Dreiundzwanzig (23)

Some Things Never Change

As soon as Jimin and Mina left, Nayeon quickly called Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung, who was still driving, didn't pick up the phone, in fear of the danger of driving and using the phone at the same time. Nayeon became anxious. She kept on tapping her feet. Jeongyeon finally came to pick Nayeon up for their date. He beamed his charming smile.

"Hey baby." He greeted. He was about to peck Nayeon's lips, but Nayeon pulled away. Jeongyeon's face quickly turned red in anger because of that.

"Baby, please, please, we have to warn Chaeyoung!" Nayeon frantically screamed.

Jeongyeon's face relaxed, but was quickly replaced with a curious expression.

"Why?" He calmly asked.

"Jimin and Mina went on a date to a mall!" Nayeon exclaimed.

Jeongyeon's eyes widened.

"WHAT!" He shouted.

"I tried to call Chaeyoung, but he didn't answer.

Chaeyoung, who just arrived home, quickly called Nayeon back. Nayeon, who saw Chaeyoung's name on her phone screen, quickly turned the speaker on, for Jeongyeon to hear as well.

"Hey, noona, sorry for not picking up the phone. I was driving. Do you need anything?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Chaeyoung, Jimin and Mina went on a  date, to the mall!" Nayeon exclaimed.

Chaeyoung widened his eyes.

"But she hates the mall....." He trailed.

"Yeah, she does, but somehow she agreed to go with Jimin." Nayeon remarked.

Chaeyoung crumpled his fist.

"Listen Chaeyoung! This is Jeongyeon. Whatever it is that you're trying to do! You better be fast, or Jimin will get to Mina first!" Jeongyeon adviced.

Chaeyoung gulped.

"You better do it tomorrow, or maybe tonight." Jeongyeon added.

Chaeyoung sighed.

"Ok." He breathed. "Thanks for telling me this, Jeongyeon hyung and Nayeon noona."

"We're just doing what we're supposed to do." Jeongyeon replied then they ended the call.

Chaeyoung sighed and went to his room.





 

Mina was humming a song happily, when she returned home. When she entered her home, Chaeyoung, who was sitting at the sofa, quickly stood up. Mina was startled.

"Oh, hey Chaeng!" She greeted cheerfully.

"Where have you been?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Oh, were you waiting for me?" She asked.

"Sorry for not informing you. I went to the mall with Jimin." She retorted.

'She didn't even hesitate.' Chaeyoung thought.

"Do you need anything, Chaeng?" Mina asked.

Chaeyoung looked away.

"No." He simply said and then left to go to his own room.

Mina was puzzled, but shrugged it off. Chaeyoung walked back and forth in his room. If he really confessed tomorrow, would Mina say yes, or no. He groaned.

' it!' He thought.

He called Jeongyeon.

"Hey Chaeng!" Jeongyeon greeted.

"Hyung, can you and Nayeon noona please help bring Mina somewhere else first tomorrow. I need her to come home at exactly 6 PM. Can you help me with that?" Chaeyoung asked.

Jeongyeon smiled.

"Sure! You got it! I'll call Nayeon now." He chirped and ended the call.

Chaeyoung sighed.

'Hope it works.' He thought.






 

The next day, Mina and Momo quickly dragged Mina to go to a mall and as expected Mina complained, but went along with it anyway.

"I just went to a mall yesterday." Mina whined.

Momo and Nayeon shot Mina a disapproving look. They both really  shipped Mina and Chaeyoung, not liking the fact that Mina seemed to enjoy being with Jimin. No offense to Jimin.

Meanwhile, Chaeyoung quickly prepared things that he needed to prepare before Mina came home. He crossed his fingers for good luck.

"Hope this works." He sighed.







 

When Mina came home, Chaeyoung, who was wearing his tuxedo, opened the door for Mina. Mina furrowed her eyebrows.

"What's going on? Why are you wearing a tuxedo?" She asked.

Chaeyoung didn't answer and simply offered his hand for Mina to take and Mina took it albeit her confusion. Chaeyoung led her to his room. He already decorated his room with LED lights. He the LED lights and dimmed the lightbulb. A big painting of Mina, which was drawn on 4 different canvases put together like a puzzle, was hanged on the wall. Mina was visibly shocked.

"Wow, did you paint this, Chaeng? It's amazing." She blushed, embarrassed of the gigantic painting of her.

Chaeyoung hummed and the music. So Close by Jon Mclaughlin started playing. Chaeyoung guided Mina's hands to his neck, while he put his hands on her waist. They swayed their bodies to the music.

"What's the occasion?" She asked, as they danced.

Chaeyoung didn't answer her. He looked calm on the outside, but deep inside he was nervous. This could be his last day in this house. If Mina rejected him, he obviously had to leave. Not to mention, the awkwardness that came after. It could also mean the end of their friendship. He just hoped it wouldn't happen.

After the song ended, Chaeyoung guided Mina to the dining room, he already prepared two plates of steak for the night. He pulled Mina's chair for her and got her comfortably seated.

"Would you like me to pour the wine now, Ma'am?" He asked.

"Yes, please." She giggled.

He poured the wine into both of their wine glasses. They then began eating their meal.

"Wow, this is delicious. Did you cook it yourself, Chaeng?" She complimented.

Chaeyoung hummed.

"Wow." She gasped.

"Seriously, what's the occasion?" She asked.

Chaeyoung still remained silent and they continued to savor their dinner. Chaeyoung finished first. He then left to his room and Mina was left alone, contemplating on what was going on. After Mina finished the meal, Mina was about to go to Chaeyoung, when Chaeyoung appeared in front of her. He seemed to be hiding something behind his back.

"There you are, Chae! Mind explaining to me, what's going on?" She asked.

"Mina, when I first met you 6 years ago, I just knew you were different. You were the only one who was kind to me. You didn't care about my disability. You saved me from those bullies and I was more than grateful for everything you've ever done for me.

"During those times, I couldn't help but catch feelings for you, a not only beautiful, but kind girl. I could go on and on about you, but I think we wouldn't have enough time for that.

"I don't have much to offer, but if you give me a chance. I promise, I will love you with all my heart. I will try my best to be a good boyfriend that you deserve.

"So, will you be my girlfriend?" He asked as he kneeled and handed her the boquet of roses he prepared.