Einunddreißig (31)

Some Things Never Change

As promised after one night of sleepover, which Mina slept on top of Chaeyoung because of how small the bed was. Mina went back home. Both of them had one week break before the midterm exam and they both studied hard. Tzuyu occasionally came over to Chaeyoung's place to study together and then one week of midterm exam and the week after that another one week break.

Mina excitedly went home after the exam. She already instructed the maids to pack her bag and then she drove to Chaeyoung's condo. She rang the doorbell excitedly. Chaeyoung opened the door with messy bedhead and barely opened eyes. He took a nap after the exam because of how exhusted he was.

"Hi, Chaengie!" She chirped.

Chaeyoung just wordlessly stepped aside to let Mina in. Mina dragged her suitcase then slumped herself on the couch.

"So, what do you think, Chaengie? Should we get a bigger condo?" Mina excitedly asked. "I still have many things."

"Oh, um, I actually already booked a flight to Busan." Chaeyoung informed.

Mina went quiet for awhile.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Mina asked, kind of annoyed, she wasn't informed.

"Well, whatever, I'm coming with you, then!" Mina chirped.

Chaeyoung widened his eyes.

"The flight is tomorrow!" He reasoned, not wanting Mina to come. He was planing to break up with her before the flight.

"It's fine, Chaengie. I have a private jet! I'll just inform my dad to arrange the flight for me." Mina argued back. Mina then took out her phone to call her dad.

Chaeyoung groaned internally. Why was it that every time he tried to break up with Mina. His attempt was always futile?


 

The next day, they got to the incheon airport to fly to Busan, using Mina's private jet. During the flight, Mina kept on searching online for a bigger condo and always asking him which one he liked. He had to make an excuse by saying he was sleepy to escape it. He faked sleeping at first, but eventually fell asleep for real.
 

After touching down, Chaeyoung and Mina were picked up by his dad. This is something he liked about his father. His father had always put him above everything. His father must have cancelled some meeting and his father could just order one of their drivers to pick him up, but chose to personally pick him up.

Mina was flustered. This was her first time meeting Chaeyoung's dad. Though Mina couldn't see his face clearly because he was driving up front, while she was in the back with Chaeyoung.

"Hi Chaengie, oh, and is this Mina?" Chaeyoung's father greeted cheerfully, checking his passengers through the rear view mirror.

"Y-yes, uncle. I'm Mina." Mina shyly stuttered.

"Wow, you look more beautiful in person. No wonder Chaengie is head over heels for you." Chaeyoung's father complimented.

Mina bowed shyly. She blushed a little.

"Daddy!" Chaeyoung whined.

"What? Aren't you guys together? Why are you still shy?" Chaeyoung's father said in defense. Cheyoung just kept silent.

"Mina, do you know that ever since he started talking, Chaeyoung couldn't stop talking about you?" Chaeyoung's father shared the fact.

"Daddy!" Chaeyoung whined with his face turning red. Mina just turned to him, surprised by the revelation. Chaeyoung didn't look back.

"He also drew tons of pictures of you." Chaeyoung's father continued.

"Daddy!" He whined.

"I think he was also having wet dreams about you!" Chaeyoung's father went on.

Both Mina and Chaeyoung widened their eyes.

"DADDY!" Chaeyoung shouted.

"Alright, alright, I'll stop, jeez!" Chaeyoung's father gave up.

Chaeyoung was so embarrassed, he couldn't look at Mina in the eyes anymore.
 

Arriving at Chaeyoung's mansion, Chaeyoung quickly dragged Mina to his bedroom, not wanting his dad to embarrass his even more. He opened the door a little before closing it again. His cheeks were tinted pink. Mina was confused.

"What's wrong?" Mina asked.

"Um, wait here, ok?" Chaeyoung instructed then sprinted to his father, who was drinking coffee in the living room while reading his newspaper.

"Daddy, didn't I tell you to tell the maids to change the bed first?" Chaeyoung whisper-shouted.

Chaeyoung's dad furrowed his eyebrows before palming himself in the head. He chuckled.

"Oh, sorry, I forgot! Your father's getting old! Ha ha ha." His father chuckled.

Chaeyoung face palmed.

"Then tell the maids to do it now." His dad casuallly said.

Chaeyoung sighed.
 

Meanwhile Mina, who was overwhelmed with curiosity, pushed the door open and saw this bed. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.kidsfurniturefdo.com.au%2Fproduct%2Fno-5-special-racing-car-bed%2F&psig=AOvVaw3gJRQ1znAH1hb-rYFWDkMV&ust=1646707438295000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAsQjRxqFwoTCNCIgLL9svYCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD

 

Mina chortled. Chaeyoung must be embarrassed for still sleeping at this kind of bed. She explored his room more and saw tons of his sketches framed on the wall. Chaeyoung's dad wasn't lying when he said Chaeyoung drew her a lot and she could clearly see the progression on the sketches. Some must be drawn when he was younger.

Of course, Chaeyoung also drew his beloved mother a lot and occasional drawing of him and his dad, adventuring together. She recalled him telling her that Chaeyoung and his dad always had dad and son bonding time, which made her envy him, because she could never have those with her parents.

Chaeyoung surprisingly also read a lot, but mostly were non-fiction books. She, herself, wasn't really keen on reading, but if she did read, it would always be novel. There was not a single electronic device, except for a PC. They were totally the complete opposite.

After telling the maids to switch the bed, Chaeyoung hastily climbed the stairs, praying that Mina didn't enter his room, but of course, Mina did. Chaeyoung's face and ears turned red. Argh, he hated his father sometimes.

"Mina, let's get out of here, first! The maids will, um, tidy up the room first and also unpack your stuffs." He embarrassingly said.

Mina just giggled.

"No need to be embarrassed, Chaengie! I think your room is very interesting, unlike my room and you have an amazing talent! I envy you." Mina chuckled.

Chaeyoung's face and ears turned redder, if that was even possible.

"You're talented too!" Chaeyoung returned.