Dreiundvierzig (43)

Some Things Never Change

"Sir, Mr. Chou is on line 3, wanting to talk to you." Secretatry Kim reported.

Mrs. Myoui raised her eyebrow. Mr. Myoui then picked up line 3.

"Hello, Chou. Hahahaha." He cheerfully greeted.

"Hey, Myoui. Haha. We have decided." Mr. Chou retorted. "Yes, we agree." 

Mr. Myoui had to stop himself from jumping.

"Oh, thank you! Thank you! You won't regret this!" Mr. Myoui thanked Mr. Chou.

"Let's meet again tomorrow! 12 PM at the same restaurant. I'll bring Tzuyu there and you should bring Mina. Let the young ones settle! Haha." Mr. Chou proposed.

"Oh, yeah, sure! See you tomorrow then!" Mr. Myoui greeted before hanging up the phone.

Mr. Myoui couldn't stop himself from grinning.

"So?" Mrs. Myoui asked.

"Well, they invited us to have lunch together with Mina and Tzuyu this time." Mr. Myoui replied.

"Only that?" Mrs. Myoui pressed.

"Y-yeah." Mr. Myoui lied

Mr. Myoui raised her eyebrow but decided not to argue with him.

 

 

That evening during dinner.

"Mina, honey! Tomorrow let's go out, just the three of us! Chaeyoung and Yeri don't mind, right?" Mr. Myoui asked.

Mrs. Myoui clicked her tongue. Chaeyoung and Yeri nodded. Mina's eyes sparkled.

"We're going out together as a family!" Mina exclaimed. "Yeeeeyyyyy."

Mina giggled excitingly. 

"Chaeyoung and Yeri can come too!" Mrs. Myoui chimed in, feeling a little embarrassed. 

Mina looked down.

"Just for once, please! This is the first family outing, we've ever had. We can go together, all 5 of us, next time!" Mina pleaded.

"Yeah, I'm totally fine!" Chaeyoung casually said.

"Me too." Yeri agreed.

"We can also go out together! Just the two of us!" Chaeyoung chirped.

"What?" Mina asked. She frowned. "Then, Chaeyoung and Yeri should join our outing!"

"Nah, it's ok! You guys go! Just the 3 of you." Chaeyoung breathed.

Mina sighed.

'Fine! Just this one time, I'll let you!' Mina sulked.

 


"Tomorrow! Dress yourself well! You're going to meet your future bride." Mr. Chou announced.

Tzuyu just looked up. He wasn't at all shocked. He knew this was coming. He just hoped his future bride wouldn't be too insufferable. "Yes, Father." 

 

 

 

It was a Saturday and Mina never woke up early on weekend but this day, Mrs. Myoui still woke her up at 7 in the morning to have breakfast together. Even though, she was kind of annoyed but it wouldn't ruin her day. Today would be the best day ever for her for it was the first time ever they would have a family outing. 

Mina piched her arm. It hurt. She giggled. She couldn't really believe that this day was coming. What could be the reason? Was it because they finally realized they were wrong for ignoring her? Anyway, she couldn't care less. Today was gonna be a great day and nothing would ruin it. She went to shower before going to the dining room to eat breakfast.

 

 

 

After breakfast, Mina's parents went upstairs. Yeri and Chaeyoung went to their own rooms. Mina followed Chayeoung to his room and jumped to his embrace, giggling excitingly.

"Whoa!" Chaeyoung exclaimed as Mina jumped to him. "Someone's happy today!"

"Yes, Chaengie! I'm really happy! We're having our first family outing!" She cheered excitingly. "Let's cuddle!"

So, they went to cuddle on the bed.

"I can't believe this day was coming!" Mina chirped.

"Is this really the first ever?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Yeah, my parents never took me anywhere except for the company or for business. So I whined that I wanted to go to other places. Instead of complying, they hired bodyguards to guard me and I went alone with the bodyguards." Mina retold. "But today's gonna be awesome."

"I'm glad then!" Chaeyoung muttered.

"Changie?"

"Hm?" Chaeyoung responded.

"Let's get back together? I've already introduced you to my parents as my boyfriend anyway, so?"

"You're not supposed to do that, you know?" Chaeyoung gently cooed.

Mina frowned a little. "You're upset with me?"

Chaeyoung shook his head. "I just don't think I have prepared well for it. I wanna impress them, you know?"

"Aww, Chaengie! You don't need to change a single thing. You're perfect for me!" Mina cooed. "So, we're back together?" Mina looked expectantly at Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung nodded.

"Yeeeeyyyy!" Mina giggled. "Today couldn't get any better. First family outing plus getting my boyfriend back!"

"Are you still going out with Yeri though?" she frowned.

Chaeyoung gently Mina's head. She instantly relaxed. "Yeri lost a lot of stuffs when she was kicked out of her place and we've beeen too busy with our project that we haven't had a chance to buy them yet. I just want to help her."

"Oh, poor Yeri..." Mina retorted. "Is she an orphan?"

"No, but she's from the countyside. A very remote area."

"Oh, ok." Mina replied. "Let's sleep a little bit and then I'll have to prepare for the trip. I wanna take my time to look pretty today."

Chayeoung hummed. Mina fell a sleep not long after. Chaeyoung grabbed his sketchbook and started sketching his girlfriend. He just couldn't escape her charm. She's too pretty.

 

 

 

After sketching Mina, Chaeyoung glanced at his bedside clock. It was almost 9 o'clock. He put his sketchbook and pencil on the table and gently shook Mina awake.

"Mina, wake up! It's almost 9!" Chaeyoung whispered.

Mina slowly stirred awake. 

"It's nine already?" She asked with her hoarse voice since she just woke up.

Chaeyoung hummed.

"Ok then, I'll have to prepare for the outing. You prepare to go out with Yeri too. Bye." Mina chirped before going to her room.

 

 

 

After Mina was done preparing herself, Mr. and Mrs. Myoui were already waiting for her in the living room. Mina  slowly walked to them. She did a little spin to show off her look.

"Hohoho! Out daughter is so beautiful today! Of course because her father is handsome!" Mr. Myoui joked.

Mrs. Myoui scoffed. "She resembles me not you!"

"Don't listen to your mother!" Mr. Myoui retorted. "Anyway, I know you're pretty but I want you to look even prettier that noone can resist your beauty! We're going shopping today! Are you excited?" 

"Really?" Mina exclaimed. "Of course! Let's go!"

And then Mina sprinted to the garage. Mr. Myoui laughed at her antic.

'Everything's going according to plan.'