Dreiunddreißig (33)

Some Things Never Change

Chaeyoung and Mina were going to go back to Seoul in three days, so Chaeyoung's father decided to take them to Haeundae beach. Chaeyoung's father decided to sunbathe, while keeping an eye on their stuffs, while Chaeyoung and Mina went swimming in the sea. Chaeyoung decided to keep his distance from Mina, but she kept on chasing him to get close.

"Changie! Stop swimming away from me!" She screamed in glee, before swimming closer to Chaeyoung again, while Chaeyoung kept swimming away.

This went on for a while, until Mina caught him.

"Gotcha!" She screamed, as she circled his neck from behind.

Chaeyoung sighed. Mina giggled.

"This is so refreshing! I like this beach!" Mina chirped.

"Let's swim back to the shore!" Chaeyoung remarked.

"Why? Let's stay like this for awhile!" Mina whined.

Chaeyoung then just wordlessly stayed there. Mina let go of Chaeyoung for awhile and swam to his front then circled his neck, that was shen she noticed he looked annoyed. Mina furrowed her eyebrows.

"Chaengie, what's wrong?" Mina asked.

"Nothing." Chaeyoung courtly answered.

Mina loosened her hug.

"Changie, what's wrong?" Mina pressed on.

Chaeyoung sighed.

"I'll go join my dad if that's alright with you. You'll be fine, right?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Oh, can I join you guys?" Mina asked.

"I haven't really had a chance to bond with my dad in a while now." Chaeyoung reasoned.

Mina looked down.

"Okay." She murmured. Chaeyoung then started swimming back to the shore then sprinted to his dad and laid on his towel next to his dad. Chaeyoung's dad glanced at him.

"Oh, Chaeng! Where's Mina?" His father asked.

"Still swimming!" Chaeyoung replied.

"Why don't you stay close to her?" His father frantically said.

"She should be alright." He replied.

"What if something happens to her?" His father pressed on.

"She can swim. She'll be fine." Chaeyoung reasoned.

"Chaeyoung, what is actually wrong with you? Why are you treating your girlfriend this way? I thought I raised you better!" Chaeyoung's father nagged. He wasn't laying down anymore. He was sitting up and he looked livid.

"Dad, she'll be fine." Chaeyoung assured his father.

"It's not only about that, but this could be a trip for you and Mina. Any boyfriend would want to stay close to their girlfriend. If it was your mother and I, I knew I wouldn't leave her alone.Why are you avoiding her anyway?" Chaeyoung's father argued.

Hearing his father mention his mother made his blood boil. How could he say something like that as if he wasn't the one, who didn't stick by his mother's side when she was pregnant and urged her to kill him.

"BECAUSE I'M GOING TO BREAK UP WITH HER SOON!" He badgered.

Chaeyoung's father's eyes widened.

"What?" Chaeyoung's father mumbled.

Chaeyoung looked down. He didn't mean to shout at his father and several people near them were giving him death glare for being loud.

"I'm sorry for shouting, daddy." Chaeyoung apologized.

Chayoung's father sighed.

"It's fine, but why? Why do you wanna break up with Mina? You've loved her for a very long time and now you finally have her. Why do you wanna break up with her?" Chaeyoung's father asked.

Just as Chaeyoung was about to answer, Mina appreared in front of him, still dripping wet from swimming. Her eyes were welled up in tears.

"You wanna break up with me?" Mina breathed.

Chaeyoung's face went pale. He didn't expect Mina to hear it. He thought that Mina was still swimming. Mina's tears had fallen.

"Answer your father, Chaengie. Why do you wanna break up with me?" She pressed.

Chaeyoung sighed.

"Let's not talk about this right now, we're still at the beach, let's talk about t late-" Chaeyoung deflected before being interrupted by Mina.

"NO! WE'RE TALKING ABOUT IT RIGHT NOW!" Mina wailed.

Chaeyoung sighed.

"I know you like Jimin, Mina." Chaeyoung answered, not looking at Mina.

At the mention of Jimin, Mina froze. Chaeyoung looked up at her. He chuckled bitterly.

"You won't even deny it!" Chaeyoung pointed out. He got up, took his towel and the car key.

"I'll just wash up." Chaeyoung murmured and left.

Chaeyoung then washed up and just stayed in their car. He had been planing to break up with her but still his heart felt like it was squeezed like a lemon. It hurt like crazy and he cried loudly in the car. This was it. Mina wasn't his anymore. 

He wanted Mina to be happy and he knew that Mina's happiness is Jimin. That's why he planned to break up with Mina, so that Mina could go to Jimin. He didn't want to be in the way of their love, yet no matter how many times he instilled this in his brain. It still hurt him deeply.

 

 

Meanwhile, Mina and Chaeyoung's father were both still shocked by what Chaeyoung said. Chaeyoung's father of course was confused. He had many questions like, 

who is Jimin? 

How come, Mina is Chaeyoung's girlfriend if she likes somebody else.

Is she cheating on Chaeyoung?

However, he decided not to say anything. He didn't want to make things worse.

"Should we go now?" He asked.

Mina just wordlessly nodded. They then washed up. When they were back to the car, Chaeyoung was asleep in the front passenger seat. Dried tears could be seen on his face and his father knew he had been crying. Mina sat in the back.

When they got home, Chaeyoung went to his room right away, but then Mina's stuffs were still in his room, so he went to a guest room instead and stayed there. Mina got into Chaeyoung's room and laid on Chaeyoung's bed. 

She knew she should've just denied it, but why did she freeze intead? She thought back to the first time she met Jimin. She thought back to all the practice they went through. Their little date at the mall. The performance. How much chemistry she felt.

She put her hand on her heart. Her heart beat faster. She was confused now. She had been Chaeyoung's girlfriend for awhile now and she was so sure of spending the rest of her life with him, but why did her heart beat for Jimin instead?

She thought about getting married with Jimin and having kids with Jimin, but she could not imagine that. She could only imagine it with Chaeyoung. This was so confusing. She planned to ask Nayeon when she went back to Seoul.