Achtundvierzig (48)

Some Things Never Change

Well, if there isn't anything else, we'll be leaving then!" Tzuyu commented.

"You can't be serious, Tzuyu! This isn't fair for Yeri!" Chaeyoung argued.

"This is for the plan. I will stand my ground and make father accept Yeri so that no matter what, Mr. Myoui can't force me and Mina to be together anyway. Their plan will fail" Tzuyu explained.

"It's just unfair for Yeri." Chaeyoung expressed his concern.

"Yeri agreed, though!" Tzuyu shrugged.

Yeri looked down.

"Yeri, you don't have to do this. It's unfair for you." Chaeyoung breathed.

"I-" Yeri whimpered. "I gotta pack."

She then left to the room.

"Yeri!" Chaeyoung sighed. 

"We didn't unpack yet. What is she even packing?" He muttered under his breath.

"Don't worry, Chaeyoung. It's gonna benefit all of us." Tzuyu assured. "Excuse me, brother."

Tzuyu left to pick up his luggage.

"Why aren't you saying anything?" Chaeyoung asked Mina.

"I'm not sure what to say. It's indeed unfair for Yeri." Mina replied.

Chaeyoung sighed.

"We need to inform your father still." Mina suggested. "He needs to be prepared."

"Yeah, you're right. I'll call him later." Chaeyoung agreed.

 

 

 

 


Mrs. Myoui was pacing back and forth at the mansion, panicking as she Mina rejected her call and blocked her. She also never had the chance to ask for Chaeyoung's phone number. Mr. Myoui then arrived home.

"Where's my child?" Mrs. Myoui cried.

Mr. Myoui sighed. 

"She's safe. Don't worry! She'll be home in 3 days." Mr. Myoui said as he was heading to the stairs.

"Stop right there, you monster!" Mrs. Myoui yelled. "You'll sell our child for profit? You've gone too far, Akira!"

"I'm not selling her!" Mr. Myoui defended himself. "I'm guiding her, so that she ends up with a life partner that is suitable for her."

"You're a liar!" Mr. Myoui croaked. "I- I don't know you anymore! Tell me where she is, right now!"

Mr. Myoui sighed. "Like I said, Sachiko. She's safe and sound and she will be back in 3 days. You just have to trust me! Just like you have always trusted me!"

"You monster!" Mrs. Myoui shouted one last time. She then climbed up the stairs and went to their bedroon and started shoving clothes to her suitcase. Mr. Myoui started panicking.

"What are you doing, Sachiko?" Mr. Myoui panicked.

"I'm not staying with a monster like you! You're not the same person I married years ago! We're getting a divorce!" Mrs. Myoui cried.

At the mention of divorce, Mr. Myoui freezed.

"N-n-now, Sachiko, honey. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. I said I'll bring her home in 3 days, didn't I." Mr. Myoui stammered.

Mrs. Myoui picked up her suitcase and started leaving. Mr. Myoui followed.

"I-I'll bring her home, now!" Mr. Myoui negotiated.

"Tell me, where she is now!" Mrs. Myoui commanded.

Mr. Myoui gulped.

 

 

 

 


"Say something!" Tzuyu said while driving.

"WHAT DO YOU EXACTLY WANT ME TO SAY?" Yeri badgered.

"You can't go on liking Chaeyoung, while Mina and Chaeyoung are together." Tzuyu replied.

"STOP MENTIONING THAT! I KNOW, OKAY?" Yeri yelled. She wiped the tears that fell as a result of how angry she was.

Tzuyu gulped. He felt guilty, but at the same time, he needed Yeri for the plan.

They both arrived in the building not long after. He quickly talked to the receptionist and was quickly given the best apartment unit that was available at that moment. They both went to the building in silence.

Yeri quickly went to check if the building had multiple bedrooms, which thankfully it had 2 bedrooms. 1 master bedroom and 1 guestroom. She wordlessly took her stuffs to the guestroom.

"What are you doing?" Tzuyu asked.

Yeri sighed. "Unpack"

"We should sleep in the same roo-"

"Ow!" Tzuyu groaned as Yeri stepped on his toe.

"ERT!" Yeri shouted.

"Father would surely come to check! He'll realize it's fake if we sleep in different rooms!" Tzuyu argued. "I'm not a ert, geez!"

Yeri's face reddened. "Well, um, just tell him that I'm conservative. The type to wait till marriage!" 

Yeri then slammed the door in anger.

"Geez, I didn't remember her being this fierce!" Tzuyu commented.

 

 

 

 


The furniture finally came to Chaeng's condo unit.

"Help me with the furnitures?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Sure!" Mina gushed.

They both then spent the rest of the day with the furnitures plus unpacking. After the exhausting day, they decided to just order delivery and ate and then both showered and slept in their brand new king sized bedroom. Mina snuggled closer to Chaeyoung.

"I miss this, Chaengie! Just me and you." She giggled.

"Your mother doesn't like us sleeping together." Chaeyoung reminded.

Mina instantly frowned. "Well, she's not here!"

"And don't speak about her again! I don't have parents from now on, Chaengie."

Dingdong! Dingdong! Dingdong!

"Who's that? At this time?" Chaeyoung wondered. He then went and opened the door. Mrs. Myoui barged inside.

"Mina-chan?" Mrs. Myoui called.

Mina gasped but had no time to flee as Mrs. Myoui hugged her. "Oh, you're safe! You're safe!"

"M-mama?" Mina cleared . "You can't convince me to go back, Mama!"

"I know. You won't mind if I stay here for awhile, right?" Mrs. Myoui breathed .

Mina gasped. "You're on our side?" 

"Of course! I will never trade my daughter's happiness for money and I like Chaeyoung for you. He seems gentle and kind." Mrs. Myoui replied.

Mina gasped. "He is! He is gentle and kind. He's perfect for me."

"I-I thought you and papa agreed to sell me, Mama. I didn't know you're on our side." Mina cried. "I'm sorry for rejecting your call and blocking you."

"It's okay, honey!" Mrs. Myoui retorted. Mrs. Myoui started sniffing. She smelled manly cologne smell. "Are you planning on sleeping with Chaeyoung?" 

"Why not, Mama?" Mina pouted.

"It's inappropriate!" Mrs. Myoui reprimanded. "I'll talk to Chaeyoung!"

Chaeyoung was at the living room just waiting for Mina and Mrs. Myoui.

"Hi, Chaeyoung. I apologize for my manners. I was just extremely worried." Mrs. Myoui apologized.

"Ah, it's okay, Mrs. Myoui." Chaeyoung appeased. 

"Call me Mama, Chaeyoung." Mrs. Myoui relented. Chaeyoung blushed.

"You wouldn't mind moving if I stay here for awhile, right?" Mrs. Myoui asked.

"Of course!" Chaeyoung chirped. "Stay as long as you want!" 

"You wouldn't also mind moving your stuffs to the other room. I'm not really comfortable with you sleeping together. At least, not until you're married." 

"Ah yeah, of course, hehe." Chaeyoung chuckled. 

Mina and Mrs. Myoui then ended up rooming together and Chaeyoung slept at the other room.