Achtzehn (18)

Some Things Never Change

Chaeyoung gave his painting a finishing touch. After he was satisfied, he went back inside. First thing he noticed was some burning smell and it came from the kitchen. He quickly put his painting on the ground and went there. He saw the girls screaming in panic. Smokes billowing out of the pan on the stove. There was also fire devouring whatever was on the pan. He grabbed a fire extinguisher nearby. Good thing, he paid attention to the location of the device.

"Stand back!" He shouted to the girls and quickly shot the fire extinguisher at the pan. After the fire died down, he quickly turned the stove off. He put the fire extinguisher on the ground, then quickly went to Mina. His hands instantly went to her face.

"Mina, are you ok?" He asked as he scanned her for any injuries, concern was heard on his tone.

Mina nodded. He quickly embraced her.

"Gosh Mina! You made me worried!" He scolded.

"I'm sorry!" Mina apologized in a small voice.

Witnessing Chaeyoung so worried and protective of Mina made Nayeon realize that not only Mina was in love with Chaeyoung, but Chaeyoung was obviously heads over heels for Mina. His worried gaze, his protective arms as he embraced Mina. It was really obvious that he loved Mina so much and the fact that he only went to make sure Mina was ok, when Nayeon and Momo were affected as well made it even more clear.

Momo cleared to gain Chaeyoung's attention, feeling somewhat offended Chaeyoung only went to Mina. When Nayeon and Momo were also there. Nayeon didn't have time to stop Momo. Momo obviously hadn't caught on the fact that Chaeyoung was having his moment with Mina. Chaeyoung finally noticed them. He let go of Mina.

"Oh sorry, are you guys alright?" He asked, apologetically.

"Yes!" Momo answered, sarcastically.

"Gosh, what happened?" Chaeyoung questioned.

"We were trying to cook, but ended up burning the kitchen down!" Nayeon explained in a small voice, feeling somewhat guilty.

"If you guys are inexperienced, then get the maids to help! Or you can ask ME to help! What if the fire was bigger?" Chaeyoung scolded.

"Chaeyoung enough! You shouldn't scold Nayeon unnie like that! She's still older than you!" Mina fired.

Chaeyoung sighed.

"Sorry!" He muttered.

"What are you guys trying to cook anyway?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Spaghetti Bolognese." Nayeon answered.

Chaeyoung widened his eyes.

"How is it possible to burn the kitchen down, when you guys are just cooking pasta?" He asked.

"You know what, never mind! Let me do the cooking!" He added.

He kicked the girls out of the kitchen then went to proceed to cook. After about 45 minutes, he was done and served it on the dining table. He called the girls and the girls came over.

"Wow, it smells appetizing!" Nayeon complimented.

Chaeyoung smiled.

"Eat a lot, then!" Chaeyoung beamed.

"I didn't know you can cook!" Mina commented.

"Me and dad went camping a lot, so he taught me how to cook!" Chaeyoung answered.

"Wow!" Momo exclaimed. "It's kind of ironic, how the only guy here is the only one that can cook! I feel embarrassed as a girl!"

"Haha, Don't be! Cooking is not really a girl thing, though! Not to rub it on you girls' faces, but the best chef in the world is a guy!" He shrugged.

"Alright, dig in!" He exclaimed.

They all then started eating. Indeed, the pasta was delicious. Chaeyoung was definitely experienced. Halfway through, Nayeon sighed and Chaeyoung panicked.

"Why? Something wrong with the pasta?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Ah! No! No! It's just...." She trailed.

"You're so good at cooking, kind of reminds me of Jeongyeon. He's also an excellent cook. I decided to learn how to cook today, so that I could be a good wife for my future husband, but it seems like it's impossible!" Nayeon bewailed.

Chaeyoung beamed a smile, his dimples shown.

"Hey, hey! Don't lose hope! How about learning how to cook with me? I'll teach you how to cook!" Chaeyoung chirped.

"Really?" Nayeon asked.

Chaeyoung nodded.

"Where do you live at the moment?" Chaeyoung asked.

"In my own house with my parents!" Nayeon replied.

"Good! I'll come to your house to teach you!" Chaeyoung retorted.

"Your phone number? So, I can contact you, noona! I promise, I'll help you impress Jeongyeon hyung!" Chaeyoung chirped, determined to help Nayeon.

Nayeon quickly averted her eyes at Mina, afraid that Mina would be jealous, but no trace of jealousy was seen on her face. The girl was just smiling brightly. Nayeon was confused. Yeah, of course, Mina knew that she was taken and there was nothing to be jealous about, but still if she was in Mina's place, she definitely would be jealous. Jeongyeon asking another girl's phone number, even wanting to come to that girl's place, would definitely drive her crazy. She was starting to doubt that Mina was really in love with Chaeyoung.

"Hello, Noona!" Chaeyoung shouted to get Nayeon's attention.

"Ah, ok, haha, I'll give you my phone number later!" Nayeon answered.

"Great!" Chaeyoung chirped.

"Ah, by the way Chaeng! Are you and Jeongyeon okay?" Nayeon asked, worried of some bad blood between her boyfried and the boy.

"Yeah, we're fine! Jeongyeon hyung apologized already on our first day! He was never awful, you know? He simply threatened me not to snitch, not like I would anyway! So, it's cool!" Chaeyoung chirped.

"But still, he wasn't supposed to do that!" Nayeon argued.

"Yeah, but it's all cool! He's still as cool as ever! And still very obsessed with basketball!" Chaeyoung joked.

"Yeah, that's Jeongyeon! Sometimes, I get upset, cause he spends so much time on basketball! I know it sounds ridiculous, but I'm jealous of basketball! Feels like he would choose basketball over me!" Nayeon complained.

Chaeyoung snickered.

"My best buddy now is also Tzuyu!" Chaeyoung informed.

Nayeon gasped.

"Are you guys fine?" Nayeon asked.

"Yeah, Tzuyu never actually bullied me, but he still apologized for not standing up for me." Chaeyoung explained.

"That's great that you're comfortable with them now!" Nayeon exclaimed.

"Yeah, I've moved on, so you guys don't need to worry about what happened in the past anymore!" He beamed.