Zwölf (12)

Some Things Never Change

Long story short, Chaeyoung redesigned his new room and now the room was under construction, so he moved to the other guest room. Mina helped him pack his stuffs and unpack his stuffs in the new room. September came quickly and they finally started their first day of college.

Chaeyoung woke up extra early and told the maids to wake Mina up too, since he had to take her to her college first before going to his. Mina was so upset when she looked at the time. After showering, they had breakfast together.

"Ugh, Chaeng! Why do you have to wake me up early in the morning like this?" Mina groaned.

"I have to take you to your Uni first, remember? If we wake up later, I'll be late!" Chaeyoung replied.

"You can sleep in the car! I'll safely bring you to your uni!" Chaeyoung beamed.

Mina sighed. After they both finished their breakfast, Chaeyoung and Mina made their way to the garrage. Chaeyoung got into his car, started it and drove it out of the garrage. Little did he know, Mina did the same. After successfully getting his car out of the garrage, he hopped off his car to get to Mina, but instead saw her car right behind his car. Mina stuck her head out her car.

"I'm just kidding about you working for me, haha!" She chirped.

He furrowed his eyebrows and went to Mina.

"You told me to be your driver!" Chaeyoung whined.

"You don't have to, Chaeng!" Mina giggled.

"Then, I'm paying rent!" Chaeyoung argued.

"Chaeng, you don't need to pay me or do anything for me! Your presence is enough! I always felt alone in this huge, lonely mansion. Your presence changed everything. This month was really the liveliest I've felt, plus I'm so happy, I managed to make you like video games." She explained, giggling to herself.

Chaeyoung looked down, felt uncomfortable with the fact that he lived in Mina's mansion for free like a freeloader.

"Chaeyoung, hey!" Mina breathed.

"Hey! Look at me!" She added.

Chaeyoung still refused to look at her.

"Chaengie, please!" She pleaded.

Chaeyoung finally looked at her. Mina palmed his cheek and rubbed it. Chaeyoung blushed. His stomach felt warm and fuzzy.

"Think of it as accompanying me, so I wouldn't be alone, okay?" Mina murmured.

Chaeyoung nodded.

"Now, go back to your car! You don't want to be late on your first day, right?" Mina remarked.

Chaeyoung shook her head then sighed.

"Then, be careful driving, Mina! I hope you have fun on your first day of college!" Chaeyoung chirped.

He waved her goodbye, which Mina reciprocated then jogged to his car and drove on. Mina drove behind him. Along the way, they seperated ways, each to their own destination.

When Chaeyoung arrived, the parking place was pretty much empty. He could find parking place easily. Of course, he was too early, so not many people have arrived yet. A sense of pride came to him, now that he finally could start studying in this place. All of those hard works all those years didn't go to waste at all. For the time being, he decided to explore this huge University

After exploring the Uni, he went to his instructed room and found a place and sat there. He was the first person in the room, but after a while, more and more people entered the room. A familiar figure entered the room and scanned the place. When the young man's gaze fell on him, the young man froze for awhile, before heading over to sit next to him. He decided to be nice to this person.

"Hi, I'm Chaeyoung! Nice to meet you!" He chirped.

The young man looked at him, his expression unredable.

"I know." He muttered. He sounded monotone.

Chaeyoung furrowed his eyebrows. This lad did seem familiar to him, but he couldn't tell who the lad was. Maybe, the lad knew him from the television? He decided to ask the lad's name.

"Oh! What's your name?" Chaeyoung asked.

There was a pause before the lad answered, "Chou Tzuyu."

Chaeyoung gasped. What are the odds of meeting his childhood bully again? He looked down. He started to get agitated. Could the rest of them be here too?

"I never bullied you!" Tzuyu stated.

Chaeyoung glanced at him. Tzuyu was not even looking at his direction.

"I didn't beat you up, when the rest was beating you up that day!" Tzuyu continued.

Chaeyoung just kept silent, didn't even know what to say.

"I suppose, I still owe you an apology for not standing up for you! I should've stood up for you!" Tzuyu apologized.

The silence continued.

"You don't need to forgive me if you do not wish to! I'm fine with that!" Tzuyu retorted.

Chaeyoung felt guilty. It wasn't like he hadn't let go of the past, but that was his dark past, and being confronted with this again was kind of unsettling for him. He always thought Tzuyu also beat him up that day, never thought Tzuyu didn't.

"You don't need to worry about the rest! None of them are smart enough to get into SNU, except maybe Jeongyeon Hyung." Tzuyu remarked.

'Jeongyeon Hyung is here too. What a small world.' He thought.









 

Meanwhile, Mina was practically grumbling because of how empty her Uni was. She could've slept more, but she arrived at the Uni too early and now got nothing to do. Guess, she could only explore the Uni. She explored the place until she found a dance studio, there was a young man dancing gracefully to the music.

Her jaw dropped, she'd never seen such graceful moves done by a man. This was indeed an institute of arts. After the young man finished dancing, he finally noticed Mina peeping through the window. Mina widened her eyes when he saw her. She quickly ducked then ran as fast as her legs could carry. The young man opened the door only to see no one. He shrugged.