Achtunddreißig (38)

Some Things Never Change

After arriving at the Mansion, Mina quickly showed Yeri her room.

"Thank you so much, Mina! I'll try my best to repay you!" Yeri thanked, bowing 90 degrees.

Mina giggled and held Yeri's shoulders to straighten her up.

"Shh, I'm happy actually! I've always been alone in this huge mansion and it's very lonely. I'm glad that I'll have company now. I'd like to get to know you better, Yeri, but I feel like you're exhausted now. So, go and rest in your room. The maids can help unpack your stuffs." Mina replied.

"Ah, no, no, uhm, I can unpack on my own. Thank you." Yeri refused.

"Ok, but if you need anything, don't hesitate to call the maids or me! My room is right there." Mina beamed and pointed to her.

"Ah, ok, uhm, is it ok if I go to my room now?" Yeri hesitantly asked.

"Yeah, of course! I'll just wait for Chaengie in the living room." Mina chirped.


After awhile, Chaeyoung finally arrived.

"Changie!" Mina dashed to hug him.

Not gonna lie, even though he was kinda upset with Mina. It made him blush how Mina was so happy to see him. Gosh, looked like it wasn't really possible to move on. 

"Alright, you can let go of me now." Chaeyoung tried to sound like he didn't care.

"Chaengie! You're sleeping in my room!" Mina bossily said.

"What? Mina, we aren't together anymore!" Chaeyoung reasoned.

"Please, Changie! Let me explain everything! We can fix this!" Mina pleaded with puppy eyes.

Chaeyoung sighed.

"Fine." Chaeyoung complied.

"Yippie!" Mina cheered as she did a celebratory dance.

Chaeyoung had to bite his lips to try to hide his smile. Mina was just too cute.

"Where's Yeri, by the way?" Chaeyoung asked.

Mina huffed.

"She's in her room! Now let's go!" Mina dragged Chaeyoung to her room.

Chaeyoung just shook his head.

 

Mina quickly jumped to her bed.

"Changie! Let's cuddle!" Mina urged.

"Can't I at least unpack first?" Chaeyoung asked, irritated.

"Oh, right! Let me help!" Mina chirped and dashed to help him.

"No, it's fine." Chaeyoung refused.

"Let me help! I'm your girlfriend!" Mina whined.

"Mina, we aren't together!" Chaeyoung reminded.

"We will be after I explain everything." Mina argued.

"How can you be so sure?" Chaeyoung fired back.

"Because you love me and I love you too." Mina replied as she helped Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung just froze. His heart skipped a beat. Argh, he wanted to believe it but Mina was just always so confusing. It was hard to believe it, even though he wanted it to be true.

 

Aftet that they cuddled together. Mina sniffed Chaeyoung.

"Ahh, I miss this smell! Smells like strawberry!" Mina smiled.

"Yeah, cuz it's my favorite food." Chaeyoung retorted.

"I know haha, every time we buy ice cream, you always want strawberry flavor!" Mina replied.

"Chaengie..." Mina trailed.

"I'm sorry! To be honest with you, when you asked me out at that time, I wasn't sure yet with my feeling. At that time, I was growing feeling for Jimin and then you asked me out. I was scared that I would hurt you if I reject you, so I agreed to be your girlfriend. I'm sorry Chaeyoung, I didn't realize that it would hurt you more than just rejecting you." Mina apologized.

"And that was probably why I neglected you, I wasn't really paying attention to you, because I was sorting my feeling out. So, I didn't really know what you felt at that time. I'm sorry." Mina added.

"But you should've just told me if you felt anything, if you were jealous or upset. If you just told me, I would try not to make you feel upset or jealous, especially now with Yeri. I realize now finally, what it's like to be jealous and I'm really sorry again. This is what you must've felt when you saw me with Jimin. It's a really horrible feeling....

"So, Chaeyoung I feel like our problem is that we're not honest with each other. I'm sure that if we're just honest to each other, then our relationship would be fine." Mina continued.

"Also, I've talked to Jimin already and explained that I will never be his girlfriend because I love you, so you don't need to worry about Jimin. So, let's get back together?" Mina asked.

Chaeyoung sighed.

"You're kinda right. We're not honest with each other. I just didn't wanna be controlling to you. I didn't really think that it was appropriate to just talk to you about my feeling, but I'll try to be more open in the future.

"But Mina, if you were growing feeling for Jimin, does it mean that if I didn't ask you out, you would never consider me? I mean, I don't wanna ruin what you have with him, just because of my feeling." Chaeyoung asked.

"To be honest with you, Chaeng. I didn't know you have feeling for me. I just always assumed that we were that girl and boy bestfriend that would never fall in love with each other, but after being together with you, I realize that I wanna be with you forever. I can picture a futute for us together, getting married, having kids, while I can't picture it with Jimin or Mark. So, that's when I realize that we belong together. 

"The thought of you ending up with a different girl also makes me sick to my guts. I don't think I can stand it, seeing you with another woman. I'll regret it for the rest of my life if that ever happens." Mina replied.

"I, I though it was obvious that I had feelings for you." Chaeyoung said, embarrassed.

Mina looked down.

"I'm sorry. Maybe I'm just that oblivious, but I'll try to pay more attention! I promise!" Mina promised.

"Uhm, I think Mina, I was kinda rushing too, when I asked you out. So, I think it's better if we take our time this time." Chaeyoung reasoned.

"But we both love each other, what's stopping us?" Mina asked.

"Let's take our time this time! Let's learn to understand each other better first and I need to heal from our relationship too, you gave me too much emotional damage." Chaeyoung replied.

"I'm sorry!" Mina whimpered.

Chaeyoung kissed her forehead.

"It's fine! It's always worth it when it comes to you!" Chaeyoung murmured.