Achtundzwanzig (28)

Some Things Never Change

The day where Jimin and Mina would perform finally came, Mina asked Chaeyoung to take her there, but he refused, saying that it would be too early for him. Mina then asked one of the drivers to take her there. Chaeyoung looked like he'd been very busy lately and rarely had time home.


Chaeyoung was a man of his words, so he came to watch Mina's performance, even though he dreaded this moment. Mina peeked from behind the curtain and spotted Chaeyoung there. It put a smile on her face.

"Now, for the last act! Let's welcome Mina and Jimin! They will be performing ballet!" The host declared.

Then, Mina and Jimin stepped on stage. Mina and Jimin danced so gracefully. Their chemistry was also amazing. It stunned the audience. Everyone clapped very loudly after the performance, except for Chaeyoung. Ever since, he took a seat, he just worlessly watched everything as he frowned.

"Thank you for coming, everyone! See you next event!" The host annouced after the performance.

Everyone starting filing out of the place, except for Chaeyoung. Mina and Jimin and the rest of the performers were celebrating backstage. They were proud to say that the event was successful. 

Nayeon and Momo were also among the performers. All the parents of the performers, except for some performers like Mina, Momo and Jimin, came to support their sons and daughters. Mina watched in envy as Nayeon was showered by her parents' affection.

"Your parents are busy, try to understand that!" Momo tried to comfort her.

Mina sighed.

"Where's Chaeyoung, btw?" Momo asked.

At that moment, Mina suddenly remembered about Chaeyoung.

"I saw him among the audience! He should be here!" Mina chirped.

She was about to go look for him when he appeared. Mina quickly sprinted to him and gave him a big hug.

"You came!" She squealed.

Chaeyoung didn't reciprocate the hug. Instead, he gently pushed Mina to get out of her embrace.

"Chaengie?" Mina whimpered, feeling rejected.

Chaeyoung went to Jimin.

"Jimin, can I talk to you for a moment?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Yeah, sure." Jimin replied.

"Not here." Chaeyoung retorted. 

So, Chaeyoung followed Jimin. Mina frowned as she watched Jimin follow Chaeyoung out. Since when did they talk to each other?


Jimin then realized that he was following Chaeyoung to his car.

"Where are you taking me? My stuffs are still backstage!" Jimin panicked.

"Relax! I'm not taking you anywhere! I just wanna talk to you! Get in!" Chaeyoung assured.

Both, Chaeyoung and Jimin got in the car. It was silent for a few minutes.

Until Chaeyoung started speaking, "Jimin, be honest with me, do you like Mina?" 

Jimin's face quickly turned pale.

"C-chaeyoung." He stuttered.

He gulped.

"Okay, I admit, I do have feelings for Mina. BUT, I promise you, I will move on soon and I promise you that I don't have any intention in stealing Mina from you." Jimin swore.

"Don't" Chaeyoung courtly said.

"What?" Jimin asked.

"Don't move on!" Chaeyoung elaborated.

Jimin just gave Chaeyoung a puzzled look.

"I will hand over Mina to you. Just promise me, that you will always be there for her, protect her and make her happy." Chayoung explained.

Jimin widened his eyes.

"You're joking!" He exclaimed.

"I am not, so come with me today, because I will break up with Mina today. I've thought about this for a week and I have made up my mind." Chaeyoung explained.

"Chaeyoung, you can't-" Jimin tried to stay, but was cut off by Chaeyoung.

"Just save it, Jimin! Nothing's going to change my mind!" Chaeyoung exclaimed.

"Look, I'm not gonna stop you from breaking up with Mina if that's what you really want to do, but please not now! The mid term is next week! Mina won't be able to concentrate on the exams if you break up with her now." Jimin pleaded.

Chaeyoung closed his eyes. Jimin had a point. Even if Chaeyoung was hurt by Mina, he still cared about her.

"Please, Chaeyoung, just one more week." Jimin pleaded again.

Chaeyoung sighed and nodded. Then, both gentlemen went back to the venue. 


Mina quickly sprinted to Chaeyoung and Jimin as they returned.

"Where have you guys been? What did you guy talk about?" Mina asked.

Jimin looked at Chaeyoung, but it seemed like Chaeyoung doesn't have any plan on answering. So Jimin answered for both of them.

"It's nothing that important, really." Jimin sheepishly answered.

Jimin pretended to look at the time.

"Oh, Mina! It's almost time for my bus! I have to go!" Jimin bid his farewell.

"Don't take the bus! I'll take you home! You know where I parked my car!" Chaeyoung ordered.

Mina was confused. Chaeyoung then left to go to his car. Mina turned to Jimin for answers, but Jimin just went to tidy his things up.


After dropping Jimin off, Mina started a conversation with Chaeyoung.

"Thank you for coming today, Chaeyoung." Mina thanked Chaeyoung sweetly.

However, there was no reaction from Chaeyoung at all.

"Chaengie, before we go home. Why don't we go to a cafe and eat ice cream? I'm craving for it right now!" Mina chirped.

"We have ice cream at home." Chaeyoung shortly answered.

"Yeah, I know, I just really want to eat ice cream outside right now, think of it as a date." Mina explained and gave him her gummy smiled.

"No." Chaeyoung refused.

Mina pouted.

"I don't understand. You've been asking me out on dates, but now that I ask to go on a date, you refuse?" Mina whined.

Chaeyoung just stayed quiet while frowning and Mina sulked for the rest of the ride. After parking the car in the garrage, Chaeyoung went out and left Mina behind. Mina felt more offended. She upsetly opened the car door and stomped her way to Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung was already on the dinner table, eating his dinner. Mina opened in disbelief and sat opposite Chaeyoung.

"Chaeyoung, what's wrong with you, today? You're being weird!" Mina complained.

"Just eat your food, Mina!" Chaeyoung snapped.

Mina couldn't handle it anyore. She started crying her eyes out. She had never been treated this way before. Seeing Mina crying, Chaeyoung was overwhelmed with guilt. He sighed and then went to sit beside Mina and pullled her into a hug and rubbed her back to comfort her. Mina continued crying in Chaeyoung's embrace.

"I'm sorry, Mina. I'm just really stressed lately. I'm sorry." Chaeyoung apologized.

"Come, let me feed you." Chaeyoung cooed and started feeding Mina. 

Mina finally calmed down as she ate her food. Not long after, she finished her food.

"Mina, I have to go, ok?" Chaeyoung said.

"Where do you wanna go? What time will you be back?" Mina asked.

"I have to go somewhere. It's important. I'll be back very soon!" Chaeyoung answered. 

Mina then reluctantly let him go. Chaeyoung then left.