Neununddreißig (39)

Some Things Never Change

The next morning, Yeri woke up early to prepare food in the kitchen. The maids were shocked when she offered to cook and was kind of scared to be reprimanded by Mina because they hadn't received any instructions from her yet but in the end, they let Yeri cook in the kitchen since Yeri promised to take the blam if ever Mina got bad. Yeri cooked a lot. She thought it was the least she could do to thank Chaeyoung and Mina.

Chaeyoung, as usual woke up at 7. Mina, who was hugging Chaeyoung, stirred awake too. Mina smiled instantly as she saw Chaeyoung, who was still dazed. She inched closer and pecked his lips and Chaeyoung quickly widened his eyes.

He jumped from the bed and sprinted out of the room. Mina just chuckled. 

'Cute' she thought.

And then she quickly went to the bathroom to shower. Once the both of them were done, they went to the dining table to eat breakfast.

"Hey, Yeri" Chaeyoung greeted as Yeri was already at the dining table. 

Yeri gave a small smile. Soon, Mina joined in too. Chaeyoung took a bite and was quickly in love with the food. He wolfed the food down. Mina, also took a bite and quickly was in love. She ate appetizingly.

After Chaeyoung finished, he quickly made a comment, "Whoa, today's food is extra good. The maids did a really good job today."

"I agree~" Mina gleefully said.

"Uhm, actually, I was the one, who prepared the food. You know, it's the least I can do to repay you guys." Yeri chimed in.

"Really, Yeri?" Chaeyoung asked cheerfully.

Mina frowned.

"Hehe, yeah. I can cook everyday for you if you want." Yeri offered. 

Yeri, noticing Mina's expression, quickly corrected herself.

"I mean for you too, Mina. For us, I mean. I can be like a cook here, so I'm not like a freeloader here, hehe" Yeri awkwardly said, giving a small laugh.

"Oohhh, that's a good idea and don't think you're a freeloader here." Chaeyoung agreed.

Mina, not wanting to lose to Yeri chimed in.

"What about if me and Yeri take turns in cooking?" Mina tried to appeal to Chaeyoung.

"Mina, you burned the kitchen down trying to cook pasta!" Chaeyoung reminded.

"What?" Yeri exclaimed.

Mina's face turned beet red. Yeri quickly fixed herself again.

"I mean, were you okay then? Was everything okay?" She awkwardly laughed.

"Yeah, fortunately I came on time." Chaeyoung guffawed.

"Don't worry, Mina! Leave the cooking to me! I'll cook many more good food for you guys! My mom taught me many good recipes!" Yeri smiled warmly.

"Ooh, we have to go, or we'll be late! Come on, Yeri!" Chaeyoung exclaimed.

"Wait, you guys are going together?" Mina asked.

"Of course, we go to the same Uni and study the same major." Chaeyoung answered, matter-of-factly.

Mina grew silent.

"Uh, in that case, I'll be going first. You, be careful on the road to your Uni too. Bye bye." Yeri awkwardly said and waves her hand awkwardly before following Chaeyoung.

After both of them left, Mina dropped her head on the table and cried her eyes out. She's jealous of them, but can't deny that they look good together. Yeri can cook good food for Chaeyoung everyday and Chaeyoung seems to love Yeri's food so much, while she can't even cook a simple dish.

Chaeyoung and Yeri will be spending more and more time together. What if Chaeyoung moves on from her and falls in love with Yeri instead? Chaeyoung seems to really hate her now and he said she gave him too much emotional damage. What should she do now?

Should she really let them be together or fight for their love? Mina looked at the clock. She really gotta hury or she'd be late. She fixed herself and quickly drove to her uni. Fortunately, she arrived on time.

 

 

Meanwhile, the Chou family was having a breakfast. This was the first time they had breakfast together again after so many years. After Tzuyu was done, he politely excused himself.

"Mother, Father, I've finished eating. I will be leaving to the University." Tzuyu politely said.

Mr. Chou just grunted.

"Be careful!" Mrs. Chou said elegantly.

"Uhm, I will be coming home late today. There's a project from the Uni, I will be working with Chaeyoung and Yeri until late." Tzuyu added.

"Son Chaeyoung?" Mr. Chou asked.

"Yes, Father." Tzuyu answered.

"Son's corp used to be a worthy oppenent but they have fallen so far down and we are rising higher and higher. The old Son was definitely doing better than the current Son." Mr. Chou commented. "And the legitimacy of the new Son..."

Tzuyu crumpled his fist.

"Father, I have to leave now or I'll be late." He sternly said.

"Ah yeah, sure." Mr. Chou retorted.

Tzuyu then quickly turned to leave. Upon entering the car, he inhaled and exhaled a lot of times until he calmed down before driving away. His father's comment about his friend was bothering him and he somehow had a gut feeling that something bad would happen.

 

 

 

Meanwhile, Mina was very gloomy in the Uni. During lunch time, she barely evern touched her food. She was just thinking deeply. Of course, it didn't go unnoticed by Nayeon.

"What happened to you?" Nayeon asked.

Momo and Jimin turned to Mina. Mina sighed heavily.

"Nayeon unnie" Mina called out.

Nayeon hummed.

"Never mind" Mina asked.

"Bruh, you're only making me curious." Nayeon whined.

"It's just that I don't feel like I'm good enough for Chaeyoung and feels like I'm really selfish for wanting to keep him, but I don't know if I can let him go and let him be happy with someone else. What should I do? I'm such a horrible person." Mina dropped his head on the table.

"Mina..." Nayeon was about to comfort Mina when Mina's phone rang.

"Mina, We are coming home tonight." Mina's mother informed through the phone.

Mina widened her eyes.