Vierzig (40)

Some Things Never Change

"What's going on?" Nayeon exclaimed.

Mina gulped.

"My parents are going home." She dreaded.

Nayeon's eyes lit up. She clapped her hands like a seal.

"Isn't that great? Mina, you're always complaining that your parents are always away and they never pay attention to you. Now, they're coming home. Aren't you supposed to be happy?" Nayeon asked.

Mina looked down.

"I know, it's just that...., I'm afraid it'll be awkward. It has been a really long time." Mina quietly muttered.

"It won't be. Don't worry too much!" Nayeon assured.

"I also haven't told them about Chaeyoung living with us, and now Yeri." She awkwardly chuckled.

"What!?" Nayeon exclaimed.

Mina grumbled.

 

 

Meanwhile the Architecture students started working on their project in Chaeyoung's room in Mina's mansion right after their dismissal. Mina came home quickly too after dismissal and barged into Chaeyoung's room and gave him a backhug. Yeri and Tzuyu greeted her. 

"Whoa! What's wrong?" Chaeyoung asked.

"My parents are coming home, Chaengie." Mina whined.

"Oh." Chaeyoung muttered.

"D-do they know about me and Yeri living here?" Chaeyoung stuttered.

Mina shook her head. Yeri widened her eyes. 

"!" Chaeyoung cursed.

"Yeri, Tzuyu, let's pack our things and tidy our things up. Let's continue in the condo!" Chaeyoung instructed.

"You'll leave me here alone?" Mina asked, upset.

"I-I mean, your parents don't know about me and Yeri living here, what if they don't like it?" Chaeyoung retorted.

"Don't leave me, Chaengie. Please!" Mina pleaded.

"Mina..." Chaeyoung trailed.

"It's alright, Chaeyoung." Tzuyu chimed in. "I'm sure, Mr. and Mrs. Myoui wouldn't mind." 

Chaeyoung looked down. Yeri too. 

"Alright then, I hope they really don't mind." Chaeyoung breathed.

And Chaeyoung continued doing the project with Mina sitting on his lap and hugging him like a koala.

 

 

 

After hours of working, it was evening already, suddenly there was a knock on the door. Chaeyoung, Yeri and Tzuyu all turned their heads to the door. Mina was already asleep, still holding on to Chaeyoung, head on Chaeyoung's shoulder.

"Yes?" Chaeyoung called out.

"Mr. and Mrs. Myoui have arrived. They will be at the dining room shortly." One of the maids announced.

Chaeyoung gulped.

"O-okay." Chaeyoung stuttered.

Chaeyoung started to shake Mina awake.

"Mina, wake up!" Chaeyoung whisper-shouted.

Mina groaned but continued sleeping.

"Mina! Your parents are here!" Chaeyoung added.

Mina then jumped awake.

"WHAT!?" Mina shouted.

"Your parents will be at the dining room." Chaeyoung told.

Mina looked down.

"I'm not ready." Mina whined.

"It'll be alright. I'll be right beside you. " Chaeyoung cooed.

Mina took a deep breath.

"Alright." She breathed.

 

 

 

 


The four of them then headed to the dining table. The three guests bowed politely and greeted Mr. and Mrs. Myoui, who were stunned.

"Oh we have guests?" Mrs. Myoui asked.

"M-mama" Mina stuttered. It had been a really long time since she said that word.

"This is my boyfriend, Chaeyoung. His friends, Tzuyu and Yeri. Chaeyoung and Yeri are staying here because I want Chaeyoung to stay here to accompany me and because Yeri has no place to stay." Mina timidly introduced.

Mr. Myoui just worlessly stared at Chaeyoung, Yeri and Tzuyu with no expression which made Yeri and Chaeyoung nervous.

"Then, we hope you like it here." Mrs. Myoui warmly said, which made Chaeyoung and Yeri exhaled in relief.

"Take a seat and join our meal and relax haha." Mrs. Myoui added.

As they took their seats, Mr. Myoui finally spoke, "You're Chou Tzuyu? The Chou's heir?" 

Tzuyu was shocked.

"Yes, sir." Tzuyu answered.

"Then we have met before hahaha." Mr. Myoui heartily said.

Tzuyu just hummed.

"Oh, Tzuyu, you have grown so well haha. Send my regards to your parents, ok?" Mr. Myoui added.

"Ah, yes, sir." Tzuyu awkwardly responded.

"Why so formal? Call me uncle!" Mr. Myoui added.

They then started eating.

"So, Tzuyu, how do you like it here in South Korea? Don't you miss your hometown?" Mr. Myoui asked.

"I've lived here since primary school so I'm used to it already and I go home once in a while so it's fine." Tzuyu answered.

"Ah, that's nice." Mr. Myoui responded. "How long have you been friends with Mina?" 

"With due respect, sir, um, I mean uncle. We've never been friends. We did go to the same school for 6 years but we've never really talked to each other." Tzuyu retorted.

"But what do you think about Mina?" Mr. Myoui asked.

At this question, Mina and Chaeyoung, who were just eating in silence raise their heads. What a strange question.

"I think Mina is very kind. She had helped Chaeyoung back then when he was bullied and now also helping Yeri, who's having a hard time." Tzuyu answered.

Mr. Myoui laughed happily. He was smiling to himself the rest of the meal. Everyone was confused. After a while, everyone finished eating. 

"Mama, Papa. I've finished eating, so I'll go to my room now." Mina politely said.

"Ah yes, we will go to our room too." Mr. Myoui retorted. "Tzuyu, are you staying here?" 

"Ah no, then I will go home now." Tzuyu 

"Do you need a vehicle?" Mr. Myoui asked.

"No, i brought my car."

"Very well, be careful then."

Mina then dragged Chaeyoung to her room.

"Wait a second, Mina? You sleep together with Chaeyoung?" Mrs. Myoui asked.

Mina looked down.

"Please!" Mina pleaded.

"No, I won't allow that. It's inappropriate!" Mrs. Myoui strictly said.

Mina grumbled.

"It's ok, Mina. Your mother's right." Chaeyoung softly said.

Mina then stomped into her room and slammed the door. Mrs. Myoui sighed and Chaeyoung was stunned. He bowed a little before going back to his own room too. Yeri too did the same. The Myoui couple then went to their own room too, on the second floor. They washed up, brushed their teeths and changed into a pajamas and prepared to sleep.

"We need the Chou's heir." Mr. Myoui remarked as he laid on their bed.

"What do you mean?" Mrs. Myoui responded as she too laid down.

"Mina is 18. It's time."