Fünfzehn (15)

Some Things Never Change

They then began practicing. They chose a song together and started experimenting some moves and started to brainstorm some concepts. Seeing that the clock struck 7:30 AM, they stopped practicing, to relax themselves before their first class. They sat on the floor wiping their sweats and hydrating themselves.

"Mina!" Jimin called.

"Y-yes?" Mina responded shyly.

"We should practice early in the morning on weekdays, 06:00 AM sharp! Are you okay with that?" Jimin asked.

"A-ah, y-yes, of course!" Mina stuttered.

Jimin smiled.

"Great! I've never had a ballet dance partner before, because most of the students in dance major here focus on modern dance and hip hop, even the ones who used to learn ballet eventually switched style in the end. I'm the only one who refused to switch style. I would like to experiment dancing with a partner. Are you okay with that?" Jimin explained.

Mina simply nodded her head.

"Great!" Jimin chirped.

"Let's go to our respective classes!" Jimin beamed.

"Ah, I forgot you're a freshman! You know what? I'll take you to your class!" Jimin added.

"I-it's not necessary! I know how to get to class!" She stuttered.

"I insist!" Jimin insisted.

"O-okay!" She agreed.

"Ah, Mina, just in case! Can I get your Kakao?" Jimin questioned.

Her face quickly turned red. Her heart beat faster

"S-sure." She breathed and gave him her kakao id.

"Thanks, Mina." He thanked her with a smile.

"Let's take you to your class! So, which class do you have to go to?" Jimin asked.






 

At lunch break as usual Mina ate with Nayeon and Momo. They were just munching on their lunch, savoring, filling their stomachs.

"It's been a while since we have girls' night. Are you girls up for it? You know, at Mina's place as usual." Nayeon proposed.

"Sure, I miss food in Mina's mansion!" Momo remarked.

"Uh guys, I don't think we'll be able to have girls' night anymore." Mina retorted.

"Why?" Momo asked casually.

"Because Chaeyoung now lives with me." Mina replied.

Nayeon who was currently drinking quickly spat out her drink and started coughing. Momo froze and widened her eyes. Momo and Nayeon locked eyes before glancing back at Mina.

They harmoniously chorused, "WHAT?"

Mina just nodded and giggled.

"M-Mina, I know you like him, but isn't it a little, um, inappropriate, you know?" Nayeon stuttered, rubbing her nape

"Why? He has his own room and you know how I hate being alone in that huge mansion. Besides, we used to have sleepover as well when we were kids." Mina whined.

"Yeah, but that's different..." Momo trailed.

"He agreed to live with you?" Nayeon asked.

"Yeah, he wanted to pay rent, or work for me, but I told him he didn't have to, because I love the fact that he's accompanying me and I'm not alone at the mansion anymore." Mina explained.

"Wow, you guys are fast, huh." Nayeon breathed.

"Huh?" Mina asked.

"Nothing." Nayeon replied.

"Anyway, are we still having girls' night? Plus Chaeyoung, of course." Momo asked.

"It's up to you Unnies, but just know that Chaeyoung is joining!" Mina remarked.

Nayeon shrugged.

"I'm fine with that." She muttered.

"Okay, then let's get to Mina's house this friday evening!" Momo beamed.

"Call!" Mina chirped. Nayeon nodded.






 

After going home from her Uni, Mina, who still didn't learn her lesson and who still didn't understand the concept of privacy, quickly went to Chaeyoung's temporary room and slided the door open, startling Chaeyoung, causing him to mess up on his painting. Mina widened her eyes and gasped as she realized what had happened. She didn't know that he was currently painting. Chaeyoung's face turned red in fury. He spent weeks just to perfect this painting and now it was ruined.

"C-chaengie! I'm sorry! I- I didn't mean it!" Mina apologized, fear could be heard from her tone. This was the first time for the young lady to see Chaeyoung mad. She had never seen him this angry before.

"Just get out!" He barked and Mina quickly shut the door and ran to her room. She started crying, feeling guilty and also scared of Chaeyoung's reaction. She knew how much he loved art and the attention of details that Chaeyoung put into his painting.

She still kept Chaeyoung's old sketchbook and Mina must say that Chaeyoung was talented as a 12 year-old boy, but he had improved a lot now that he was older, and he probably also took lessons back then to improve himself. Mina mentally scolded herself. She made a mental note, to knock quietly before entering his room from now on. Mina was anxious.

'How is Chaeyoung when he's angry?' She wondered.

Would he ignore her? Would he move out? Would he leave her again and never talk to her again? These thoughts invaded her mind. Mina started trembling. She couldn't bear the thought that Chaeyoung would leave her again. It wasn't easy to cope with it all these years and now that he was finally back, was he going go so soon? Mina cried her eyes out. She kept hitting her own head.

"Stupid Mina! Stupid Mina!" She shouted while hitting herself, blaming herself, getting anxious over the fact that Chaeyoung might leave her. Not long after, a knock on her door could be heard. Mina stayed put, didn't want to open the door.

"Mina, it's me! Can I please get in?" Chaeyoung calmly asked.

Mina shook her head as she tried to muffle her own cry. Was he here to bid his farewell? Mina hid herself under her blanket. No, she didn't want to hear him bidding farewell to her! She didn't think she would be able to handle the pain of parting with him ever again!

"Mina! If you don't open the door, I'll open then door, okay?" Chaeyoung softly said.

Mina still stayed put, not daring to face Chaeyoung.

"Ok, I'm going in!" Chaeyoung breathed.
He slided the door open and went to see Mina hiding underneath her blanket, even from afar he could see that Mina was trembling. He cursed at himself. It was just a small mistake yet he overreacted to the point that Mina got scared.

Chaeyoung gently removed the blanket and indeed Mina was violently trembling while silently crying her eyes out. This image broke Chaeyoung's heart into pieces. He gently lifted Mina's body and hugged her, rubbing her back, mumbling comforting words and apologizing to her. After some time, Mina began to stop crying but she was still trembling, he held her hands and caressed them to soothe her, kissing her crown over and over again in an attempt to calm her down.

"Mina, I'm sorry, ok? I overreacted! I didn't mean to scare you! Besides after racking my brain, I actually figured out a way to make the flaw seem intentional and in the end, it turned out better than I expected. Even if my painting had flaw because of you, I still shouldn't have gotten angry at you! It was just a painting. I'm sorry, Mina! I'm sorry, I made you scared." He whispered to her ears.

Mina wanted to say something, but she was too shaken, so she just stayed in his embrace. Chaeyoung constantly rubbed her back and kissed her crown. These continuous motions made Mina sleepy and after some time, Mina drifted to sleep. Chaeyoung, who realized, that Mina was asleep, quickly lied her down on her bed and tucked her in. He kissed her forehead before leaving her to rest. She must be exhausted after crying her eyes out like that.