Neunundzwanzig (29)

Some Things Never Change

Chaeyoung quickly got into his car and drove at top speed. What Mina didn't know was that, Chaeyoung had planned to break up with her since last week. He had already looked for a new place. The place wasn't really to his liking, he liked his old condo better, but he was desperate, so he took it.

As soon as Chaeyoung arrived at his new condo, he quickly went to the fridge to get the soju he had stocked up and chugged nonstop. His face was getting redder every second and he had gotten more tipsy. With unbalanced steps, he made it to the couch in the living room and passed out.

 


Mina stirred awake and realized that she had fallen asleep on the couch in the living room while waiting for Chaeyoung. She yawned and stretched and then got up.

"Chaeng?" Mina called out.

No response.

"Changie?" She raised her voice.

She checked his room and was shocked to discover that the room was clean as new. She checked the walk in closet, no clothes. The bathroom had no cleaning products whatsoever. Her huge painting which Chaeyoung hung on the wall also vanished. The little room inside was also clean as new.

Mina quickly panicked. No, it couldn't be. Chaeyoung had promised. He had promised not to leave her. Tears started welling up in her eyes. With trembling hands, she searched for her phone and called Chaeyoung.

 

 


Meanwhile, Chaeyoung was woken up by his phone's ringtone. He got up and quickly felt the massive headache pounding his head. He grunted and quickly rubbed his temple to ease it. The ringtone kept on blaring.

"Argh, where's my phone?" He groaned.

He searched everywhere and finally found it. He was about to pick up the call but it already ended. He cursed under his breath. He saw that it was Mina that was calling. Argh, he didn't really want to face Mina right now. Not long after, the phone rang again. He sighed.

"Hello?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Chaengie, Where have you been? And why is your room so clean? You aren't thinking of leaving me, right?" Mina nagged.

Cheayoung sighed.

"Yeah, sorry, I'll be there soon." He shortly answered then hung up the call.

 


"What the? Did he just hang up on me?" Mina complained. "What's wrong with him lately?"

Mina sighed. She just decided to wash up while waiting for Chaeyoung.

 

 

Chaeyoung sighed after hanging up the call. His head hurt so much, he wished that it was possible to unplug his head out of his body. He lied down on the couch to feel better. He sighed.

"God, please give me strength! I can't deal with this!" He cried.

After a few minutes, he got up and searched for tylenol to ease his headache and then he went to shower. He usually cooked breakfast in the morning, but he saw that it was nearing noon. He cursed again. He had never woken up this late before. He just decided to drive to Mina's mansion.

 

 

 


Mina was pacing back and forth as she waited for Chaeyoung. She kept on biting her nails because she was really nervous.  She couldn't even eat even though she was really hungry. As soon as Chaeyoung appeared on the door, Mina dashed to him. She started crying her eyes out.

"Chaengie, don't leave me!" She wailed.

Chaeyoung's heart hurt at this sight of Mina. He was about to kiss her crown to soothe her, when he realized that they were going to break up soon and Mina would be with Jimin soon. He didn't want to disrespect Jimin, so he held back.

He didn't know if it was appropriate to hug Mina too, so he just kept still while Mina was crying. Mina kept on crying. She was confushed. She didn't know why Chaeyoung changed so much lately. Why wasn't Chaeyoung comforting her right now?

After a while, she got tired of crying and calmed down. Chaeyoung was still silent and quiet. Mina then let go of Chaeyoung. She looked up at Chaeyoung. Chaeyound had an unreadable exrpression. Mina failed to comprehend Chaeyoung. Why did he have that kind of expression right now? Like he was indifferent to the fact that she was crying her eyes out. Chaeyoung cleared his throat.

"Should we eat? Have you eaten yet?" Chaeyoung gently asked.

Mina shook her head.

"Let's go!" Chaeyoung said as he walked to the dining room, but Mina didn't follow suit. Chaeyoung paused.

"Let's go, Minari!" Chaeyoung urged, but Mina stayed put.

"Mina, please!" Chaeyoung pleaded softly.

"Carry me!" Mina requested.

Chaeyoung blushed at the request and coughed dryly.

"Mina, you can walk by yourself, why do you need me to carry you?" Chaeyoung reasoned.

"Is it wrong of me to want to be spoiled by my own boyfriend?" Mina seethed.

Chaeyoung looked down and sighed.

'Sorry, Jimin' Chaeyoung said in his heart before carrying Mina bridal style.

Mina instantly smiled. Her gums were showing and Chaeyoung's heart skipped a beat. His heart ached.

'How am I supposed to let her go now?' He thought.

 

They then ate in silence in the living room. Both of them were famished, so they just kept on eating until their stomach was full. After they finished, Mina decided to ask her question.

"So Chaengie, what's wrong with you lately? You've gotten more cranky and you're not as gentle as before." Mina complained.

"D-did I do anything wrong?" Mina asked.

"Uhm, I've just been stressed lately." Chaeyoung chuckled dryly.

"Stressed about what?" Mina asked.

Chaeyoung sighed. He couldn't tell her the truth. He cleared his throat.

"About the exams." Chaeyoung lied.

Mina brightened at that.

"Chaengie, please don't stress yourself like this! I know you will ace the exams. I will always be proud of you, Changie!" Mina chirped.

Chaeyoung's heart felt warm at Mina's words.

'Damn you, Mina. You're making it hard for me to let you go!' Chaeyoung thought.

"And why did you not go home last night and where were you staying?" Mina asked.

', what am I supposed to answer?' He cursed.

​​​​​