Drei (3)

Some Things Never Change

"The Heir to Son's Corp. Is Finally Revealed" was written on the top of the article. Below it was the picture of Son Chaeyoung and his father. Mina and Nayeon were shocked to discover it.

"I saw the article yesterday. He's quite a hot topic right now." Momo nonchallantly commented.

Nayeon quickly grabbed the phone from Momo's hand and skimmed through the article. Mina also peeked to read the article. After confirming that indeed the young man was the heir of Son's Corp. They were left in shock. Momo sneakily took her phone back.

"Life has definitely changed for that boy, huh!" Mina muttered.

"You're the one to say! You're also an heir to a mega company! Besides, haven't you met him? Why are you so shocked?" Nayeon complained.

"He didn't mention it to me!" Mina retorted back.

"Besides, how did you meet him again?" Nayeon asked.

Mina then told the story plus everything Chaeyoung told her that day.

"I feel bad for Chaeyoung's father, but at the same time he was foolish too. That's why, premarital is always risky, it's better to wait till marriage! Me and Jeongyeon also promise to only do it once we're married! Ah, I'm so lucky to have someone like Jeongyeon!" She dreamily said.

" Anyway, of course in this kind of situation the woman always gets it worse. I feel really sad for Chaeyoung's mom. She had so much potential! A top student, inspiring doctor, but couldn't even go to college, she died young too. What a wasted life!" Nayeon continued.

"But I'm glad Chaeyoung got treatment! He looked really pitiful back then!" Momo remarked.

"Me too, and to think my boyfriend was involved in bullying him...." Nayeon lamented and looked down.

"My ex was the bully too...." Mina added, looking down as well.

"But time is changing! Jeongyeon is now more mature! Although, we haven't kept in contact with those boys in a long time! I'm sure they've changed too! Besides, it was 6 years ago and based on your story, Chaeyoung seems to have moved on from it already!" Nayeon cheered Mina up.

"I'm still feeling guilty for not being there for him in his tough times, though. Like, I promised his mother I would take care of him, but I was busy swooning over my bully boyfriend instead. I didn't even attend the funeral of his mother. I was such a bad friend." Mina bewailed.

"If only I could turn back time..." Mina wished.

Nayeon held Mina's hand.

"Mina, you need to move on! Open up a new page! You need to forgive yourself! Besides, things turned out well for Chaeyoung in the end. You can't be stuck in the past! Let go and move forward! Stop torturing yourself!" Nayeon adviced.

Mina formed a small smile.

"Thanks, Nayeon Unnie" Mina thanked Nayeon.

Nayeon may be annoying at times, but Nayeon was truly an older sister figure for Mina and the latter was forever grateful for the former's existence in her life.

"You need to open up more, Mina! It's okay to make mistakes! It's what makes us humans. Just remember not to make the same mistake again!" Nayeon added.

"Ok, Unnie!" Mina agreed.

"Wow, Nayeon's suddenly so wise!" Momo marvelled.

Nayeon smacked her head.

"You dork!" Nayeon muttered.

Momo just rubbed her head while pouting.

"So, did you guys exchange phone numbers?" Nayeon asked.

"Of course" Mina replied.

"Then, what are you waiting for? Text him!" Nayeon urged.

"I can do it later!" Mina responded.

"Do it now in front of me! So I can be sure that you have a friend to hang out with! Otherwise you'll just camp out in your room everyday!" Nayeon courtly said.

"Unnie, you're exaggerating!" Mina whined.

"As if it's not true! Text him now or I'll do it for you!" Nayeon beseeched.

"Fine!" Mina relented.

Mina then took out her phone and scrolled through her contact list. She opened the text messaging app to text Chaeyoung, but was lost at what she should say.

"I don't know how to start!" She awkwardly laughed.

"Just say good evening and ask him to hang out with you!" Nayeon retorted.

"Easy for you to say! I'm just scared it will be awkward! We've just met each other again last week after not meeting each other for a long time, you know? It's kind of awkward!" Mina snapped.

"Give me your phone!" Momo said then grabbed Mina's phone. Mina was not expecting it so she didn't put up her defense. Momo typed something on Mina's phone and gave the phone back to Mina.

"What the? Momo unnie, what did you send to him?" Mina panicked, quickly reading the text.

'Hi Chaeyoung, this is Mina. I'm bored, it's a long holiday and my friends are all away! Wanna hang out? I'll be really happy if you're willing!'

Nayeon peeked to see the text.

"What the? Momo Unnie! You make it sound like I'm desperate for friends!" Mina whined.

Nayeon just chortled. While, Momo was confused.

"Aren't you, though?" Momo asked cluelessly.

"Unnie, you're embarrassing me!" Mina whined further.

Nayeon laughed out loud while Momo was as confused as ever. Mina covered her face.

"Mina, we are the only friends you have, because you refused to befriend other people after middle school! You pretty much changed 180 degrees, from the famous Myoui Mina to a closed off, lonely Mina." Momo added.

Mina looked down.

"I didn't want what happened with Chaeyoung to repeat! I realized how blinded I was with all the attention that I got that I neglected Chaeyoung. So, I decided to isolate myself, just keeping few close friends nearby" Mina murmured.

Mina's phone beeped.

'Hi Mina, thanks for texting me! To be honest, I'm bored too! I don't have friends here in Seoul! I've just been painting at my apartment lately! Boring.... I would really love hanging out with you! But, It's been a long time since I've been in Seoul again! I'm not familiar with the places here! You should pick the place, ok? 😁😁'

Nayeon and Momo peeked to see the text.

"It turned out well in the end!" Nayeon chirped.

Mina just groaned but smiled warmly at the text.

'Okay, let me think of a place! I'll text you again tomorrow Chaeyoung!' Mina texted back.

'Ok Mina 😄. I'll be waiting!' Chaeyoung replied.

Nayeon, who was peeking at the text, squealed and Mina covered her ears, because Nayeon squealed near her ear.