Fünfundzwanzig (25)

Some Things Never Change

"Um, Chaeng, so this is Jimin and Jimin, this is Chaeyoung, my, um.." Mina introduced but was interrupted by Chaeyoung.

"Her boyfriend!" He intoned.

In that instant, Jimin felt like cold water was poured on him. He widened his eyes. Chaeyoung offered his hand for a handshake and Jimin took it. Chaeyoung crushed Jimin's hand to assert dominance and shot Jimin a warning look, as if warning Jimin to back off. Jimin winced because of the strong grip.

"Nice to meet you, Jimin." Chaeyoung drawled, faking his friendliness.

"Ni-nice to meet you too." Jimin stuttered.

They then let go of each other's hands.

"Mina told me many things about you." Chaeyoung added.

Jimin forced a smile.

"Well, I would love to chat with you, but I'm afraid I must return to my own Uni. So long! Have fun practicing!" Chaeyoung sassed.

He then purposefully grabbed Mina by the waist and crashed their lips to each other. Mina's face quickly turned pink. Chaeyoung was really rough and she was struggling to keep up. Jimin felt like he was stabbed a million times upon watching the scene.

After releasing Mina, Chaeyoung saw Jimin's horrified expression. He smirked in satisfaction. He then waved goodbye for one last time, before leaving the room. He chuckled in satisfaction. That should put Jimin in his place.

Jimin never felt more betrayed than he was that day. Felt like it was just yesterday. They were happily having a date at the mall. What happened to that? What happened to Mina, who was blushing happily when he held her hand? What happened to their synced heartbeat when they accidentally fell. Was it his own imagination?

He did have a hunch that he should've confessed to Mina after their date, but he felt like it was too early and he was so sure that what they felt was mutual. How was it that in just a span of days, Mina was taken by someone else? Was he missing something?

"Ji-jimin, should we start with practice?" Mina asked, with her small voice.

Jimin glanced at Mina. Mina was looking down, not daring to make eye contact with Jimin and Jimin could only sigh and they wordlessly started their routine. Jimin tried to concentrate that day, but he just couldn't. He couldn't wrap his head around what was going on. 

"Mina, I'm sorry, I'm just not feeling well. We should continue this tomorrow." Jimin courtly said. He then grabbed all his stuffs and fled the studio without sparing a glance at Mina. Mina then sat on the floor and started breaking down. She hurt Jimin. She didn't want to hurt Chaeyoung but ended up hurting Jimin in the end.

 


Meanwhile on break time at JeoChaeTzu's table, Jeongyeon and tzuyu were congratulating Chaeyoung. They were cheering Chaeyoung on and teasing him. It made Chaeyoung embarassed, but happy.

"So, Chaeng Chaeng finally got a girlfriend, huh!" Jeongyeon teased.

"Stop!" Chaeyoung whined.

"I admire your determination. 6 Years is a long time." Tzuyu remarked.

Chaeyoung smiled.

"Guess. you're the only one, who's single, Tzuyu!" Jeongyeon teased.

"What's the point of getting into a relationship? My parents wouldn't give me blessing if the girl isn't of their choice." Tzuyu reasoned.

"What the? That's so sad!" Jeongyeon commented.

Tzuyu just shrugged.

"You should try talking to your parents, who knows they might change their mind!" Chaeyoung advised.

Tzuyu just kept silent. His parents weren't the type to listen to him at all, besides he wasn't interested in anyone at the moment.

 

 


Chaeyoung was extra happy as he picked Mina up after class. Meanwhile, Mina was gloomy. She still felt bad about Jimin, She wordlessly got into Chaeyoung's car upon noticing Chaeyoung's arrival.

"So, how's today?" Chaeyoung started a conversation.

"It's fine." Mina muttered without emotion,

"Cool." Chaeyoung responded.

"Should we go the mall to have a date?" Chaeyoung asked. " You know, our first date as a couple."

"What? No? You know how much I hate going to the mall!" Mina rejected.

Chaeyoung frowned. Mina didn't have any problem going to the mall with Jimin, though. Chaeyoung was then in a bad mood for the rest of the ride. He was jealous of Jimin, who could get Mina to agree to go to the mall with him so effortlessly.

After arriving at their home, Chaeyoung didn't wait for Mina to get out o the car first, but entered their home first, leaving Mina behind. That was when Mina noticed that Chaeyoung was in a bad mood. Mina sighed. She didn't have any strength to deal with this.

 


Mina knocked on Chaeyoung's room's door.

"Chaengie..." She called, but Chaeyoung was not reponding.

"Chaeng, I'm sorry, let's go to the mall, if that's what you really want." Mina apologized, half-heartedly.

Chaeyoung got even more upset hearing that. It sounded like he was forcing Mina to do it. He wanted to be angry at Mina, but then he remembered that this was just a day after they became official. They couldn't break up so soon, could they? 

He sighed and opened the door. Mina looked so exhausted, like all her energy was out of her. He suddenly felt compassionate. He pulled Mina to his embrace.

"I'm sorry, it's my fault. I know how much you hate going to the mall, yet I suggested to go there for our date. I promise not to repeat the same mistake ever again." Chaeyoung  apologized.

Mina shot him a small smile.

"You look really tired, Mina. Do you wanna rest?" Chaeyoung asked.

Mina nodded weakly.

"Cuddle me, Chaeng." Mina requested.

They then cuddled on Chaeyoung's bed. Chaeyoung played with Mina's hair as they cuddled. It comforted Mina a bit, but her heart still ached as she pictured Jimin's heartbroken face. It's all her fault. She felt lost now. It was like she had to choose between Chaeyoung and Jimin and she didn't know if she made the right choice. Jimin looked so betrayed and heartbroken, but if she chose Jimin, then Chaeyoung would be the one hurt. Mina sighed.