Sechsunddreißig (36)

Some Things Never Change

"Okay, so I want you to partner up with 2 other people for this upcoming project. I will give you 3 days to submit the script and the sketch. After that, you have to present the idea. That's it! Class is dismissed!" Chaeyoung's professor announced at the end of the lecture.

Chaeyoung glanced at Tzuyu. They smirked at each other, knowing that they most definitely will be in one group, they just need one more person.

"We need one more person!" Chaeyoung voiced out.

A girl sitting next to Tzuyu approached Chaeyoung and asked, "Can I please join?" 

Chaeyoung gave Tzuyu a look, seeking his approval. Tzuyu just shrugged. Chaeyoung smiled.

"Sure!" Cheyoung replied.

The girl smiled as she joined the group. 

"Thanks, I don't really know anyone here." She thanked them.

"No problem. What's your name, by the way?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Oh, I'm Kim Yerim and you?" Yeri replied.

"I'm Chaeyoung and he's Tzuyu." Chaeyoung retorted.

Yeri gasped.

"You both are heirs of companies, right?" Yeri asked.

Chaeyoung chuckled. 

"Wow!" She exclaimed.

"Anyway, we need to start working on the assignment already, we haven't got much time. Where should we do it?" Yeri asked.

"We can do it at my condo if you want." Chaeyoung offered.

"Sure." Yeri agreed.

Tzuyu's phone rang and he excused himself to answer the phone. After awhile, he came back.

"Unfortunately, I can't today. My parents just got home, so I have to attend the family dinner. Are you guys alright with working by yourselves first? I promise, I'll join tomorrow." Tzuyu explained.

"I'm ok with that!" Chaeyoung assured.

"Dinner is in the evening, right? You can join the discussion first and then you can leave early to attend your family dinner." Yeri suggested.

"Yeah, sure. Thank you, I owe you guys!" Tzuyu thanked.

 

 

Meanwhile, Mina was determined to talk to Jimin first and then Chaeyoung. 

During break time, as usual four of them were eating lunch together.

"Jimin oppa, can we please talk in private after this?" Mina asked.

Jimin smiled widely. He nodded frantically. Mina gave a small smile. She felt bad seeing his reaction. He looked so happy and Mina knew, he would feel sad after hearing what she had to say.

 


Mina and Jimin went to the garden at campus. They stood under a tree. Jimin's heart was beating very fast. His cheeks reddened. His eyes were almost closing, since he was smiling so brightly. He thought Mina was going to confess.

"So, uhm, I need to clarify somehing." Mina started.

"I know you're feeling hopeful that we can possibly be together, but I don't think it's possible. I love Chaeyoung, once we sort everything out, I'll come back to him. I just wanna tell you this, because I don't want to lead you on. I'm sorry." Mina explained.

Jimin's face fell.

"B-b-but, what about all those times we spent together? I could feel your heartbeat, Mina! Y-y-your heartbeat was always so fast. You were always so shy and nervous around me. What about our chemistry? What about our little date?" He stammered.

Mina looked down.

"Is it because I'm not as rich as Chaeyoung?" Jimin growled.

"What? No! I don't care about money!" Mina badgered.

"I admit, I have a crush on you, Jimin oppa. I've never really met a boy ballet dancer before and I just admire you so much for it, but that's as far as it is. I don't really love you romantically. I can't really imagine a future for us. I can only imagine it with Chaeyoung." Mina explained.

Jimin heaved a heavy sigh after hearing Mina's explanation.

"Well, in that case, I can't really force you to be in a relationship with me." Jimin lamented.

"Thank you for telling me this. I appreciate it. I guess, it's time for me to move on. Send my kind regards to Chaeyoung. He's a good man, Mina. Please sort whatever problem you two have. I'm rooting for you guys." Jimin chirped.

"Thank you, oppa." Mina murmured.

 

 

Mina whistled happily as she drove to Chaeyoung's condo. She rang the doorbell, once she arrived but there was no answer. She rang it again and Chaeyoung finally opened the door. Mina automatically smiled. Cheyoung was confused.

"Mina?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Hi Chaengie!" Mina greeted.

What was Mina doing here? It felt weird seeing Mina again. They literally haven't talked to each other in a while and Chaeyoung hadn't really moved on yet.

"Will you please let me in?" Mina asked nicely.

"Mina, you can't do this anymore. You have to understand that we're not together anymore and I'm not ready to face you yet, so you should've contacted me first before visiting me and unless I agree, you can't come." Chaeyoung growled.

Mina frowned.

"That's why I'm here, Chaeyoung. I want to apologize and make things right. We can fix this, Chaeyoung. I promise we can overcome this!" Mina explained.

"I can't right now. I'm working on a project with my friend." Cheyoung retorted.

"Tzuyu?" Mina asked.

"Yeah, but he has to leave early, so I'm with my other friend." Chaeoyung replied.

"Who?" Mina asked.

"You don't know her." Chaeyoung muttered.

As soon as Mina heard 'her', her eyes darkened. She frowned.

"You're alone with a girl?" Mina growled.

Chaeyoung was taken aback. Was Mina being jealous right now?

"I mean, we're supposed to work with Tzuyu too, but like I said, Tzuyu had to leave early." Chaeyoung explained, somehow feeling nervous because Mina was kind of scary right now.

"Let me in!" Mina demanded.

"You'll be bored to death. I can't really entertain you, because I'll be working together with Yeri." Chaeoyung reasoned.

"Is that her name?" Mina asked.

Chaeyoung nodded. Mina was cursing the girl in her mind.

"I don't care, just let me in!" Mina demanded.

"Okay, but don't bother us, okay!" Chaeyoung remarked.

"I won't, I'll just be watching you guys, just making sure there is no funny business." She gritted her teeth and entered the condo with a pissed expression.

Chaeyoung sighed.