wrong with that?" Mina asked.

"Penguin! We're gonna go to the mall and that's final!" Nayeon asserted.

Mina groaned.

"Fine! Just let me take a bath and dress up first!" Mina relented.

"Okay! I'll be waiting downstairs!" Nayeon singed.

Mina then lazily walked to the bathroom in her own room to take a bath. Nayeon, on the other hand went to the dining room and just as she expected. Her other friend was sitting on the dining table, engulfing herself in a serving of Jokbal. She heaved a sigh.

"Mina is taking a bath right now!" She courtly informed her.

"Owh foof!" Momo replied, giving her thumbs up. (Oh good!)

Nayeon was disgusted by her friend's behavior, but it wasn't like she wasn't used to it. So, she just let it slide. Seeing Momo eat so appetizingly made her feel hungry herself, besides it was lunch hour. So, she also requested for food to Mina's maids, which was served almost immediately. The maids were used to Nayeon and Momo's presence in the mansion. Nayeon enjoyed her meal afterward.

"Here I thought my friends would wait for me to eat lunch together with them." Mina sarcastically said, not long after, appearing at the dining table after taking a bath.

"U wew taling foo lonl!" Momo said with full. (You were taking too long!)

"Momo unnie, ew" Mina griped.

"Sowy" Momo apologized. (Sorry)

Mina then also requested food, which was served immediately. They savored their lunch together, filling their tummies with nutritious food. Momo obviously finished first, followed by Nayeon and Mina was last.

"Alright, alright, the day is not young anymore! Let's go, girls!" Nayeon chirped.

They all then got on their way to the mall. When they arrived, Nayeon and Momo were having a blast going through all the clothing stores, while Mina was dying inside having to follow her two friends shopping. She knew they wouldn't buy anything in the end. They just liked looking at clothes, which Mina could never understand the point. She had always preferred shopping online. After hours of 'shopping', which was better called as, 'gawking at clothes'. They finally got tired. Mina celebrated in her mind.

"So, what are we gonna do now?" Mina asked.

"Wanna watch a movie?" Nayeon proposed.

"Watch a movie? We can do it at home!" Mina complained.

"But we can't watch the newest film, you penguin!" Nayeon snapped.

Mina groaned. They then headed to the theatre. They then skimmed through the movies and obviously Nayeon, being the romantic girl she was, chose a romance themed movie. Mina and Momo just tagged along. Momo was content with her single life as long as food was available, while Mina, well, let's just say things were complicated for Mina, that's why she hadn't been in a relationship ever since Mark, despite the long list of suitors. After watching the movie, they then went to have dinner at a restaurant .

At the middle of the dinner, Nayeon's phone ringed. Nayeon saw the caller's id and smiled.

"It's Jeongyeon!" She mouthed.

"Yes, babe!" Nayeon greeted cheerfully.

"What?" She asked.

"Let me think about it, ok?" Nayeon added.

"Baby, you know it's not like that!" Nayeon said, with worried tone.

"Thank you, baby! I love you!" She chirped then hung up.

She sighed.

"Jeongyeon proposed a trip, just for the two of us, before the holiday is over." Nayeon explained.

"Well, why do you refuse?" Mina asked.

"You only go out if we drag you! What if I leave? You probably will just camp inside your house!" Nayeon argued.

Mina was about to say there's still Momo, when Momo quickly said, "Ah, I forgot to tell you guys! I'm also leaving for home on the weekend! Food just always seems to distract me! That's why I didn't tell you guys earlier."

Momo smiled sheepishly. Nayeon heaved a heavy sigh.

"More reason why I shouldn't leave you!" Nayeon retorted.

"Unnie, I'm ok, really!" Mina reassured.

"What about tagging along, Mina?" Nayeon suggested.

Mina held Nayeon's hand and smiled.

"It's ok, unnie!" Mina reassured.

"Besides, I met someone I haven't met in a long time!" Mina added.

Nayeon furrowed her eyebrows.

"Who?" She questioned.

"Chaeyoung!" Mina answered with a smile.

Nayeon's eyes widened.

"Don't tell me-" Nayeon muttered.

Mina nodded.

Nayeon squealed.

"Whoa, is he still that cute?" Nayeon asked, excited.

"Well, he's gotten more handsome now and he can speak too!" Mina said.

"No way!" Nayeon chirped.

"Uhm, who is he, again? I'm kind of lost here!" Momo asked, confused.

"Son Chaeyoung, he almost ate with us once in middle school, remember? But he was shy, so he left with Mina before we could eat together. He also couldn't speak at the time because of an illness!" Nayeon explained.

"Wait, Son Chaeyoung? You mean this guy?" Momo asked, showing them an article about Chaeyoung. 

Both Nayeon and Mina opened their mouths in shock.